Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Notes from Rosebowl's Boneyard

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    If Jones wanted to return...

Would you take him &, if your Leach, how do you handle that?

For me, he'd have to speak in front of the team at a meeting & plead his case to come back.

Then, I'd tell him to leave & the next day let the team vote on whether or not to take him back.

You simply can't just let him back on the team without some formal apology to his teammates & repercussions. Deserting your teammates is wrong & there must be consequences.

Frankly, from everything I've read about Leach, I don't think Leach would take him back. Just doesn't seem like his personality
    Yes. He's the same dude he was when we signed him. He's a good player. And we would take him back

vCash
    I'm just not sure Leach works that way.

I could see Leach trying to make an example of someone & telling him to pound sand.

He knows he has to get the culture right & making an example of a good player, may be right up his ally.
    The only culture he has is what took place in off season and JJ was good w that.... no spring and no season and half a missed semester. Leach has one thing to go by, JJ passed that part...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Yes. He's the same dude he was when we signed him. He's a good player. And we would take him back
    Question is, will we get him back? Steve says it's possible, what say you?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Ha. He'll either be here or in Oxford this fall. If you want odds on it.....35-65??? But I wouldn't put money on it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    That's why Steve was so political. I would imagine the coaches are trying to keep him.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Ha. He'll either be here or in Oxford this fall. If you want odds on it.....35-65??? But I wouldn't put money on it.
    Oxford ain’t an option for him any more whether he wants it to be or not.
    Last edited by Jarius; 05-20-2020 at 10:29 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Oxford ain?t an option for him any more whether he wants it to be or not.
    I think this likely ends up being true.

With the Ole Miss booster throwing a party, that's easily provable tampering & Ole Miss' AD knows it.

My guess is that he won't be able to transfer to Ole Miss.

Whether he comes back here or not, I have no idea.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Isn?t it funny the tone of a few of y?all change with the possibility of a resolution. Some need to shut up. The overreacting is ridiculous. But yet we blame boosters when we have a few flooding social media actually making things worse.
    If he wants to be here I?m good if not good luck young man ,but too see a few react the last few days is quite embarrassing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgcap View Post
    Isn?t it funny the tone of a few of y?all change with the possibility of a resolution. Some need to shut up. The overreacting is ridiculous. But yet we blame boosters when we have a few flooding social media actually making things worse.
    If he wants to be here I?m good if not good luck young man ,but too see a few react the last few days is quite embarrassing.
    Goodness. Maybe you should shut up. We're just fans that care.

We don't get on social media & contact the kid directly. We just talk MSU football because we care

vCash
    If he decides to come back, I’m sure we would take him, but my guess is that Leach Beach is in his future. You are dealing with coaches that didn’t recruit you and who aren’t going to coddle you like Moorhead. I have a feeling Leach doesn’t have much patience for being jerked around.

vCash
    I think this likely ends up being true.

With the Ole Miss booster throwing a party, that's easily provable tampering & Ole Miss' AD knows it.

My guess is that he won't be able to transfer to Ole Miss.

Whether he comes back here or not, I have no idea.
    My guess is he has to sit out a year if he transfers to Ole Miss.

vCash
    The only culture he has is what took place in off season and JJ was good w that.... no spring and no season and half a missed semester. Leach has one thing to go by, JJ passed that part...
    You're right.

And also I think having a new staff hurts us in the short term too. It's like Rosebowl is saying- it's a war with Ole Miss every single day because they're always up to something. I don't think new coaches for us really understand totally until they get here and something like this happens and they see it for themselves. They're always like "Well, that Fordham/Holy Cross rivalry was pretty intense." NO. They just have no idea. I spent a short amount of time in Washington state in Seattle and while Washington/Wazzu is a rivalry and pretty intense, it's nothing like MSU/Ole Miss. I have no idea who Texas Tech's main rival is. New Mexico?**

So what sucks for us is a lot of times we'll have a bad coach like Moorhead or even an assistant like Hud will leave like he did after 2010 and while we have to change coaches to improve or assistants move on it often times hurts us in recruiting just because the new guy has to adjust for the Egg Bowl rivalry. And don't get me wrong- I'm not saying we should keep bad coaches to maintain recruiting. I actually believe the opposite. But it does hurt us some in the short term.

vCash
    Having thought about it a little bit and based on what the situation appears to be if I were in his shoes... (I know) And I was in this situation honestly I'd most likely try to come back to MSU. Just because it sounds like MSU is going to fight this and I don't know what the outcome would be- I would guess that the NCAA would probably make him sit out a year most likely. If there were wrongdoings and they are proven that could also result in more loss of eligibility as well.

So basically in my mind more than anything it would come down to- sit out a year or play right now. Most players want to play. Also in my mind if someone was paying me under the table and I knew it and I knew that MSU was going to investigate it- that would definitely concern me as far as my eligibility as well.

I figure there's a good chance that transferring somewhere else is probably going to result in sitting out a year too most likely. I know that with COVID that they may grant more transfers but it seems risky to me especially if I was transferring 2000 miles further from my home to Oregon.

Of course there is no way in HELL that if I was a MSU football player that I would ever transfer to Ole Miss.
    Last edited by Todd4State; 05-21-2020 at 02:27 AM.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgcap View Post
    He entered the portal to try to go to Ole Miss. Jarrian Jones was the embarrassment here and the fans reacted accordingly. Blaming the fans is asinine. Our starting free safety entered the transfer portal to go to ole miss. Not a 16 year old recruit. A sophomore starter that helped us win the egg bowl 6 months ago wants to transfer to Ole Miss. if you don’t have an issue with that then fine. Most people think that is horse shit.
    Last edited by Jarius; 05-21-2020 at 05:56 AM.

vCash
    Lane Kiffin will not take Jones, he wants no part of NCAA or SEC trouble in his first year. There is too much out in the open with Jones in Oxford wearing Ole Miss crap before he's in the portal. Hell, Mississippi is still on probation till Nov./Dec., nah Kiffin wants no part of this.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Ole Jarrian jumped on insta live chatting with Jamal Peters. I honestly couldn't understand most of what was said, but Oregon and Joe were mentioned. It was brief but there was lots of laughing and what not. Then they shut it off and were going to FaceTime.

He entered the portal to try to go to Ole Miss. Jarrian Jones was the embarrassment here and the fans reacted accordingly. Blaming the fans is asinine. Our starting free safety entered the transfer portal to go to ole miss. Not a 16 year old recruit. A sophomore starter that helped us win the egg bowl 6 months ago wants to transfer to Ole Miss. if you don’t have an issue with that then fine. Most people think that is horse shit.

vCash
    [tweet2]1263479236360392704[/tweet2]

vCash
    Every coach has a burner....
    Even coach 34?

vCash
    I do wonder what the players think of him in all honesty. They know who can play and who can't and who is worth the headache and who isn't.

Seem several talk about how he and Ealy are best friends - well why didn't they go somewhere together at signing day? They had a lot of the same options and Ealy would have been a great fit at the time of his signing as Joe was still selling Barkley's success.

Whatever - we'll see how it plays out.

vCash
    Oxford ain?t an option for him any more whether he wants it to be or not.
    Obviously, we are getting different info. Maybe you are right, I've been wrong before, but not what I'm hearing. I'll stick w he'll either be back or in Oxford.