Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Transfer Portal is Out of Control....

vCash

The Transfer Portal is Out of Control....

Tampering, recruiting players on other teams, etc.

This is completely ridiculous

What's going on with college football, kids sitting at home, & the portal is absolutely ridiculous.

We're only a few years away from college football being AAU driven.

Ole Miss is currently buying players off our roster.

And here is another thing: Mississippi State football has a culture problem right now & a bunch of shitty teammates. Teammates don't do what is currently going on. The seeds that JoMo & his staff sowed into this program may take years to overcome. An incredible level of entitlement, lack of loyalty, laziness, & lack of team cohesion. Sadly, we are still learning what an awful job he did.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 05-19-2020 at 06:07 PM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    My buddy just texted me about this. I hadn’t seen anything about it but I sure know what’s up now. This is ridiculous. He’s about to be the 3rd starter that enters the portal to wind up at another SEC school. 2 of them to our in-state rival. If this kid is like that, then maybe those 2 do need to end up in Oxford because maybe our culture problem with Joe here was a helluva lot worse than anyone realized. They’re both kids he signed and they came up under Joe. If they’re gonna quit on the university and their teammates like that, then you don’t want that on your team in the first place. I don’t want this kid’s talent to go because he’d be a starter obviously but I’ll let the kid’s ego & mindset walk all day long. If this is swirling around in his mind, then he needs to get on and go join that toxic culture in Oxfart.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    My buddy just texted me about this. I hadn’t seen anything about it but I sure know what’s up now. This is ridiculous. He’s about to be the 3rd starter that enters the portal to wind up at another SEC school. 2 of them to our in-state rival. If this kid is like that, then maybe those 2 do need to end up in Oxford because maybe our culture problem with Joe here was a helluva lot worse than anyone realized. They’re both kids he signed and they came up under Joe. If they’re gonna quit on the university and their teammates like that, then you don’t want that on your team in the first place. I don’t want this kid’s talent to go because he’d be a starter obviously but I’ll let the kid’s ego & mindset walk all day long. If this is swirling around in his mind, then he needs to get on and go join that toxic culture in Oxfart.
    You don't want that on your team, but I'm just curious WTF is going on right now?

One guy; ok. Two guys you start to get concerned, but when we're talking about 3 starters transferring & 2 of them to your rival, something's wrong & not on the up & up.

Regardless, what a bunch of absolutely crappy teammates. I mean, I just can't imagine how shitty of a teammate you have to be go down this road when you're a starter.

All about me, me, me, me. Loud ass mouths that go behind their teammates backs.

At very least, we can deduce that regardless of what a big game these guys talk, their leadership skills aren't worth an absolute crap.

Completely pathetic. If someone finds out that D1 has a hand in this, then their ass needs to be put out of business immediately

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Jarrian Jones going to ole miss is going to be CJ Johnson 2.0, but worse. I can’t believe these idiots on our football team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Jarrian Jones going to ole miss is going to be CJ Johnson 2.0, but worse. I can’t believe these idiots on our football team.
    It's sad & shows that Joe did nothing to build a bond on the team. Hard to do when you don't work hard.

Surely, Jarrian will come to his senses he & grow the 17 up. What kind of terrible teammate do you have to be to do this?

Who are the leaders on this team? You begin to wonder who the hell is leading.

The more crappy I see that our culture is, the less wins I begin to see us getting.

Heck, Eiland has talked about transferring as well. The lack of leadership & men on our team is striking.

The culture of this program took an absolute nose dive the minute Joe was announced as the head coach
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 05-19-2020 at 06:18 PM.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    You can’t lead from the house. That’s the problem. They all have a bunch of time on their hands and aren’t being held accountable for multiple months at a time. This is where OM has and always will thrive.

vCash
    You can’t lead from the house. That’s the problem. They all have a bunch of time on their hands and aren’t being held accountable for multiple months at a time. This is where OM has and always will thrive.
    College football should've set a transfer portal freeze until kids were back on campus.

This is literally the most unfair situation I've seen in my years of college football. We've got other SEC teams recruiting starters off our roster.

That's a massive massive problem that the commissioner needs to address.

vCash
    To add, these are the types people that leave their marriages for no good reason, walk out on kids, & change jobs every few years.

The grass is always greener because they can't handle adversity. They aren't committed to anything & thus become sluts to the world.

You can likely look back at most decommits from any school & find disturbing trends throughout the rest of their life.

It's complete immaturity & the inability to grow up.

vCash
    Shotgun needs a beer and a woman. He's going to have a stroke.

Jarrian is super tight with T buck, so not really a surprise. Hope things settle and he stays.

vCash
    This the one I said people would lose their minds over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post

Jarrian is super tight with T buck, so not really a surprise. Hope things settle and he stays.
    So "you understand"?

This is wrong

vCash
    Look I don't like any of this either, but it seems like this kind of transfer thing always goes against us. When are we as a program going to try to compete? Quit taking it and do something to get better.

vCash
    So, OM bout to take our 2nd projected starter on defense, and many thought the defense was suspect to start with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    This the one I said people would lose their minds over.
    Yup. I will.

This has gone too far. It's wrong. Simple as that.

Ole Miss is recruiting players off our roster. My guess is that they recruit Lovett as well & you'll see that in the end

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post

It’s not a surprise that a returning starter on our football team is going to transfer to Ole Miss? Two starters, actually. On what planet?

vCash
    Wasn't this guy ALL DOG during his recruitment? Even helping recruit for us? WTF happened here?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Wasn't this guy ALL DOG during his recruitment? Even helping recruit for us? WTF happened here?
    Oh yeah. Was vocal & loud. Obviously, most people like that are complete frauds.

Looks like Mingo & Ealy have just been recruiting him.

Again, a complete lack of character

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    No idea, but this staff didn't recruit him

vCash
    These kids have too much time on their hands

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    So, OM bout to take our 2nd projected starter on defense, and many thought the defense was suspect to start with.
    That's depressing...