Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: The Transfer Portal is Out of Control....

vCash
    Reese is a nuisance but its really Lovett and Jones that are big hits to our program and rejuventation for OM because Lovett and Jones are guys we recruited and signed and are on our roster to be the future of our program. We don't have the quality of depth to lose young starters like this and not feel the pain. Besides Reese only having one year of eligibility anyway he wasn't even a full time starter for us last year. This is so OM though as this COVID-19 situation is just like a dead period which also tends to be when OM does their best recruiting. Most everything they do is always some kind of sordid under the table deal to tamper with or lure somebody because they really have no regard for any NCAA rules. During normal school sessions guys are being monitored but not right now. It doesn't help our cause though that while Leach brought his entire staff in tact from WSU that have no relationships in MS, Kiffin turned around and hired multiple coaches that had already been coaching in this State including 2 of our former coaches. Really puts us at a huge disadvantage in this environment when these new coaches that our players know nothing about aren't even allowed to be around them.
    Last edited by maroonmania; 05-19-2020 at 11:10 PM.

vCash
    Time for Furdge and the guy from Olive Branch to step up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Time for Furdge and the guy from Olive Branch to step up
    Forbes and Richardson will play before them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I don't know him but I'd go with him on this one
    Good. We need to stand up for ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    He's done here.
    As he should be.

vCash
    I highly doubt this happens, but it would be mighty funny if Ole Miss got burned really hard with sanctions because of this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    I highly doubt this happens, but it would be mighty funny if Ole Miss got burned really hard with sanctions because of this.
    They won't get hit with sanctions. A transfer to them would just be blocked. That's about all that could happen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    At least they could actually legitimately blame it on us this time. Which would be ironic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    They won't get hit with sanctions. A transfer to them would just be blocked. That's about all that could happen
    I thought I saw someone say it would be a level I violation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Oh yeah. Was vocal & loud. Obviously, most people like that are complete frauds.

Looks like Mingo & Ealy have just been recruiting him.

Again, a complete lack of character
    Actually he wasn't all Dawg. I saw an interview with him either on signing day or just after where he said he had intended on signing with LSU on signing day. Said he woke up and wanted to stay closer to home and chose us because we had been with him so long.

I vividly remember being completely shocked after that interview because I thought he was ours and there was never an issue. But that seemed to not be the case. I knew in that moment we weren't done hearing from Jarrian Jones.
    Last edited by MetEdDawg; 05-20-2020 at 05:50 AM.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    He's done here.
    I wonder if he whistled Dixie as he left Starkville for Oxford.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    [tweet2]1258787143364853766[/tweet2]
    I guess in the end, the Forward Rebels campaign made a minor impact on former rebels being MS high school football coaches and personal trainers. That was one of their main recruiting goals to have more access to kids.

Meanwhile most State fans would see this situation and still send their kids to D1, but if the shoe was on the other foot rebel parents would boycott sending them. I guess Wolken was right, it's a damn cult.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I don't know him but I'd go with him on this one
    I don't think Cohen will be the only AD in the SEC to take noticed. There are two others with MSU ties one of which one probably does not like Kiffin. Then there is Volunteer Nation that has a lot hate for Kiffin and they have a AD that will go after people.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Reese is a nuisance but its really Lovett and Jones that are big hits to our program and rejuventation for OM because Lovett and Jones are guys we recruited and signed and are on our roster to be the future of our program. We don't have the quality of depth to lose young starters like this and not feel the pain. Besides Reese only having one year of eligibility anyway he wasn't even a full time starter for us last year. This is so OM though as this COVID-19 situation is just like a dead period which also tends to be when OM does their best recruiting. Most everything they do is always some kind of sordid under the table deal to tamper with or lure somebody because they really have no regard for any NCAA rules. During normal school sessions guys are being monitored but not right now. It doesn't help our cause though that while Leach brought his entire staff in tact from WSU that have no relationships in MS, Kiffin turned around and hired multiple coaches that had already been coaching in this State including 2 of our former coaches. Really puts us at a huge disadvantage in this environment when these new coaches that our players know nothing about aren't even allowed to be around them.
    Shut up. Losing Deke and Buckley werent bad things and Jones and Lovitt aren't stars themselves. McBath is better than Buckley IMO. There, I said it. Deke was a journeyman DL coach that I said from day one was a snake oil salesman.
    We simply lack depth on defense and losing two guys hurts there. Neither of those kids will ever be stars no matter where they play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    I wonder if he whistled Dixie as he left Starkville for Oxford.
    More like he took a selfie. This wasn't as unexpected as some think. If I knew about it months ago, a lot of people did. There's still a handful of guys on this team that are similar in nature. Too many followers and not enough leaders in that little group.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 05-20-2020 at 07:28 AM.

vCash
    Shut up. Losing Deke and Buckley werent bad things and Jones and Lovitt aren't stars themselves. McBath is better than Buckley IMO. There, I said it. Deke was a journeyman DL coach that I said from day one was a snake oil salesman.
    We simply lack depth on defense and losing two guys hurts there. Neither of those kids will ever be stars no matter where they play.
    I have never thought Buckley wa that great of a coach. It isn't like our defensive back field has been a lockdown back field since he has been there. It hasn't been a great pass defense. Seems like they are always out of positions and getting beat. Give a few drop balls back to opponents we lose to a lot of teams.

vCash
    Good Lord...

This topic definitely needed 3 threads started by the same person**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    Good Lord...

This topic definitely needed 3 threads started by the same person**
    Well, it has taken his mind off of the multiple threads about the M over S and football helmets. So we've got that going for us.....
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    This morning Bo Bounds is basically congratulating Ole Miss for landing 2 4 star players in Jones & Lovett.

Also says to watch out for Emerson

I mean, what the hell is college football coming to?
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    This morning Bo Bounds is basically congratulating Ole Miss for landing 2 4 star players in Jones & Lovett.

Also says to watch out for Emerson

I mean, what the hell is college football coming to?
    Who knows what will happen bc Jones was saying he was ready for cowbells a week ago, but Emerson put out some encouraging tweets that led me to believe he was staying.

vCash
    Soft ass coaching makes soft ass players. Most of these guys were somewhat coddled in HS because of their athletic ability. When they have to play for coaches that get up in their faces, most handle it and are better for it. Some don't.
    Damn we had some soft ass coaching.