Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buy Or Sell: Jarrian Jones Will Be Allowed to Sign With Ole Miss?

vCash
    Sell. If our staff wants him back, he'll be back

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I highly doubt he was prepared for the public shit storm the team was going to give him. They've come out and really gotten after him. As they should.

He might learn something from this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I highly doubt he was prepared for the public shit storm the team was going to give him. They've come out and really gotten after him. As they should.

Yeah some of them came out with the "I'll support you regardless" BS and that may fly when you transfer somewhere, but it doesn't when you try to go to your rival. I'm glad his teammates have been vocal about it, and I hope he isn't just allowed to come back like nothing happened. He should have to earn their trust back.

vCash
    I can't imagine how awkward that will be when he comes back. He is going to get decleated during drills. Then he better not be anywhere near the rear during conditioning.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    He won’t be at Ole Miss.

vCash

he's got a real opportunity to humble himself here, have some self awareness, & grow into an NFL player.

I think for most people, you can look back at your life, &, while you don't realize in the moment, there are really about 2-3 moments in life that really shape your future.

I believe this could be one of those moment for JJ. Make the right decision & you develop into an NFL player, but make the wrong decision & you'll never sniff it.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    If that were the case he wouldn't be a sitting head coach at a power 5 school.
    Folks weren't lining up for him. It's ole 17ing miss! LOL
    His daddy has had to pull strings for him already too.

vCash
    If I'm in Leach's shoes I let the team vote on it.

And then IF the team allows him back I tell him: You're either going to start at safety or be back-up at corner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    If I'm in Leach's shoes I let the team vote on it.

And then IF the team allows him back I tell him: You're either going to start at safety or be back-up at corner.
    I'd also tell him that if he wants to sniff the field, he'll put in extra work and give 110% to earn my respect back.

vCash
    I'd also tell him that if he wants to sniff the field, he'll put in extra work and give 110% to earn my respect back.
    Absolutely. That's a non-negotiable.

vCash
    So Yancy is saying we tried to text l recruit their players after the eggbowl. Whoever did it if true must have done a terrible job. However I believe nothing Yancy says.

vCash
    I imagine it's like this.

Some high school kids on Twitter made fun of their players for going to ole Miss and said they should transfer here
    Then
    Ole Miss players and boosters actively goes after some of our players because they "hear we're doing the same" from Yancy
    Ole Miss gets caught and Yancy is trying not to look stupid and caught for being the terrible person he is and tries to scare everyone to back down.
    Bucky turns ourself in for whatever little and unproven thing he can.
    We get in trouble and lose players and ole Miss gets away Scot free, laughs, think we did wrong and they didn't.
    The end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    So Yancy is saying we tried to text l recruit their players after the eggbowl. Whoever did it if true must have done a terrible job. However I believe nothing Yancy says.
    I'm about 90% sure that he's just making that up so scare us.

However, even if it's true, it's only a violation if the player signs with the school that was tampering & since no Ole Miss players jumped to MSU, then this is a nothing burger. The JJ situation with Ole Miss will also be a nothing burger if he doesn't go to Ole Miss
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Sell. I think he comes back
    You think that is why he comes back? Someone told him "The optics don't look right in how you handled this so it's best you just stay."
    No Signature

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    A.) Half our staff from then is now coaching for them
    B.) Tampering only precludes a player from coming to your school and is a secondary violation. No one gives a shit about that even if it is true. The thing we have on them currently is the attempt from boosters to buy our players on our roster. They ain’t got that I guarantee you. All this will go away as soon as Jones decides not to go to Ole Miss, which is going to happen. He has no chance to go there where the wants to or not.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Yancy is talking about a tweet Errol sent to Sam Williams after Luke was fired. He told him he should come to MSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Yancy is talking about a tweet Errol sent to Sam Williams after Luke was fired. He told him he should come to MSU.
    That is about the only player on OM defense I'd love to have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I'm about 90% sure that he's just making that up so scare us.

However, even if it's true, it's only a violation if the player signs with the school that was tampering & since no Ole Miss players jumped to MSU, then this is a nothing burger. The JJ situation with Ole Miss will also be a nothing burger if he doesn't go to Ole Miss
    Does anyone think that if Yancy or OM had incriminating evidence against MSU right now that could drive a dagger to the hilt into our hearts like Yancy claims that they'd just sit on it?

vCash
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennywise View Post
    Does anyone think that if Yancy or OM had incriminating evidence against MSU right now that could drive a dagger to the hilt into our hearts like Yancy claims that they'd just sit on it?
    I say yes because they want some ammunition for when they get caught again so we'll back off.
    That being said, I don't think they have anything with this like Yancy is implying. All he has is probably the tweet above yet acting like we're just as guilty as they are even though the two scenarios don't come close to comparing. Tweet vs actions.