Thread: Talking RB in the air raid

vCash

Talking RB in the air raid

If you don't follow Ron McKie then you should to learn about the Air Raid at the HS level. He has some great coaches come on all the time. Today it was MSU RB coach.

https://youtu.be/Vzm1KQpQmJ4

vCash
    That was really good. Every coach I've watched on CML's staff seem to really be absorbing the Air Raid and what makes it work. Very excited to see how this goes for us!

vCash
    I have no idea how it will translate but all these guys seem really bright and have pretty advanced concepts about the offense itself. That has to be a positive when you're installing it and allowing the position coaches to really know exactly what needs to happen with their position group.

It was mentioned here again how much power the QB has in this offense. It's going to live and die by how well the QB reads defenses and makes decisions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    I have no idea how it will translate but all these guys seem really bright and have pretty advanced concepts about the offense itself. That has to be a positive when you're installing it and allowing the position coaches to really know exactly what needs to happen with their position group.

It was mentioned here again how much power the QB has in this offense. It's going to live and die by how well the QB reads defenses and makes decisions.
    This will take a quick thinking QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    This will take a quick thinking QB.
    When I've heard leach speak, he's said the most important attributes for his qb is to process information and decision making.

The qb also has the final say so as to what is run. Lot of autonomy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    When I've heard leach speak, he's said the most important attributes for his qb is to process information and decision making.

The qb also has the final say so as to what is run. Lot of autonomy.
    This is all something that should marry well with Costello's background. The Stanford offense is very complicated with a lot of checks and options, and I've heard a lot of praise about his ability to manage all that. Plus their OL was pretty much trash so he was always under duress having to make quick decisions with pressure all around him.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Dude, that was a phenomenal video that gives a little insight into how Leach runs the offense. I recommend that video for anyone. Can't wait to see some of our guys run this stuff.
    Downvotes_Hype