Thread: D1 Performance in Madison

vCash

D1 Performance in Madison

We've all seen the espy and hodge pics with jarrian and others at D1 in Madison. And yes I know Will Rogers worked out there too. A little background:

D1 is a national gym with locations all over. Its founder and CEO is a former TN football player, Will Bartholomew. The Madison franchise appears to be owned by St Dominic (early records state there were co owners also). According to court records, Chris snopek alleges he and st dom were going to open a facility, and he introduced St D to D1 to bring D1 in and then, according to allegations by snopek, st d and D1 cut snopek out of the deal and opened a facility just the two of them. That facility is D1 in Madison. Snopek sued St D and D1. I'm not sure how the suit was resolved, or if it is still going.

D1 Madison's general manager is espy who played at OM. He is also the strength and speed coach. Shay hodge, who played at OM, is a performance coach there. Chamar Mcdonald, another ole miss grad, is the baseball skills coach there. Maybe it is a coincidence jarrian is posting photos with espy and working out there and is now transferring to OM, all while hodge is tweeting at him about his decision to transfer. Maybe not. Just some food for thought.

For contrast, the Madison Healthplex is owned by Baptist and MS sports medicine. Its performance instructors are a state grad, a former belhaven coach, and two Miss college grads according to its website. I have heard boobie was working out and training there some.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    We've all seen the espy and hodge pics with jarrian and others at D1 in Madison. And yes I know Will Rogers worked out there too. A little background:

D1 is a national gym with locations all over. Its founder and CEO is a former TN football player, Will Bartholomew. The Madison franchise appears to be owned by St Dominic (early records state there were co owners also). According to court records, Chris snopek alleges he and st dom were going to open a facility, and he introduced St D to D1 to bring D1 in and then, according to allegations by snopek, st d and D1 cut snopek out of the deal and opened a facility just the two of them. That facility is D1 in Madison. Snopek sued St D and D1. I'm not sure how the suit was resolved, or if it is still going.

D1 Madison's general manager is espy who played at OM. He is also the strength and speed coach. Shay hodge, who played at OM, is a performance coach there. Chamar Mcdonald, another ole miss grad, is the baseball skills coach there. Maybe it is a coincidence jarrian is posting photos with espy and working out there and is now transferring to OM, all while hodge is tweeting at him about his decision to transfer. Maybe not. Just some food for thought.

For contrast, the Madison Healthplex is owned by Baptist and MS sports medicine. Its performance instructors are a state grad, a former belhaven coach, and two Miss college grads according to its website. I have heard boobie was working out and training there some.
    Funny thing about Espy being strength coach. I remember when he got cut from the NFL he worked out at the Court House where i worked out. I watched him work out and no way in hell I would let him train my kid.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post

Espy dad has some ownership in D1. Don?t forget a few years ago Alabama had some issues with a former player that now is a trainer in Tuscaloosa providing services for players. Its a secondary violation but a violation none the less.

vCash
    They aren't just in Madison and they run a lot of club teams too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    They aren't just in Madison and they run a lot of club teams too.
    7 vs 7 teams?

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Antonio Johnson (State) and Michael Oher are the co-owners last I heard
    No Signature