Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Chillbilly's Mississippi State Helmet Concepts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Yeah, the problem is your entire premise wrong. Is Alabama recognized by a Number? No of course not. I do agree the Mstate logo is fine for a recognizable logo for the university but that doesn't mean it has to go on a helmet or a baseball hat. I think that's what most people are saying.
    Point taken.

My point is that if we're going to have a logo on the helmet, it should be a unified logo. Special one-off helmets for a single game here or there, yeah I get that. But as a standard image on the helmet -- or anywhere else -- if we're going to have a logo at all, I think it should be *the* logo (or one of the standard set with the same design/feel), not a separate logo for "this" or another version of "that" or a totally different "the other."

vCash
    Give Bob Tyler credit for the M over S...thx

vCash
    If we can't use the interlocking MSU logo, use the MSJ logo and be done with it. Those are the best looking logos we've ever had on helmets. It's really that simple.

vCash
    I've often said the whole idea of "consolidating" logos was the dumbest shit we ever did. The banner M was basketball, MSU football, MS baseball. Yet, we come out with all these damn alternative uniforms and logos. It was all poorly conceived and executed. But our leadership is so conservative they'll never change it. Change is a dirty word on our campus.

vCash
    I like the M over S logo the best, but I have no problem with any. I think my second favorite is STATE, the only one I never cared about is the walking bulldog.

As for as uniforms, they are all free, it's not a big deal to me although I am not crazy about the black uniforms our baseball teams wear. I don't go to games or watch on TV thinking. "Oh crap look at our uniforms", I'm to busy wanting to be an "arm chair Coach" like a few others***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I am not crazy about the black uniforms our baseball teams wear.
    Amen, those things are awful.

vCash
    "On Sundays, we wear black."

It's a new tradition. The players love them. They've got a pretty good record in them.

I'm fine with them.

vCash
    That state helmet logo is awesome.

For some reason seeing the baseball logo on a football helmet is throwing me off. I can't decide if I like the way it looks or not. As for branding purposes it would be nice to have one main logo across sports but we use the State on baseball and basketball stuff already as well.

The only logo that isn't used campus wide is the baseball logo.

As far as just what looks good to my eye the State helmet looks awesome. Again, not opposed to using the baseball logo for everything I just don't personally like the look of it on a helmet for some reason and can't put my finger on why.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    Amen, those things are awful.
    The Black Uniform itself, looks good. However an all black uniform just isn't "Mississippi State" to me.

Which brings me to another point. I think the more concerning point with branding isn't a better logo but sticking with our brand. I feel Adidas hasn't done us any favors in that regarding. We wear to many different specialty uniforms that don't incorporate our colors or our traditional Mississippi State look. I'm talking about all sports. Not just baseball.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 05-22-2020 at 11:35 AM.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    I think if you put one of these on one side and one on the other, it would work.
    Downvotes_Hype