Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Odds that Jarrian Jones sticks with MSU?

vCash

Odds that Jarrian Jones sticks with MSU?

Where would you place those odds that Leach and the team are cool with his return? I'd expect there to be some stipulations (Leach Beach?). And will Jarrian be okay with that is a big piece of the puzzle.

I know some have said that Leach might let the team have a vote to decide. But with everyone spread out and having to do Zoom meetings that's not so easy these days. Not sure how the traditional "team meeting/vote" would work.

vCash
    They could e-mail Leach what they want to vote for at the very least.

vCash
    0% chance

vCash
    None. I think that's a burned bridge at this point. I bet he ends up at Oregon.

vCash
    I really hope that it's 0%.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Our staff has been in contact with him and his family. It wouldn't make any sense for them to do that unless they were willing to take him back.

I'd put it at 48% he's back. It's just tough for me to go 50/50 or better because he was obviously unhappy at MSU about something and just coming back doesn't really solve that.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    51%

vCash
    I'll support Coach Leach's decision but he can walk as far as I'm concerned. He's our Benedict Arnold.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennywise View Post
    Where would you place those odds that Leach and the team are cool with his return? I'd expect there to be some stipulations (Leach Beach?). And will Jarrian be okay with that is a big piece of the puzzle.

I know some have said that Leach might let the team have a vote to decide. But with everyone spread out and having to do Zoom meetings that's not so easy these days. Not sure how the traditional "team meeting/vote" would work.
    I don't think there is an option of whether he is "okay" with it.

Dude will have to earn the respect of players and fans back.

I don't see him back though.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    65%

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    65%
    I hope you're right, but in your opinion, how does this solve JJ's issues? Won't things be undeniably harder for JJ this time around than they were before when he was unhappy already?

I really hope he has a life changing moment & comes back, but I'm just curious of the logistics of it? How do we know he won't quit again in a month after he runs the stadium 5 times for this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    They could e-mail Leach what they want to vote for at the very least.
    Yeah, I totally get that. But just email a vote isn't the same as being in a real physical room where folks can discuss it. I'd expect there are multiple factions with some against and some for his return with a group that's undecided. Those discussions can sway the undecided. But without that...it's just a email or text message vote.

Just thinking the email vote isn't ideal. But what is these days?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Our staff has been in contact with him and his family. It wouldn't make any sense for them to do that unless they were willing to take him back.

I'd put it at 48% he's back. It's just tough for me to go 50/50 or better because he was obviously unhappy at MSU about something and just coming back doesn't really solve that.
    THis is a factually correct statement. We have been in touch and I'd say just north of 50/50

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    THis is a factually correct statement. We have been in touch and I'd say just north of 50/50
    Sorry if I've missed it somewhere in the other threads but was there ANY other reason that Jarrian was wanting to transfer aside from his pals that are at OM trying to get him to jump ship? Was he actually unhappy here or not loving the new staff's demanding nature compared to the powder puff team we were prior to their arrival? I can't believe I'm saying this but I somewhat agree with Shotgun. The optics just don't really look that great if he comes back here. Because it looks just from my point of view like the only reason he'd be back is because all of this came out and the backlash that would have ensued if he followed through and went to OM or the fact that OM decided it wasn't a good idea to bring him in because of the potential tampering repercussions. If the coaches welcome him back and his teammates are cool with it, then so be it. But it just looks to me like the only reason he'd be back here is because the tampering stuff got caught and the shit hit the fan on all of that and ruined his plans to transfer to OM with his buddies.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    It is correct, but it doesn't change why JJ was unhappy?

I compare this situation to a marriage for better understanding.

Hubby has a one night stand with another & leaves wifey.

Wifey may let him come back, but that doesn't solve the marriage issues that led to the cheating in the first place. It just delays things until there is another cheating incident.

I really wish I knew what the root of JJ's problem with MSU is because that's what has to be solved for this situation to be solved for the long term. If the root cause isn't solved, then JJ will likely just do this again in a year or 2 years. It's just a matter of time.

And just like a marriage, how do you trust that person? How do you know he's there for you in thick & thin? How do you risk giving him leadership responsibilities when you don't know if he'll walk out the door?

This is what MSU must answer. Of course wifey wants fully committed hubby back, but how does that happen without it just being a band-aid?

vCash
    Just north you say? Almost like.. 51%?

Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    It is correct, but it doesn't change why JJ was unhappy?

I compare this situation to a marriage for better understanding.

Hubby has a one night stand with another & leaves wifey.

Wifey may let him come back, but that doesn't solve the marriage issues that led to the cheating in the first place. It just delays things until there is another cheating incident.

I really wish I knew what the root of JJ's problem with MSU is because that's what has to be solved for this situation to be solved for the long term. If the root cause isn't solved, then JJ will likely just do this again in a year or 2 years. It's just a matter of time.

And just like a marriage, how do you trust that person? How do you know he's there for you in thick & thin? How do you risk giving him leadership responsibilities when you don't know if he'll walk out the door?

This is what MSU must answer. Of course wifey wants fully committed hubby back, but how does that happen without it just being a band-aid?
    I can't answer that. JJ has always liked attention. Maybe this was his way to get it. I don't know. Either way the end result probably isn't going to be what he envisioned. With that said, if he comes back, it will all be forgotten at some point by his teammates, and so should we. IMO.

vCash
    I can't answer that. JJ has always liked attention. Maybe this was his way to get it. I don't know. Either way the end result probably isn't going to be what he envisioned. With that said, if he comes back, it will all be forgotten at some point by his teammates, and so should we. IMO.
    I agree with this. If he comes back there will be a few fences to mend with teammates but it can be done. I believe it's a 50/50 he comes back.

vCash
    Well JJ certainly is not going to Mississippi. For the IB to call Keith Carter at 7:30 am and for Carter and Boyce to get contrite real quick, Cohen must of had some startling revelations. I am betting Demonte Russell who also was at that party spoke to one of our staff and gave them stuff that UM doesn't want to get out, on probation and all. JJ may go somewhere else but not TSUN.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Bout 76%