Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Transfer Portal is Out of Control....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    These kids have too much time on their hands
    these kids don't have a bond. There's no leadership or mentorship in the program.

Reese & Eiland are supposed to be SR leaders yet one had already transferred & the other has talked about it.

Just think about that for a minute.

The COVID thing has prevented the new staff from being able to do anything.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Too much idle time due to all the virus shit, but this smells illegal right out of the gate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Too much idle time due to all the virus shit, but this smells illegal right out of the gate.
    Just like Reese & Lovett were illegal.

Craig Sankey is a complete POS for allowing this right now.

Most unfair thing I've seen in college football

vCash
    I mean, we can go the the SEC but it's pointless. Any kid can transfer and sit a year.
    JJ rumors have been out there since he signed.

vCash
    I’m sure a lot of it is tbuck who honestly was a lot of good talk and not much more - didn’t probably help us that Deke and him ended up at OM and the combined with these kids being off campus.

Also bites us that we couldn’t close on Ealy and Mingo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Just like Reese & Lovett were illegal.

Craig Sankey is a complete POS for allowing this right now.

Most unfair thing I've seen in college football
    Reese graduated. He could go anywhere anyway.

vCash
    The fact that he’s willing to sit a year is the weird thing. Guys that have dreams of being 3 and done don’t go sit a year.

I’d get really really worried about Emerson now to since he and Jones were supposedly tight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    He was still illegally tampered with. I don't think he transfers if this was a normal year.

vCash
    And his move is at least easy to follow, albeit still unfortunate for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    Look I don't like any of this either, but it seems like this kind of transfer thing always goes against us. When are we as a program going to try to compete? Quit taking it and do something to get better.
    You mean like bringing in a projected first round qb?

vCash
    So "you understand"?

This is wrong
    It's not surprising. Lovetts coach and Jones's coach both went to OM. It doesn't surprise me.

Costello followed a coach too, leach. He was leaning to wash state until Leach came.

And like you, I don't like the college football transfer rules either.

vCash
    Consistently was out of position and can?t tackle. I was tired of his act by the end of last year. Typical prima Donna who can?t produce.

Should?ve stuck to being a WR, which is all he played in HS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    You mean like bringing in a projected first round qb?
    He was on the transfer portal up front, a different thing altogether. I'm talking about that we are not going to compete in the SEC if we are not willing to push the issues that other programs are willing to do. We just sit back and say no fair, instead of pushing limits ourselves.

vCash
    Most guys would have to have one hell of an incentive to transfer out as a projected starter, then sit out a season. I know I would.

vCash
    Lovett was supposedly getting out before the coaching change so I can live with that one. I'll only get butthurt if he is successful in not sitting a year.

Reese hurts but at least you can follow the bouncing ball that he was a grad transfer and can play with his brother.

JJ has always been a bit of a wild card personality wise, but as mentioned you have to be pretty motivated to leave a SEC starting gig and go sit out a year to a worse SEC program (assuming he goes to OM). Just to follow Tbuck? Who could very easily NOT be there the year he'd actually get to play again.

Seems a bit out of place, but there is a chance I guess he hated the new staff or something else. Slim, but possible.

As mentioned the real issue is the lack of leadership in the locker room and we've known that was a problem the last 2 years. Hopefully the staff realizes this and focuses on bringing in a couple of locker room leaders like Mullen always did. Even guys like K. Market who weren't anything special on the field (still a good player) but were great leaders.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Most guys would have to have one hell of an incentive to transfer out as a projected starter, then sit out a season. I know I would.
    I figure that was provided. Looking like OM ready to go past the limit again.

ETA: I imagine Leach and his staff weren't coddling primadonnas either. Kid had talent but he had a ways to go to maximize it.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 05-19-2020 at 07:21 PM.

vCash
    Jones now in the portal!
    Bulldogs continue domination of Ole Miss
    BY RICK CLEVELAND

vCash
    This the one I said people would lose their minds over.
    How long have you known? He just not cutting the hard work under Leach or is it the TBuck connection? Or all of the above?

vCash
    I can get the comfort factor but kids don't normally follow position coaches. Coordinators or HC maybe, but not position coaches that are rarely at the same place more than 2 years

vCash
    He was still illegally tampered with. I don't think he transfers if this was a normal year.
    And I can't blame him for going home. If a kid works hard to graduate, they should have the right to do what they want.