Thread: Dak wants 45+ million for 5th year?

vCash

Dak wants 45+ million for 5th year?

vCash
    I don't understand all the holdouts. We (or on SPS) were complaining about a tree trimmer in Chicgo making $100K/year. Is a football quarterback worth 4500 times what a guy who trims branches from trees, and thus avoiding ice storms due to limbs falling?

$45M in on year is several times what most of us will make in a lifetime.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    I don't understand all the holdouts. We (or on SPS) were complaining about a tree trimmer in Chicgo making $100K/year. Is a football quarterback worth 4500 times what a guy who trims branches from trees, and thus avoiding ice storms due to limbs falling?

Comparing tree trimmers to quarterbacks to whatever most of us do is like comparing apples to Volkswagens to bowling balls. It's just an irrelevant comparison.

vCash
    Yeah he needs to ditch these clowns ..if Dak would ditch his agent, I bet a deal could get done..he's getting some bad advice...yeah that DWI cost him a lot on his first contract, that's water under the bridge. He needs to know he is losing far more in endorsements if he is painted as greedy ...the Dallas Cowboys QB is one of the most marketable and coveted positions in sports...he needs to shut up and sign and then go win some games.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezsoil View Post
    Yeah he needs to ditch these clowns ..if Dak would ditch his agent, I bet a deal could get done..he's getting some bad advice...yeah that DWI cost him a lot on his first contract, that's water under the bridge. He needs to know he is losing far more in endorsements if he is painted as greedy ...the Dallas Cowboys QB is one of the most marketable and coveted positions in sports...he needs to shut up and sign and then go win some games.
    The market will be $45M next year. It's the smart move.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash

Yes he is.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Good for Dak.

A deal will get done

And that deal will be good for both sides

Deadlines make deals & I haven't seen any deadlines yet.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
    This^^ Teddy KGB ain't wrong.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    If you read the story it's actually a nice strategy by doing that & only $10mil/more total than what the cowboys were offering over 5 years. We can tell MSU fans have never been involved in big time QB negotiations before.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    If you read the story it's actually a nice strategy by that & only $10mil/more total than what the cowboys were offering over 5 years. We can tell MSU fans have never been involved in big time QB negotiations before.
    Yep, lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Good for Dak.

A deal will get done

And that deal will be good for both sides

Deadlines make deals & I haven't seen any deadlines yet.
    Deadline is July 15th & yes they'll have a deal by then.

vCash
    If you read the story it's actually a nice strategy by doing that & only $10mil/more total than what the cowboys were offering over 5 years. We can tell MSU fans have never been involved in big time QB negotiations before.
    Exactly - and cowboy fans here in TX are 100 times worse.

vCash
    [TWEET]1263539230434869250[/TWEET]

vCash
    Being a New York Yankee or a Dallas Cowboy has a huge advantage I think, especially in the commerical market. I wonder if Dak played for a team like Cleveland what his market value would be?

I hope Dak gets his money, but I also think he is playing very close to fire, seems like the smoke is getting heavier and JJ is kinda a weirdo and who knows what he may really be thinking.

Maybe I am wrong but with so many unemployed in our country right now this isn't a good story or look for Dak, say it ain't so?

vCash

Jeff Bezos is about to become a trillionaire because of a pandemic. I don't think someone that is the face of a billion dollar team making $45 Mil per year is that outrageous. I forget what talking head said it but the Cowboys went from Aikman to Romo without having a legitimate NFL QB. That shows how hard it is to find a good to great NFL QB.

People give Dak shit but his first four years are only behind Dan Marino in NFL history. He did all that on a minimum wage salary in NFL standards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezsoil View Post
    Dak has one of the top agents in sports. He originally had some local guy but changed agents last year I think. This is all about Jerry wanting to get a "cheap" 5th year even though he got a $20 Mil discount over the last 4 years.

vCash
    The agent works for Dak not the other way around. If they offered Dak a contract he wanted he'd sign it. Can we stop talking like the agent is holding this up. He's represented by CAA 1 of the biggest & best agencies in sports.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    ... This is all about Jerry wanting to get a "cheap" 5th year even though he got a $20 Mil discount over the last 4 years.
    People are hung up on the money but that 5th year is the biggest hold up. If Jerry comes off it then a deal gets done quickly.

vCash
    The agent works for Dak not the other way around. If they offered Dak a contract he wanted he'd sign it. Can we stop talking like the agent is holding this up. He's represented by CAA 1 of the biggest & best agencies in sports.
    I would like to see their contract