Are the ones that have an extremely high work ethic and competitiveness to win at all costs. Most of them were also leaders on the field.

I'm not talking about just MSU or the SEC. I'm talking about the NFL.

Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning...

Walter Payton, Emmitt Smith, Barry Sanders, Jim Brown...

Jerry Rice, Michael Irvin, Michael Thomas, Randy Moss, Larry Fitzgerald, Shannon Sharpe...

Anthony Munoz, Bruce Matthews, Quenton Nelson, Joe Thomas, Jonathan Ogden, Jackie Slater, Kent Hull...

Reggie White, JJ Watt, Bruce Smith, Howie Long, Joe Greene, John Randle, Warren Sapp, Fletcher Cox...

Lawrence Taylor, Dick Butkus, Derrick Thomas, Mike Singletary, Junior Seau, Patrick Willis, Brian Urlacher, Ray Lewis...

Deion Sanders, Darrell Green, Ronnie Lott, Rod Woodson, Ed Reed...

Those listed above are the kind of players that these kids should be looking up to and trying to emulate. Where those players have gotten to are where these high school players should be trying to get to. Not just play in the SEC- that's just a step in the path. That shouldn't be the end. I think too many of these Mississippi kids look up to guys like Mike Espy and Shay Hodge that haven't gotten to where they really should want to go and these players need to ask themselves do I want to be Mike Espy or do I want to be Jerry Rice?

There is also not enough humbleness and insight with these players. Some of them want to play this position or that no matter what, they're more concerned with the uniform number that they have, they want to play with a coach that is their friend but may not prepare them as well for the NFL and then they expect it all to work out for them somehow. There's too much ME and not enough TEAM. And it's absolutely disappointing to see someone like Cam Dantzler get on social media and talk about how you play for a coach and not a team- yeah you're welcome for the opportunity to play in the SEC when no one else wanted you besides Mississippi State Cam. That kind of attitude is everything that is wrong with our football team the past few seasons.

And it's not about how many stars players have by their name- and that's part of the problem too some ex-gas station attendant rates these guys and puts a bunch of stars by their name in high school when they haven't done anything yet and some of these guys think they are one of the guys I mentioned above. Now I'm not saying to go out and get a bunch of two stars because my point is you need talent- but you need the WORK ETHIC to go along with it. And that's just what is so uncommon among these players. My hope is that MSU starts to find more of those uncommon players whether they are a three star, a four star, or a five star. We need guys that want to end up in Canton, Ohio- not Canton, Mississippi handing out bags of cash to players trying to get them to go to one school or the other.

Let's go play some ball! Hail State!