Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Buy Or Sell: Croom is Better than Moorhead?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    Dixon had a longer than average NFL career.
    Norwood was wasted with a horrible offense.

Dixon looks much better his Sr year due to Mullen knowing how to get him the ball without everyone knowing he was getting the ball.

Time Machine, should have hired Urban from Bowling Green in 2002. Omar, Jerious, and Nick Turner running the spread in 2002-2006, then can take over and we'd be on a 18 year bowl streak....
    LOL at the thought of LT doing something like that. It breaks to much from the "lets copy Bama, but in a cheap way" approach.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    LOL at the thought of LT doing something like that. It breaks to much from the "lets copy Bama, but in a cheap way" approach.
    LT "why pay a nickel when I can just rummage through Bama's garbage for free".

Yeah, amazing it took him 17ing over the university president to get fired....

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fader2103 View Post
    It is not just our fan base. Every single team that plays Alabama wants to beat Alabama. Why? because it's ALABAMA. Just like when we beat Michigan in the Gator Bowl. Our fans loved it. Why because it was Michigan! If we played Notre Dame and we beat them then our fans would be excited Why? because it's Notre Dame. These teams are blue-bloods and when they do get beat it is fun for everyone.
    Our fans don't give a crap what ND or Michigan do. Sure anyone would get excited about beating a big name team, but the MSU doesn't actively try to copy ND. We pretty much tried to copy Bama up to Mullen's hiring. Also, I can't tell you how many times I have heard MSU "fans" say that they also pull for Bama. Columbus and Meridian probably have more Bama fans than State.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    Our fans don't give a crap what ND or Michigan do. Sure anyone would get excited about beating a big name team, but the MSU doesn't actively try to copy ND. We pretty much tried to copy Bama up to Mullen's hiring. Also, I can't tell you how many times I have heard MSU "fans" say that they also pull for Bama. Columbus and Meridian probably have more Bama fans than State.
    Other teams have tried to copy Alabama, not just MSU. It's just displayed more because we follow MSU. I have heard MSU fans pull for UM, Auburn, LSU, etc... Hell, I pull for Notre Dame outside of MSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reunion Dog View Post
    Some of you people are just plain STUPID!

If you think for a damn second that Dumbo Joe was a better Coach than Croom... You don't know crap or anything that inspired during his time.

Yes, the last game he coached was embarrassing... But the week before he beat a ranked Arkansas team.

He didn't have 1/1000 of the financial resources State has now or even preceding his hire like Dumbo Joe did.

Also... Croom beat Bama TWICE!! Once in Tuscaloosa and also beat Saban in Starkville. You read that.. CROOM BEAT BAMA TWICE!!

I don't care if Bama wasn't Bama then... Mullet NEVER BEAT BAMA (and should have at least twice) and Dumbo got his ass handed to him both times, even with the #1 ranked defense in the country.

So Croom did something that neither, Shira, Tyler, Bellard, Feller, Mullen or Dumbo Joe EVER DID!!

We are 3-17 versus Bama in the last 20 years.

Croom has 2 of those Victories...

You people need to find something else to discuss about State that actually means something... Like how Cohen is still the AD after screwing up such bad hires in both Baseball & football & paying Leach $5M.... Which is an absolute JOKE!! Why pay his so much... Only because he offered once and struck out.. then WHIFFED on 2 other coaches and then having to PAY such a stupid price when he had to go back sucking up to Leach! And then to run off the BEST COACH on Campus (Vic Schaefer) who has ACTUALLY PLAYED IN not 1 but 2 National Championships WHILE COACHING @ MISSISSIPPI STATE... and yet Cohen still has a job here?

Give me a break!

Y'all need to start asking the right questions about why all this is happening... Vic didn't want to leave State. He was pushed out...

But anyone that thinks Dumbo Joe did a better job while coach @ State then Croom did... Is just a typical ole State fan that is CLUELESS & will always deny how badly our Athletic Department lacks LEADERSHIP...

Enjoy sucking every stupid thing that Steve R. says. He is NOTHING put Cohen's PR FOS mouthpiece..
    Terrible take.

They were both horrible coaches. Croom would have been just as bad as Joe the last two years running that sh** he called an offense. He would have won 7-8 games in 18 and might have only won 2-3 games last year running "his" offense.