Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Buy Or Sell: Croom is Better than Moorhead?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    We almost missed the opening kick at La Tech because Croom was reading the paper at the hotel and all the assistants were scared to say anything
    I don't care if that's true or not, that's hilarious.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Leeshouldveflanked;1251770]We almost missed the opening kick at La Tech because Croom was reading the paper at the hotel and all the assistants were scared to say anything[/QUOTE

Hahahhaha is this true?

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fader2103 View Post
    Croom beat Saban. I don't care what kind of talent Bama had at the time compared to what they had now. They still out recruited us then.
    Who cares? Our fans have some kind of complex with Alabama. That team sucked. They lost to UL Monroe the very next week at home.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Croom inherited a dumpster fire. Joe inherited a ready made 10 win team. Croom did a better job at MSU than JoMo and it?s not even remotely close.
    I agree. Don't forget, Croom beat Alabama and Auburn in the same year with Saban and Tuberville coaching Alabama and Auburn, respectively.

vCash
    What difference does it make. Leach is here now !!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    While neither was good, Moorhead has left the cupboard more full than Croom did. (The 2008 MSU team had 6 future NFL players, We have had 5 drafted each of the last 2 years).

Croom had his problems with discipline as well, but our offense was horrible under Croom. In 2008, we AVERAGED 275 yards of offense a game.

Leach is inherited a RS FR 4* QB and a great RB. Mullen had a Relf and Dixon. Leach has some experience in the WR. Mullen started 5 True FR at WR. The 2 "experienced WR" in 2009 caught passes for 141 yards.

The 2009 Defense was loaded with Mullen recruits.
    Those guys drafted weren't Moorhead's kids. Dixon was as good or better than any RB on our roster now. That 4 star QB will be sitting behind Costello or transferring out. This true freshmen WRs are probably better than what started here last year. Our WR talent was rock bottom. Croom didn't leave an empty roster. Mullen damn sure didn't.
    We've had three horrible HCs since Bellard retired and two good ones.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    I agree. Don't forget, Croom beat Alabama and Auburn in the same year with Saban and Tuberville coaching Alabama and Auburn, respectively.
    We won that Auburn game by 5 points after 5 Auburn turnovers. The offense had 213 total yards and 41 passing yards. That 2007 team sucked and was one of the luckiest college football teams I can ever remember.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    We won that Auburn game by 5 points after 5 Auburn turnovers. The offense had 213 total yards and 41 passing yards. That 2007 team sucked and was one of the luckiest college football teams I can ever remember.
    True on all accounts. We were very lucky and playing with fools gold that year. Croom acted like he was on verge of building to a championship in 08 - Not. Those Aub and Bama teams would get beat by 5 TDs by todays teams. Apples and oranges.

vCash
    [QUOTE=hailstate17;1251773]
    We almost missed the opening kick at La Tech because Croom was reading the paper at the hotel and all the assistants were scared to say anything[/QUOTE

Hahahhaha is this true?
    I assume this is true, as I have heard this story from more than one source...Croom didnt want to play the game in the first place... The plan was for team to fly down to game and back same day... if I am not mistaken the team stayed in Columbus Ms, had the pre-game meal in Columbus, after the meal everyone is ready to go to plane at GTR and Croom is sitting there reading the paper... finally someone says coach, we have to go now...team rushes to GTR plane hauls ass to Shreveport and busses haul ass to Ruston... After getting to Ruston, they hastily get dressed in less than ideal locker room and rush out to field way behind schedule for pregame warmups...get ass handed to them by La Tech buss back to Shreveport and fly back to GTR.... such was the days of LT and Croom.
    Last edited by Leeshouldveflanked; 05-26-2020 at 03:44 PM.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Leeshouldveflanked;1251788]
    Quote Originally Posted by hailstate17 View Post

I assume this is true, as I have heard this story from more than one source...Croom didn?t want to play the game in the first place... The plan was for team to fly down to game and back same day... if I am not mistaken the team stayed in Columbus Ms, had the pre-game meal in Columbus, after the meal everyone is ready to go to plane at GTR and Croom is sitting there reading the paper... finally someone says ?coach, we have to go now?...team rushes to GTR plane hauls ass to Shreveport and busses haul ass to Ruston... After getting to Ruston, they hastily get dressed in less than ideal ?locker room? and rush out to field way behind schedule for pregame warmups...get ass handed to them by La Tech buss back to Shreveport and fly back to GTR.... such was the days of LT and Croom.
    also heard he fell asleep on a QB recruits coach after a big meal.

vCash
    I will put it to you this way: What was the maddest you ever got about a Moorhead loss? Some will say 2018 Kentucky or Florida, some will say 2019 Auburn or Tennessee, some will say the 2019 Louisville game. All rightfully infuriating, yes, but all losses to teams that were at least decent and in most cases quite good.

Now let's take a look at Croom's Greatest Hits:

Maine
    18 point loss to 2-9 Vandy
    14 point loss to 7-5 UAB
    17 point loss to 4-7 Ole Miss
    12 point loss to 6-6 Houston
    Home loss to 4-8 Tulane
    Scored 10 points against 3-9 UAB only to escape with an OT win
    3 point loss to Georgia where we punted from their 30

And that's just the first three years... He had a freaking 9-25 (4-20) record and we gave him two more years. He should've been gone long before he lost in Ruston, long before the 3-2 game, long before Ole Miss had more points than we had yards of total offense in his last Egg Bowl.

Moorhead sucked... but he could coach circles around Croom.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Those guys drafted weren't Moorhead's kids. Dixon was as good or better than any RB on our roster now. That 4 star QB will be sitting behind Costello or transferring out. This true freshmen WRs are probably better than what started here last year. Our WR talent was rock bottom. Croom didn't leave an empty roster. Mullen damn sure didn't.
    We've had three horrible HCs since Bellard retired and two good ones.
    Moorhead recruited better.

And Kylin Hill is a better RB than Dixon.

Mullen Recruited all of those Freshman WR, none of them would have come to room shit coast offense...

Never said Moorhead was a good head coach, but Croom was the worst we have had, probably ever.

Some of y'all need to watch some of those Croom era games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    I will put it to you this way: What was the maddest you ever got about a Moorhead loss? Some will say 2018 Kentucky or Florida, some will say 2019 Auburn or Tennessee, some will say the 2019 Louisville game. All rightfully infuriating, yes, but all losses to teams that were at least decent and in most cases quite good.

Maine
    14 point loss to 7-5 UAB
    Home loss to 4-8 Tulane

And that's just the first three years... He had a freaking 9-25 (4-20) record and we gave him two more years. He should've been gone long before he lost in Ruston, long before the 3-2 game, long before Ole Miss had more points than we had yards of total offense in his last Egg Bowl.

That Tulane game in 06' was the final straw for me. The school was barely removed a year from Katrina, and barely had a football team. The final score was 32-29 but they totally skull drug us the entire game. It was pathetic. I think we were losing something like 32-6 entering the 4th quarter. They probably had 50 total players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    Moorhead recruited better.

And Kylin Hill is a better RB than Dixon.

Mullen Recruited all of those Freshman WR, none of them would have come to room shit coast offense...

Never said Moorhead was a good head coach, but Croom was the worst we have had, probably ever.

Some of y'all need to watch some of those Croom era games.
    You're delirious if you think Hill better than Dixon. We'll see this year but he ain't been so far.

Croom recruited a lot of the guys on the 2010 team.

Not saying Croom is better ... it's really hard to tell. I do think Croom may have won more games with the 2018 team tho ... although he wouldn't have had Shoop as DC which is why we even won 8.

vCash
    Moorhead is the better coach.

Croom did a better job here with what he inherited.

And why do our fans insist on running down the 2007 team? Last time I checked playing good defense and special teams was part of the game. I could make an argument that 1980 was just as lucky with their multiple goal line stands. Or half the 1999 season.

vCash
    We almost missed the opening kick at La Tech because Croom was reading the paper at the hotel and all the assistants were scared to say anything
    I believe it. If he can fall asleep on a recruit's couch anything's possible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Moorhead is the better coach.

Croom did a better job here with what he inherited.

And why do our fans insist on running down the 2007 team? Last time I checked playing good defense and special teams was part of the game. I could make an argument that 1980 was just as lucky with their multiple goal line stands. Or half the 1999 season.

Because winning games because of pick 6?s isn?t a sustainable thing. If I?m not mistaken, croom blamed the 2008 seasons struggles on the defenses inability to score. Croom thought that 2007 season earned him several more years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post

Maine
    14 point loss to 7-5 UAB
    Home loss to 4-8 Tulane

I recant my vote.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    I recant my vote.
    I laughed out loud

vCash
    Which is better dying form C-19 or the Flu?