Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The TBuck Legacy

vCash

The TBuck Legacy

He recruited two 4 star players during his time at MSU. They both just transferred.

I know that coaches have to build bonds with players, but it also has to be about MSU and your teammates, too.

To me, Danzler's text is evidence that wasn't the type of coach TBuck was.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigdawg View Post
    He recruited two 4 star players during his time at MSU. They both just transferred.

I know that coaches have to build bonds with players, but it also has to be about MSU and your teammates, too.

To me, Danzler's text is evidence that wasn't the type of coach TBuck was.
    JJ was a 4*. Who else? Lovett was a 3. Reese was a 3.

vCash
    How many players he actually recruit in put in the league? I feel like Hughes has had more. Wasn't Hughes coaching Banks when he won Thorpe award? Or was that Townsend?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trojandawg View Post
    How many players he actually recruit in put in the league? I feel like Hughes has had more. Wasn't Hughes coaching Banks when he won Thorpe award? Or was that Townsend?
    Townsend. Outside of 2018 I've always thought Townsend was better CB coach than TBuck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Townsend. Outside of 2018 I've always thought Townsend was better CB coach than TBuck.
    2018 we had Simmons and Sweat getting to the QB and a safety that receivers feared. It made every other position group look better than they really were.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hailstate17 View Post
    2018 we had Simmons and Sweat getting to the QB and a safety that receivers feared. It made every other position group look better than they really were.
    I agree. But corners did play pretty well that year. Especially against Bama. But I do attribute that to Shoop a good bit also. Abrams and Willie with deep front 4 made that D what it was tho.

vCash
    Danzler?s text...please tell me more about this or point me in the right direction.

vCash
    We're paying the price for changing coaches 3 times in 3 years.

The Cannizzaro and Moorhead hires were simply inexcusable by Cohen.

Hard to fathom that Moorhead could sow so much cancer into a program in such a short amount of time.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    We're paying the price for changing coaches 3 times in 3 years.

The Cannizzaro and Moorhead hires were simply inexcusable by Cohen.

Hard to fathom that Moorhead could sow so much cancer into a program in such a short amount of time.
    I agree Gun. Lot of coaching turnover and coaches looking out for themselves too. When you a student and see the coaches doing the bizness side more than any loyalty side ... what do you expect from players. Especially now since babysharks are all-in with $$$ once again. No doubt in my mind that is what swayed JJ.

Really I think we're back to Freeze vs Mullen part II. Kiffin good analogy to Freeze, Leach good one for Mullen. Recruiting fixing to revert back to that era too from 2012 thru about '14 or so.

vCash
    I agree Gun. Lot of coaching turnover and coaches looking out for themselves too. When you a student and see the coaches doing the bizness side more than any loyalty side ... what do you expect from players. Especially now since babysharks are all-in with $$$ once again. No doubt in my mind that is what swayed JJ.

Really I think we're back to Freeze vs Mullen part II. Kiffin good analogy to Freeze, Leach good one for Mullen. Recruiting fixing to revert back to that era too from 2012 thru about '14 or so.
    I don't think this has a ton to do with Kiffin honestly.

I think this a rare combo of Moorhead culture, Ole Miss boosters, coaching change, a diva, and a kid having friends at OM

Kiffin isn't Freeze and won't be emboldened to cheat like this. Freeze and Kiffin's personalities aren't similar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I don't think this has a ton to do with Kiffin honestly.

I think this a rare combo of Moorhead culture, Ole Miss boosters, coaching change, a diva, and a kid having friends at OM

Kiffin isn't Freeze and won't be emboldened to cheat like this. Freeze and Kiffin's personalities aren't similar.
    I'll buy that about Kiffin not being quite the snake Freeze was but ... I do think he'll look the other way while boosters are doing it. And they back at it now.

ETA: Kiffin will do it more like Saban does this time around.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 05-23-2020 at 12:38 PM.

vCash
    I'll buy that about Kiffin not being quite the snake Freeze was but ... I do think he'll look the other way while boosters are doing it. And they back at it now.
    Maybe, but I don't think Kiffin will directly participate and direct like Freeze did.

Plus, Kiffin isn't a hypocrite that's going to try and sell something he's not.

vCash
    I agree. But corners did play pretty well that year. Especially against Bama. But I do attribute that to Shoop a good bit also. Abrams and Willie with deep front 4 made that D what it was tho.
    Bama had better athletes and we held our own. That was coaching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Bama had better athletes and we held our own. That was coaching.
    Um same coaches this year and huge drop off. That was the most talented defense we ever had.

vCash
    JJ was a 4*. Who else? Lovett was a 3. Reese was a 3.
    I believe Reese was a 4 star at one point. TBuck's recruiter rep started when we got him after Florida said they did not have room.

vCash
    Did yall watch the MCB Against UL? That was most wide open I have seen receivers in years...if he was any good Mullen would have taken him to Florida.
    Last edited by Leeshouldveflanked; 05-23-2020 at 02:29 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trojandawg View Post
    Um same coaches this year and huge drop off. That was the most talented defense we ever had.
    Not even close to the most talented. Marginal talent and piss poor attitude all year.

vCash
    Not even close to the most talented. Marginal talent and piss poor attitude all year.
    He's talking about 2018.

vCash
    I'm not sure, but I think yall are talking about different years? 18 was one of the most talented D years. Talent at every level with 3 first round draft picks.

vCash
    Yes, this please.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Ricigliano View Post
    Danzler?s text...please tell me more about this or point me in the right direction.