Thread: The kind of players that succeed at a high level in football

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    Yeah the fact that you have LT, Deion, Moss, Sharpe and a few others on there makes it not fit - those guys were most definately not leaders and some not really hard workers. Great players but that's about it.

Your point is pretty much right though - to be really successful you have to be ELITE athletically at your position or work harder/smarter than the other guys. Sometimes both.

In CFB you need a couple of strong leaders in your locker room that have the respect of the team. We'll get there I think judging by all the interviews I've heard from this staff. They really, really value the team concept.
    If you think LT wasn't a great player and clubhouse leader you're delirious. Without LT the Giants have no SBs in the 86 and 90. LT set the standard for all of today's OLBs and DEs. He absolutely unequivocally changed the game of football as we knew it then.

And without Deion ... Steve Young never gets a SB.

ETA: I prefer the guys that don't say much and just kick your ass but ... if you can back it up like those two could then I'd still take them on my team.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 05-23-2020 at 11:01 PM.