Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Football schedule

vCash
    I like the home and road mix. Only one set back to back road game. Last season just seemed weird. Didn't we go like four weeks with out a home game? That include bye week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    Not being a negative nancy but yall need to hold your horses on starting 4-0.

New scheme drastically different from anything we have ever run and a D that is largely unproven. I could see us at 4-0 or as bad as 2-2. We just don't know enough yet about this group. If we don't have any WRs step up it will be a rough year regardless of what the D does.
    Is it OK if we get excited about the season?

Of course what you say is true, but, if it's fine with you, can we get excited about football & the possibilities?

Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    We just don't know enough yet about this group.
    yeah, no kidding. You don't say.....

If it's OK with you though, can we think & at least attempt to prognosticate about what may happen this year?

Only if it's fine with you. If not, we'll just shut down the message board & wait till we have more information
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 05-28-2020 at 02:01 PM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Start 4-0 and get ready for the hype machine to be into overdrive. We'll be Primetime on ESPN with probably SEC Nation with an outside shot at Gameday, although they'll probably go to Penn St @ Michigan. The sports media wants any chance to get a camera on Mike Leach and they would relish an opportunity to get him in primetime vs a name opponent. It would rival the A&M game from 14 in terms of hype.
    That would be fun.

A&M would be 4-0 too, though with wins over 4 cupcakes (Ark, included). We would've at least won on the road at N.C. State to get to 4-0. I'm sure A&M will be ranked preseason and would be bumped up to the low teens after starting 4-0. I'd be surprised if we were ranked at that point, but we might slip into the 20's somewhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I like the home and road mix. Only one set back to back road game. Last season just seemed weird. Didn't we go like four weeks with out a home game? That include bye week.
    Yea we played 1 game in 7 weeks(4 roads and 2 byes), and it was the first time that happened to a team since Army in the 1940's or something like that.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Playing Bama, LSU, and then Auburn in a row while following it with Mizzou and at Kentucky in mid-November? That could easily be an 0-5 stretch. What a rough schedule
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    So much is just dependent on kj. If he is a true first round guy as he is projected by some right now, then 8-4 is very possible even with an average defense.

Dak took an average defense with no RB and no nfl WR to 8-4 in 2015. That is the kind of elevation you get with a true first rounder at qb.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    So much is just dependent on kj. If he is a true first round guy as he is projected by some right now, then 8-4 is very possible even with an average defense.

Dak took an average defense with no RB and no nfl WR to 8-4 in 2015. That is the kind of elevation you get with a true first rounder at qb.
    This is correct.

If KJ ends up being a 1st round caliber QB, then we'll win 8 games or so. It's hard to be that good at QB along with having a good RB & what should a good OL, & not score a bunch of points.

We may be getting a break today in that it looks like the NCAA will allow a 6 week training camp.

With KJ missing the Spring, to get two extra weeks of training camp is really really big for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    This is correct.

If KJ ends up being a 1st round caliber QB, then we'll win 8 games or so. It's hard to be that good at QB along with having a good RB & what should a good OL, & not score a bunch of points.

We may be getting a break today in that it looks like the NCAA will allow a 6 week training camp.

With KJ missing the Spring, to get two extra weeks of training camp is really really big for us.
    Who are the 4 starting WR you think when go 10 personnel?

vCash
    Who are the 4 starting WR you think when go 10 personnel?
    Mitchell
    Payton
    Heath

Are the main three.

Between Williams, Ducking, a TE, & FR we've got to find one more.

Malik Heath really intrigues me. I've always thought he was super talented

At 6'3" 210, Heath is a big WR but has short steps & quick feet. That SHOULD make him a good route runner &, if he can do that, he's going to be really good.

I don't know if he has Guidry's speed, but he's way more physical & some burst. He looks to have more natural ability than Ross, Bear, etc.

I think he could absolutely kill. On film, he's the most talent WR we've had in years.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 05-28-2020 at 09:51 PM.

vCash
    Mitchell
    Payton
    Heath

Are the main three.

Between Williams, Ducking, a TE, & FR we've got to find one more.

Malik Heath really intrigues me. I've always thought he was super talented
    You think Payton moves inside to the slot or we put heath inside?

vCash
    I move Heath around. I let him move around to find a matchup.

Really wish we had Teddy Knox this year. With Knox in the Slot with Mitchell, Heath, & Payton, you've got yourself a good WR corp. Maybe Tulu can develop quickly & do that.

Whatever Leach did with Michael Crabtree is what I'd do with Heath. What confuses me with Heath is his lack of production. I don't get it. When I watch him on video, he looks absolutely incredible. Like high round NFL incredible, but he didn't really perform that way in JUCO, so I'm confused
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 05-28-2020 at 09:56 PM.

vCash
    I move Heath around. I let him move around to find a matchup.

Really wish we had Teddy Knox this year. With Knox in the Slot with Mitchell, Heath, & Payton, you've got yourself a good WR corp. Maybe Tulu can develop quickly & do that.

Whatever Leach did with Michael Crabtree is what I'd do with Heath. What confuses me with Heath is his lack of production. I don't get it. When I watch him on video, he looks absolutely incredible. Like high round NFL incredible, but he didn't really perform that way in JUCO, so I'm confused
    Not saying Heath played in the wishbone in high school, but he’s going to have a heck of a lot more targets in the Air Raid than he’s ever had before.

vCash
    Payton will move to the slot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Playing Bama, LSU, and then Auburn in a row while following it with Mizzou and at Kentucky in mid-November? That could easily be an 0-5 stretch. What a rough schedule
    The only way we go 0-5 there is if we have a Sirmonesque defense this year.

vCash
    Is it OK if we get excited about the season?

Of course what you say is true, but, if it's fine with you, can we get excited about football & the possibilities?

yeah, no kidding. You don't say.....

If it's OK with you though, can we think & at least attempt to prognosticate about what may happen this year?

Only if it's fine with you. If not, we'll just shut down the message board & wait till we have more information
    By all means, just don't melt if we start 2-2....which of course you will.

Nothing wrong with getting excited. Hell, why stop at 4-0? Sorry you're so easily offended by other's opinions. After all aren't message boards for multiple opinions? Not just shotguns? and of course, if you disagree then shotgun is going to throw a little tantrum and let barry his 3rd personality come out.

Put Barry back in the box Shotgun. I was simply giving my opinion on the topic at hand, sorry to rustle your jimmies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    The only way we go 0-5 there is if we have a Sirmonesque defense this year.
    Bama is Bama
    LSU has more talent and we play in BR
    Auburn has more talent but its at home and they are young in the trenches. We have a shot here
    After that stretch- we play a Mizzou team with 19 starters returning that should be pretty good.
    At Kentucky in the cold November weather wont be easy- and they should be pretty good this year with what they have returning.

We shouldnt be Sirmon bad on D- but we wont be anything resembling good. I'm hoping for an average D.

vCash
    Who is Mizzou qb and is he any good?

vCash
    Bama is Bama
    LSU has more talent and we play in BR
    Auburn has more talent but its at home and they are young in the trenches. We have a shot here
    After that stretch- we play a Mizzou team with 19 starters returning that should be pretty good.
    At Kentucky in the cold November weather wont be easy- and they should be pretty good this year with what they have returning.

We shouldnt be Sirmon bad on D- but we wont be anything resembling good. I'm hoping for an average D.
    19? For Mizzou? Where did you see that? I'm seeing 10.

vCash
    19? For Mizzou? Where did you see that? I'm seeing 10.
    Was something I Read a few months ago. 247 is saying 13 starters returning. I apologize was the bad info

vCash
    Was something I Read a few months ago. 247 is saying 13 starters returning. I apologize was the bad info
    All good. What you think about drinkwitz? I know he is a Gus protege, you think he will be about like Gus or better?