Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Leach Radio Interview Today

vCash

New Leach Radio Interview Today

If you want to know what Leach is up to & how worried he seems about the Jones deal. LOL

This is done by Emily Jones. She's the Texas Rangers on field TV girl. She went to Texas Tech is a friend of Leach. Interview starts at the 10:15 mark

http://vokalnow.com/video/3164

CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I got to 33 minutes into it.
    1- I'd like to meet Leach's wife. Seems like she's tough and a character as well
    2 - adapt don't complain about troubled situations (seems like Leach might not bow down to this transfer situation if he lives up to these words)
    3- he and his players might give up social media ("like they have in the past"?) Probably why JJ is transferring out***
    4- people like to make something out of nothing (a hit at Lovett?)

vCash
    I hope his assistants can really coach because listening to him he's a pure hands off administrator.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    I hope his assistants can really coach because listening to him he's a pure hands off administrator.
    Given his track record if that's what works for him I'm good with that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    1- I'd like to meet Leach's wife. Seems like she's tough and a character as well
    2 - adapt don't complain about troubled situations (seems like Leach might not bow down to this transfer situation if he lives up to these words)
    3- he and his players might give up social media ("like they have in the past"?) Probably why JJ is transferring out***
    2- Adapting is something that Dan had a hard time with when it came to recruiting and fighting Ole Miss.

3- MSU as a University needs to do a much better job with this across all sports.

4- Could also be a hit at Jones too.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    I wish, he would discuss MSU every once in a while.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    I wish, he would discuss MSU every once in a while.
    He doesn't know MSU yet. What would he talk about?
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    He doesn't know MSU yet. What would he talk about?
    How clean the landscape is

vCash
    Well, our fans used to constantly bitch about Mullen being too controlling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Lol...true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    lol aint it the truth!

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Hell, I don't know what he could talk about in regards to MSU. But hype us up a little.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    I definitely thought the majority of the interview was #4. Hahahahaha.

vCash
    He's definitely a hands off administrator except in regards to literally being the hands on QB coach and offensive coordinator. Pretty much all great leaders surround themselves with people(coaches) that they believe in, set the culture/vision, let the people they brought in do their jobs, and hold them accountable for succeeding or failing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    He's definitely a hands off administrator except in regards to literally being the hands on QB coach and offensive coordinator. Pretty much all great leaders surround themselves with people(coaches) that they believe in, set the culture/vision, let the people they brought in do their jobs, and hold them accountable for succeeding or failing.
    Only thing with this is we all have one of the lowest paid staff and have a problem with other teams poaching our assistants

vCash
    Only thing with this is we all have one of the lowest paid staff and have a problem with other teams poaching our assistants
    Having the lowest paid staff is only a problem if you're in that situation because you can't pay more or are stuck with people you don't want.

All these guys followed Leach here except for 3. I know Mullen lost some of his staff over the years, but Leach has a history of keeping guys he wants to keep or finding good replacements if they leave.

vCash
    Having the lowest paid staff is only a problem if you're in that situation because you can't pay more or are stuck with people you don't want.

All these guys followed Leach here except for 3. I know Mullen lost some of his staff over the years, but Leach has a history of keeping guys he wants to keep or finding good replacements if they leave.
    Well I hope we show out and pay up to keep them. Like someone said, recruiting becomes a lot harder when you have staff turn over

vCash
    That's true.

vCash
    Great post!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    2- Adapting is something that Dan had a hard time with when it came to recruiting and fighting Ole Miss.
    Seems every HC we get has to learn how to deal with the OM recruiting shenanigans. Apparently they are pretty unique to what most coaches have dealt with in the past. Moorhead was lucky that he came in at a time when OM had to tone things down a good bit. Pretty obvious they are back up to full speed again at this point and are desperate given their lack of any success over the past several years.