Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buy or Sell MSU leads football back September 3rd

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I really hope so. If the president and health leaders come out and say no big crowds though, you really think sec presidents will go against that advice? Seems that would be a huge risk. Hopefully covid19 goes out the door as quickly as it came, and this is a non-issue
    Unless the States start acting stupid and playing politics the President is going to let the States make all the calls. There will be fans in the stadium.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Unless the States start acting stupid and playing politics the President is going to let the States make all the calls. There will be fans in the stadium.
    Well let's look at the "evolution" of Gavin Newsom in just a week, he went from saying no Sports in 2020 to saying all the professional sports can play without fans... I'd say he will evolve more as the summer months approach.

vCash
    I'm buying that the game is on the 3rd.

And if I had to guess one way or the other, I would also buy that there will be fans there (and I will be among them).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Too early to say. Unless the cases drop to a trickle, I have a hard time seeing fans in stands
    So business as usual in Hattiesburg?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    I'm buying that the game is on the 3rd.

And if I had to guess one way or the other, I would also buy that there will be fans there (and I will be among them).
    One other thought is it may be safer to be at game earlier while it is warmer than in late Oct or Nov? Different way of looking at it.

I was at the MSU USC game in 2001, jury still out about this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    One other thought is it may be safer to be at game earlier while it is warmer than in late Oct or Nov? Different way of looking at it.

I was at the MSU USC game in 2001, jury still out about this year.
    So no need in the shade cover proposed last year by some fans then?*****

The hotter the better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    So business as usual in Hattiesburg?
    Yep they been doing it for years at usm lol

vCash
    The fact that schools are starting to announce that the fall semester will start a little earlier than normal and will end before Thanksgiving, all in anticipation of a potential second wave of the virus this winter, tells me that if college football is played it should start on schedule.

vCash
    Little request to our game day and stadium ops team..
    I’m sure there will be some precautions in play and some new rules to go by when entering the stadium
    How about let’s get on top of this early and quickly and try to make it somewhat successful.. I mean it’s about to be year 4 ( I think) with the medal detractors and gate entrance check points and we still haven’t figured this out yet..

Best of luck...
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 05-23-2020 at 09:45 AM.

vCash
    I'm buying this now.

One suggestion for fans coming in stadium. Have zones depending on where you sit for fans to come in by groups of sections. Do like the airlines do when boarding the planes. This would help keep social distance and easy crowd at gates.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Little request to our game day and stadium ops team..
    I’m sure there will be some precautions in play and some new rules to go by when entering the stadium
    How about let’s get on top of this early and quickly and try to make it somewhat successful.. I mean it’s about to be year 4 ( I think) with the medal detractors and gate entrance check points and we still haven’t figured this out yet..

Best of luck...
    Part to the problem is the people running the metal detectors not having common sense. Not everyone needs to be strip searched.

vCash
    Hopefully Aramark isn?t doing the screenings at the gate. That would be a cluster.

vCash
    I'm guessing we'll be in Phase two if not phase three by then. That should mean more fans allowed in at that time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacksondevildog View Post
    Hopefully Aramark isn?t doing the screenings at the gate. That would be a cluster.
    I'll be shocked if they're even doing concessions this year for us.