Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
You're right.

And also I think having a new staff hurts us in the short term too. It's like Rosebowl is saying- it's a war with Ole Miss every single day because they're always up to something. I don't think new coaches for us really understand totally until they get here and something like this happens and they see it for themselves. They're always like "Well, that Fordham/Holy Cross rivalry was pretty intense." NO. They just have no idea. I spent a short amount of time in Washington state in Seattle and while Washington/Wazzu is a rivalry and pretty intense, it's nothing like MSU/Ole Miss. I have no idea who Texas Tech's main rival is. New Mexico?**

So what sucks for us is a lot of times we'll have a bad coach like Moorhead or even an assistant like Hud will leave like he did after 2010 and while we have to change coaches to improve or assistants move on it often times hurts us in recruiting just because the new guy has to adjust for the Egg Bowl rivalry. And don't get me wrong- I'm not saying we should keep bad coaches to maintain recruiting. I actually believe the opposite. But it does hurt us some in the short term.
Good Post.