Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rosebowl on Bo Bounds

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Nah. I'm not going to let it go.

There's a bigger picture here that is far more important than JJ. It' about protecting the program.

As a program, we simply have to take all measures to protect ourselves from this happening & the only way to do that is to fight it.

We'll replace JJ's production & ability very quickly. It's not really about it. It's about making sure that it's known that MSU player's aren't up to be recruited
    All current players are up to be recruited. You think lashley to MSU wasn't a done deal well before he entered the transfer portal? Brandon walker said it a month before. You think Costello wasn't in contact with leach and company before he entered the transfer portal? He had hs teammates at WSU who made the connection.
    This stuff is going to happen more and more with the current rules. Especially when a staff changes. And we will be part of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    All current players are up to be recruited. You think lashley to MSU wasn't a done deal well before he entered the transfer portal? Brandon walker said it a month before. You think Costello wasn't in contact with leach and company before he entered the transfer portal? He had hs teammates at WSU who made the connection.
    This stuff is going to happen more and more with the current rules. Especially when a staff changes. And we will be part of it.
    Big big difference between starters & guys that are transferring for more playing time. Enormous difference between grad transfers & those that have 3 years of eligibility left.

Anyone that can't see that either aren't thinking this through or are terribly biased
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Big big difference between starters & guys that are transferring for more playing time. Enormous difference between grad transfers & those that have 3 years of eligibility left.

Anyone that can't see that either aren't thinking this through or are terribly biased

At the end of the day, IT DOESNT MATTER. If he doesn't want to be here, 17 em. We'll kick his ass in November. Hell, I hope he goes to OM. We'll know exactly who to go after and run at. The guy can't cover and is scared to tackle.

vCash

Whenever there is a complete coaching change - especially when basically no assistant coaches were kept, you are going to lose kids that committed to the prior staff.

I didn't want to lose either player, but the only reason this is bothering me is because the bears may benefit. I don't think either loss will end up costing us because if they don't want to work hard, they wont be successful..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Whenever there is a complete coaching change - especially when basically no assistant coaches were kept, you are going to lose kids that committed to the prior staff.

I didn't want to lose either player, but the only reason this is bothering me is because the bears may benefit. I don't think either loss will end up costing us because if they don't want to work hard, they wont be successful..
    I agree with the gist of your poster, but...

why hasn't Ole Miss lost any transfers?

Why does this just seem to be effecting us so much worse than anyone else?

vCash

The problem here is that you're lumping all three situations (our "starter" transfers) into one, when they are all unique in their own right. Reese is a grad transfer going to Florida to play with his brother and old coach, and perhaps compete for a natty. Lovett was going to transfer whether we fired Jomo or not. Something screwy happened with JJ, but he wasn't an SEC-level CB, and his old coach, who enabled a lot of his diva behavior, is at Ole Miss.

Ole Miss will lose some players at some point. Keep in mind that their overall talent level is lacking so they don't have many players that would go elsewhere and compete, nor do they have much of a situation where players will be able to leave and be immediately eligible.

I think you're barking at the moon over this. I hate seeing JJ go, but it's not that big of a deal. And it's a bad look for Ole Miss, no matter what ends up happening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    IT DOESNT MATTER.
    It does matter because you can't allow another school to actively recruit players off your roster

vCash

There is zero difference using your criteria (current players being recruited by other schools). Lashley, Costello, Jones, and Lovett were all being recruited while at other schools. Who cares how many years they have left. Give me the proven commodity.

You're telling me you'd rather have jarrian Jones or Lovett transferring in than Costello? That's not true and you know it. Give me the qb who is projected the number 14 pick in the draft over jones or Lovett all day every day even if I get only a year out of him.

vCash
    It does matter because you can't allow another school to actively recruit players off your roster
    Then bama should turn us in. And Stanford should turn leach and company in. Or is it okay if they are grad transfers being recruited off your roster?

vCash

Where are most of their kids going to go?

They don't have talent except for a few kids. If they enter the transfer portal they may end up at Belhaven or Millsaps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    The problem here is that you're lumping all three situations (our "starter" transfers) into one, when they are all unique in their own right. Reese is a grad transfer going to Florida to play with his brother and old coach, and perhaps compete for a natty. Lovett was going to transfer whether we fired Jomo or not. Something screwy happened with JJ, but he wasn't an SEC-level CB, and his old coach, who enabled a lot of his diva behavior, is at Ole Miss.

Ole Miss will lose some players at some point. Keep in mind that their overall talent level is lacking so they don't have many players that would go elsewhere and compete, nor do they have much of a situation where players will be able to leave and be immediately eligible.

I think you're barking at the moon over this. I hate seeing JJ go, but it's not that big of a deal. And it's a bad look for Ole Miss, no matter what ends up happening.
    Seems like only one of our former players will be immediately eligible and I believe ole Miss has more talent then y'all give them credit for. They just had bad coaching.
    So I'm with some of the other guys in I don't see how no one has poached them. My guess is because if a school does, ole Miss will just go after that school's roster like they've been going after our guys and you can't tell on them because they tell on you (like they tried doing the last time they got caught).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    Seems like only one of our former players will be immediately eligible and I believe ole Miss has more talent then y'all give them credit for. They just had bad coaching.
    So I'm with some of the other guys in I don't see how no one has poached them. My guess is because if a school does, ole Miss will just go after that school's roster like they've been going after our guys and you can't tell on them because they tell on you (like they tried doing the last time they got caught).
    Well...they had a coaching change also. Why aren't we going after some of their WR's? It should be a VERY easy sell with Leach here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Well...they had a coaching change also. Why aren't we going after some of their WR's? It should be a VERY easy sell with Leach here.
    Bc we didn't hire their wr coach, peeler

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    I?m not sure they have any WRs worth a piss, except the one that pissed on his team and himself a few months ago and I?ll pass on him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I?m not sure they have any WRs worth a piss, except the one that pissed on his team and himself a few months ago and I?ll pass on him.
    F? that! I?d trade Lovett and Jones for Dannis Jackson and Mingo!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    For the record, Rosebowl implied in chat that he's a good kid, heard nothing of him being a team cancer or anything like that. I think the part about someone telling him he was going to lose his spot is believable and Ole Miss people took advantage of that. Steve thinks it's definitely a loss and it will hurt us.
    Both Lovett and JJ will hurt. Actually MUCH more than Reese because both guys have 3 years to play. They were supposed to be a big part of the future of MSU football.

vCash
    Where was your "outrage" when this happened to Bammer?
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Where was your "outrage" when this happened to Bammer?
    I only have 1 emotion for Bama and it ain't outrage and you probably wouldn't like it.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!