Thread: IYOK ... Dolla Bill

vCash

IYOK ... Dolla Bill

Question ... I keep seeing Eiland starting ahead of Dolla Bill. Is that a foregone conclusion or still may end up the other way?

Cause I've always thought Dolla Bill was more athletic than Eiland.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    I think Dolla is going to have to take the job from him. Eiland gets the benefit of being the incumbent but pure talent I think Dolla is more talented.

vCash
    I just have seen a lot of folks with cuts at depth charts and Dolla running 2nd string. Eiland gotta get to moving better IMO ... which maybe he can. JoMo did him no favors IMO.

I'm thinking (and hoping) that Dolla steps up to what we believe he can do. I kinda thought he had potential to be a real good LT but it seems Cross may have more talent than him. Which I hope means we'll have 2 real stout bookends on Oline regardless of who starts LT/RT.

vCash
    When Eiland was forced into action as a redshirt freshman in 2017, he held his own. I had high hopes for him based on his showing at a young age. Then the coaching change happened. Marcus Johnson may have been a good recruiter, but he isn’t near the coach that Hevesy was when it comes to developing OL. As a result, Eiland’s play stagnated.

vCash
    I thought so too about Hev vs Johnson. Maybe Miller can whip Eiland into shape. Still think there's more upside with Dolla Bill tho.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    When Eiland was forced into action as a redshirt freshman in 2017, he held his own. I had high hopes for him based on his showing at a young age. Then the coaching change happened. Marcus Johnson may have been a good recruiter, but he isn’t near the coach that Hevesy was when it comes to developing OL. As a result, Eiland’s play stagnated.
    Eiland was forced to play out of position because Hevesy failed at recruiting offensive tackles. Bobb McKittrick, Dante Scarnacchia, Alex Gibbs, etc. some of the best OL coaches of all time can't fix slow feet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    I thought so too about Hev vs Johnson. Maybe Miller can whip Eiland into shape. Still think there's more upside with Dolla Bill tho.
    We're going to have a different philosophy than we did under Mullen and Moorhead. Leach likes tall offensive linemen that are massive. Like Jackie Sherrill sized.