Thread: Will Jarrian Jones have to sit 1 or 2 years?

vCash

Will Jarrian Jones have to sit 1 or 2 years?

Surely we won't release him to go to UM. Especially with tampering charges out there you would think we wouldn't fully release him.

vCash
    I'd think he'd only have to sit 1 year if he's actually allowed to enroll at OM

Doesn't matter, he won't be any good. Kids with that mentality don't pan about 99% of the time.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    What's funny to me is to see people on twitter say, "got to do what's best for your family"

Problem is that people like that don't know jack shit. They don't know how players are evaluated or how they develop.

It's a completely fraudulent slogan that sounds good but is completely empty of knowledge, experience, or authority
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I really don't see how he can use the I offended card with that tweet. Really he is trying to transfer to a school that goes by OLe MIss Rebels.

vCash
    0 or 1 year. He will apply for immediate eligibility and use the tweet much like Fields did at OSU.

If he's denied, he will redshirt and have 3 to play 3.

vCash
    Ole Miss reputation with the NFL is crap... thats why they didnt have any players drafted... If Charmin Jones wanted to do whats best for his family, he would have stayed at MSU and worked hard..

vCash

I'm thinking a lot of these kids . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Ole Miss reputation with the NFL is crap... thats why they didnt have any players drafted... If Charmin Jones wanted to do whats best for his family, he would have stayed at MSU and worked hard..
    watch NFL games and see rookies like AJ Brown (Titans) and Metcalf (Seahawks) tearing it up in their first year. You couldn't watch those teams without hearing Ole Miss mentioned over and over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FoggyBottom View Post
    watch NFL games and see rookies like AJ Brown (Titans) and Metcalf (Seahawks) tearing it up in their first year. You couldn't watch those teams without hearing Ole Miss mentioned over and over.
    Yeah it's not like MSU ever gets mentioned.....Dak, Chris Jones, Fletcher Cox, Darius Slay.....

If a kid is swayed to go to a school by a couple of receivers that were drafted lower than expected then bless his little heart. Life is going to be hard for him.
    Last edited by SteelCurtain74; 05-24-2020 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Typo

vCash
    Rebel alert.

vCash
    Everybody likely is going to be able to be immediately eligible after their first transfer in the next 18 months anyway, so IF that's true, him being immediately eligible is prob best for us bc he is much more likely to help them as a RS sr in 2023 than as a true sophomore in 2020.

vCash
    "got to do what's best for your family"

What does that mean? A college kid can't buy momma a house or pay her bills. He can't even hold a part time job because of the time demands the program puts on them. So I ask how is HE helping his family? Only thing that comes to mind is Jeremy Tunsil.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCurtain74 View Post
    Yeah it's not like MSU ever gets mentioned.....Dak, Chris Jones, Fletcher Cox, Darius Slay.....

If a kid is swayed to go to a school by a couple of receivers that were drafted lower than expected then bless his little heart. Life is going to be hard for him.
    MSU and Yazoo City HS, lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by coastratdog View Post
    "got to do what's best for your family"

What does that mean? A college kid can't buy momma a house or pay her bills. He can't even hold a part time job because of the time demands the program puts on them. So I ask how is HE helping his family? Only thing that comes to mind is Jeremy Tunsil.
    JJ does not come from a poverty stricken home he has been extremely blessed. He wants attention and praise it?s all he?d ever gotten till Leach and staff got here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Everybody likely is going to be able to be immediately eligible after their first transfer in the next 18 months anyway, so IF that's true, him being immediately eligible is prob best for us bc he is much more likely to help them as a RS sr in 2023 than as a true sophomore in 2020.
    Yeah I'd like for him to sit out as a matter of principal, but as I've thought about this more I sorta hope he plays. He stunk last year, and he's not going to be much better next year especially compared to how he might develop as a redshirt senior. He's no doubt a good athlete but didn't cover well and doesn't want to tackle. I kinda want to see Costello light that ass up in November.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    Yeah I'd like for him to sit out as a matter of principal, but as I've thought about this more I sorta hope he plays. He stunk last year, and he's not going to be much better next year especially compared to how he might develop as a redshirt senior. He's no doubt a good athlete but didn't cover well and doesn't want to tackle. I kinda want to see Costello light that ass up in November.
    I am going to be pissed if Lovett and Jones don't have to sit a year but I expect them to get immediately eligible because of the pandemic and because of the tweet since the NCAA is a spineless organization when it comes to anything race related. Lovett has already tied his transfer to the tweet and they aren't going to grant Lovett immediate eligibility and not Jones. And I'm sure that is what OM folks are telling both guys. I do think we should 100% pursue trying to block Jones to OM if we have any hard evidence of tampering. Don't want to see us just rollover and take this.

vCash
    Charmin will claim he was fearful of Leachs Twitter and be eligible....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I am going to be pissed if Lovett and Jones don't have to sit a year but I expect them to get immediately eligible because of the pandemic and because of the tweet since the NCAA is a spineless organization when it comes to anything race related. Lovett has already tied his transfer to the tweet and they aren't going to grant Lovett immediate eligibility and not Jones. And I'm sure that is what OM folks are telling both guys. I do think we should 100% pursue trying to block Jones to OM if we have any hard evidence of tampering. Don't want to see us just rollover and take this.
    Like I said, I agree with all that on principal, especially with regards to Lovett. False racism claims are annoying and counterproductive in stomping out actual racism. Plus Lovett would probably help ole miss this year.

I don't think that tweet is a get out of jail free card for Jarrion because he's pretty much said on Twitter multiple times that he's leaving to follow TBuck (whether true or not). That's not a reason for a waiver.

I prefer neither get eligible immediately and don't think either will, but if Jarrian gets to play this year the silver lining is that he won't be as good in 2020 as he could potentially be in 2023 and he'll get shredded by Costello in November (and probably all year long).

vCash
    Kailo Moore part 2??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Kailo Moore part 2??
    Charmin Jones #2.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    The only time I heard OM mentioned at the Draft this year was to say they were the ONLY SEC school to not have anyone drafted.
    No Signature