Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did ole Miss win this one

vCash

Did ole Miss win this one

Yeah it seems ole Miss likely isn't going to take JJ to avoid getting in trouble. However they caused turbulence in our roster and we're losing a likely starter possible. Not to mention how bad the optics appear.

On the flip side, after all JOMO did to make our team soft, does this unite them when they all get back on campus?

The fact that ole Miss goes unscathed after all this makes me feel like they won this one. It's not like anyone thinks they straightened up after being put on probation.

vCash
    I think ole Miss has just become better cheaters and will continue to be ahead of the SEC and NCAA on their tactics while those organizations play catch-up. Example, hiring on family members to get recruits.

vCash
    The second we upgraded our S&C program- Lovett was getting out of here. Had nothing to do with OM.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    I think ole Miss has just become better cheaters and will continue to be ahead of the SEC and NCAA on their tactics while those organizations play catch-up. Example, hiring on family members to get recruits.
    Reminder that they only have 3 commits.

I don't think Kiffin is the risky recruiting type. Remember Orgeron was on those Tennessee & USC staffs
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    Yeah it seems ole Miss likely isn't going to take JJ to avoid getting in trouble. However they caused turbulence in our roster and we're losing a likely starter possible. Not to mention how bad the optics appear.

On the flip side, after all JOMO did to make our team soft, does this unite them when they all get back on campus?

The fact that ole Miss goes unscathed after all this makes me feel like they won this one. It's not like anyone thinks they straightened up after being put on probation.
    I think they just put another target on their backs. Also this stuff gets around and all they are going to be known for is cheating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    The second we upgraded our S&C program- Lovett was getting out of here. Had nothing to do with OM.
    Yep. Lovett was leaving before the tweet and it had nothing to do with OM.

vCash
    OM looks 17ing desperate to me.

vCash
    When Oklahoma transitioned from John Blake (nobody remembers him) to Bob Stoops... all kinds of elite recruits left and transferred and even radically switched positions.

This led to gamers like Rocky Calmus and Josh Heupel winning starting positions when today, they would not even be recruited by Oklahoma.

vCash
    Was he the one that was rumored to have texted someone about our S&C staff in the athletic department?

vCash
    I don't think they won anything. They showed their hand about how they are going to try to recruit our players and Cohen stood up to them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    OM looks 17ing desperate to me.
    This. They look desperate and they don't have control of their boosters.

Sounds like a great program.

Not only do they lose, but if Jarrian Jones comes back, it should speak volumes as to the changes that have gone on within our program and how Leach is going to operate. And that to me will send a message. I think having someone as brash and brazen as Leach could be a deterrent for folks trying to take advantage of us going forward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Was he the one that was rumored to have texted someone about our S&C staff in the athletic department?
    Yes. Said he had a question about the early morning workouts. The coach said there was no need for any questions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Yes. Said he had a question about the early morning workouts. The coach said there was no need for any questions.
    Not concerned with him playing against us then. He'll be laying down in the 4th qtr of a tough SEC game.

vCash
    Thank you! +1
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Lovett tweeted about leaving in mid-December, so he was already thinking about it. I imagine the hard conditioning pushed him away even more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MedDawg View Post
    Lovett tweeted about leaving in mid-December, so he was already thinking about it. I imagine the hard conditioning pushed him away even more.
    Yes his work ethic and dedication were a little lacking to say the least.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    This. They look desperate and they don't have control of their boosters.

Sounds like a great program.

Not only do they lose, but if Jarrian Jones comes back, it should speak volumes as to the changes that have gone on within our program and how Leach is going to operate. And that to me will send a message. I think having someone as brash and brazen as Leach could be a deterrent for folks trying to take advantage of us going forward.

Any player of color who thinks of going to Ole Miss...who TRULY understands the true meaning of ?Ole Miss?...would never go there. It ab$olutely makes ?0? $en$e for them to even consider it.

vCash
    Getting back to the original question, that remains to be seen. However I think we are all aware now. Their plan is to rebuild quickly through the transfer portal. Also they have a recruiting tool in Madison to identify and make personal connections with the younger talent in that area.

One thing I do know about D1. My kid played "competitive" ball. Her team did off season training at D1. Those sessions aren't cheap. However I'm sure some kids get their fees waiver or paid.

vCash
    Just remember, this isn't the last one...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Just remember, this isn't the last one...
    Who's is the next turd that wants to leave?

If they want to leave then leave. You can't win with a team full of 4 & 5 stars if they aren't committed to each other
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More