Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gun's Guess at Which SEC Coaches Get Fired After 2020

vCash

Gun's Guess at Which SEC Coaches Get Fired After 2020

1. Derek Mason - They suck. The new Vandy AD may save him, but he's a dead man walking. Sucks that they are OM's permanent opponent.

2. Will Muschamp - He's a bad head coach & now with Mack Brown in the neighborhood, he gone.

3. Jeremy Pruitt - The recruiting success will come with expectations. Tennessee better show some real improvement this Fall or the boosters won't believe in Pruitt.

4. Gus Malzahn - He's always on the hot seat. With Auburn losing a good portion of it's OL & DL, this could be the year.

5. Lane Kiffin/Mike Leach - Either is completely capable of doing something stupid & getting fired.

7-14 - Aren't getting fired no matter what. Would love to see Stoops take over for Pruitt at Tennessee. Would be an awesome hire.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Muschamp is numero uno. He has been on the hot seat for the last couple of years. Kiff will leave is a better job (USC) comes open.

vCash
    Mason, Muschamp, and Malzahn are the only ones I can see getting fired.

I actually think Mason is a likable guy and he's shown flashes of potential, but Vandy is just a terrible job. They have no business having an SEC football program.

South Carolina always has a tough schedule. They've got Florida, A&M, LSU, Tennessee, Georgia, and Clemson this year.

And Auburn has wanted to fire Gus for years now but he always does just enough to save his job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Kiff will leave is a better job (USC) comes open.
    Kiff will have to win & keep his nose clean at OM for that to happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Mason, Muschamp, and Malzahn are the only ones I can see getting fired.

I actually think Mason is a likable guy and he's shown flashes of potential, but Vandy is just a terrible job. They have no business having an SEC football program.

South Carolina always has a tough schedule. They've got Florida, A&M, LSU, Tennessee, Georgia, and Clemson this year.

And Auburn has wanted to fire Gus for years now but he always does just enough to save his job.
    I've never understood why Vandy doesn't just go triple option & be a pain in everyone's rear

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I've never understood why Vandy doesn't just go triple option & be a pain in everyone's rear
    Agree, or go other end of the spectrum and do what we're doing and hire Graham Harrell or someone like that to run the air raid, like true pass it 60 times a game air raid.

I think James Franklin gave them false hope of what's possible by just doing what everyone else tries to do when they need to be figuring out how to be different.

vCash
    1. Derek Mason - They suck. The new Vandy AD may save him, but he's a dead man walking. Sucks that they are OM's permanent opponent.

2. Will Muschamp - He's a bad head coach & now with Mack Brown in the neighborhood, he gone.

3. Jeremy Pruitt - The recruiting success will come with expectations. Tennessee better show some real improvement this Fall or the boosters won't believe in Pruitt.

4. Gus Malzahn - He's always on the hot seat. With Auburn losing a good portion of it's OL & DL, this could be the year.

5. Lane Kiffin/Mike Leach - Either is completely capable of doing something stupid & getting fired.

7-14 - Aren't getting fired no matter what. Would love to see Stoops take over for Pruitt at Tennessee. Would be an awesome hire.
    I think the first two are the only realistic chances with everyone else safe barring a staffer on the back of a motorcycle or calling hookers with the company phone.

Schools are going to be more cautious when it comes to firing a coach, paying a big buy out and shelling out a bunch of cash for someone new given the loss of revenue due to coronavirus. If it has to be done so be it, but I think the coaching carousel will be a MUCH shorter ride this year.

vCash
    I give Jimbo at most two more season then he will be gone.

vCash
    Pruitt ain't gone after this year. They will win an extra game or two this year. I do believe they have turned the corner from where they were. But they are by no means back at real blueblood status. No realistic TN fans are expecting a SEC championship. They know they are still rebuilding. This is a big year for him though. But he's not going anywhere this year unless something crazy like RiverCity mentioned happens.

Gus has a higher chance than Pruitt IMO. Who knows what they will put on the field this year. That seems like Auburn every year though. I think he could blow it this year and Steele not bail him out of a couple of games.

Who really cares about what Vandy has going on in football? He is probably gone and will find a new job easily and probably have better success.

Muschamp.... He gone unless there is a miracle signal-caller that emerges.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    Pruitt ain't gone after this year. They will win an extra game or two this year. I do believe they have turned the corner from where they were. .
    You may be correct, but to my eye they weren't any good last year & really didn't make a jump on quality of play.

I think there is a legitimate possibility that they stink & the natives get restless.

vCash
    I feel like Leach already had his “oops. I screwed up” moment with his tweet and he won’t do anything to draw attention to himself again. I think his boundaries have been set.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Medic601 View Post
    I feel like Leach already had his “oops. I screwed up” moment with his tweet and he won’t do anything to draw attention to himself again. I think his boundaries have been set.
    Hopefully this is correct

vCash
    Ain't got Emory to teach it to them.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    You may be correct, but to my eye they weren't any good last year & really didn't make a jump on quality of play.

I think there is a legitimate possibility that they stink & the natives get restless.
    They weren't. It was also year 2. Yes we fired Moorhead after year 2 and yes it's UT, but they aren't going to fire him after 2. They know they are in rebuild mode. We fired Moorhead because he was in demolition mode. They beat a KY team that had put their WR at QB and became a threat. On the ground at least. KY ran the ball an overwhelming number of times and defenses knew it was coming and still struggled to stop him. We wouldn't have beat them if he had been at QB instead of WR when we played them.

I could see them upsetting Florida possibly. It's at Neyland.

Something small seemed to click with them it seemed after our game. They just weren't as bad as they were against Jacksonville State. They improved. I see no reason they wouldn't have a better record this year. They replace us with OM and shouldn't lose to their JSU equivalent this year. If that happened his seat may get hot.

I live in Tennessee so I hear all about it. Yes, they are always overrated recently but they may be putting something together. And I am not a believer in Pruitt.

If Harrsion Bailey shows up as a starter they might be good. Crap QB play out of Guarantano has cost them a few games no doubt. Fans don't back him so you will be seeing Bailey. Just not sure how soon. Hell, he may suck too though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post

Schools are going to be more cautious when it comes to firing a coach, paying a big buy out and shelling out a bunch of cash for someone new given the loss of revenue due to coronavirus. If it has to be done so be it, but I think the coaching carousel will be a MUCH shorter ride this year.
    That's a good point. It would be nice to get a few weeks into the season before espn starts running the coaching carousel rumor stories.

Moving signing day up to December has really created a mess with the retention or firing of coaches. I dislike when a school fires a guy mid-season and the season basically becomes conceded.

Remove the December and February signing dates. Go to a April signing date. To allow schools to finish their season. Fire the coach and find another without sabotaging seasons and bowl games.

vCash
    Pruitt ain?t going anywhere.
    Jumbo should be, and will be, high on that list.
    If I?m Vandy I offer Ken Niumatalolo 3.5 mil and move to Paul Johnson if he says no. I bring in a young, super aggressive DC to run a 3-man front. That?s a yearly bowl recipe and running the ball like that you are guaranteed to at least beat Ole Miss

vCash
    They weren't. It was also year 2. Yes we fired Moorhead after year 2 and yes it's UT, but they aren't going to fire him after 2. They know they are in rebuild mode. We fired Moorhead because he was in demolition mode. They beat a KY team that had put their WR at QB and became a threat. On the ground at least. KY ran the ball an overwhelming number of times and defenses knew it was coming and still struggled to stop him. We wouldn't have beat them if he had been at QB instead of WR when we played them.

I could see them upsetting Florida possibly. It's at Neyland.

Something small seemed to click with them it seemed after our game. They just weren't as bad as they were against Jacksonville State. They improved. I see no reason they wouldn't have a better record this year. They replace us with OM and shouldn't lose to their JSU equivalent this year. If that happened his seat may get hot.

I live in Tennessee so I hear all about it. Yes, they are always overrated recently but they may be putting something together. And I am not a believer in Pruitt.

If Harrsion Bailey shows up as a starter they might be good. Crap QB play out of Guarantano has cost them a few games no doubt. Fans don't back him so you will be seeing Bailey. Just not sure how soon. Hell, he may suck too though.
    I've been watching Bailey for 4 years. I'm a Marietta alum, and the consensus of most of my friends has been he will be an average SEC QB but not a day 1 starter. Having Arik Gilbert (LSU) & Ricky White (Michigan St) have had a lot to do with his success.
    Of course, you never know about QBs - he could show up and blow everyone away.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I've been watching Bailey for 4 years. I'm a Marietta alum, and the consensus of most of my friends has been he will be an average SEC QB but not a day 1 starter. Having Arik Gilbert (LSU) & Ricky White (Michigan St) have had a lot to do with his success.
    Of course, you never know about QBs - he could show up and blow everyone away.
    And the QB that landed vertically on his head while playing us is still dealing with that concussion and being put back in the next drive. Dude collapsed after a throw on the next drive. Should've never gone back in after he was upended. It was a pretty scary injury.

They very well may suck again next year. They definitely have a lot of question marks at QB. I think year 4 is make or break for Pruitt though.

vCash
    Pruitt ain't gone after this year. They will win an extra game or two this year. I do believe they have turned the corner from where they were. But they are by no means back at real blueblood status. No realistic TN fans are expecting a SEC championship. They know they are still rebuilding. This is a big year for him though. But he's not going anywhere this year unless something crazy like RiverCity mentioned happens.

Gus has a higher chance than Pruitt IMO. Who knows what they will put on the field this year. That seems like Auburn every year though. I think he could blow it this year and Steele not bail him out of a couple of games.

Who really cares about what Vandy has going on in football? He is probably gone and will find a new job easily and probably have better success.

Muschamp.... He gone unless there is a miracle signal-caller that emerges.
    Yep. +1
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Muschamp's seat is so hot you can see the heat signature from space. He's gotta really deliver this year to keep going. I think he gets fired.

Pruitt has to really screw the pooch to get canned. That program will have to completely implode on him. I think he's actually turning it around.

Gus is in the same boat as Pruitt. He has to really screw up to get fired this season. But, I'd bet he does it before Pruitt.