Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chillbilly's Mississippi State Helmet Concepts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    You really think that from a distance, the M over S is distinguishable enough? You don't think it would just look like a big white block?

I guess it's sort of a rhetorical question because I know you won't agree. I think the State option is by far the best and is the cleanest!

Kudos to Chillbilly though! Great work!
    I wasn't aware that national TV was "from a distance"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    So is it still “small minded” to like the “STATE” branding idea I threw in that other thread Shotgun? Lol. I’m just busting your balls. But to me, the “STATE” script helmet would instantly be the best helmet we’ve ever had. It’s super clean, looks awesome, and we can brand it really well. Not many, if any other teams use just “STATE” as what they’re called other than what like Michigan State & we’re completely different colors and conferences. When people would see Maroon and White with “STATE”, they’d know it was us. And people in the South/Sourheast would more than likely know exactly who “STATE” was if we branded it more and pushed that more. The “STATE” script jerseys are the sharpest uniforms in baseball and basketball, IMO. Why not add it to football and brand it more across all sports?
    The state one looks good. It just isn't as timeless as the M over S and not as easy to brand in clothing and merchandise

vCash
    Why do so many people do not like the M-State? Every time someone asks where I graduated, I always reply M-State!**** Seriously, I've disliked the M-State logo from day one and has been forced upon us. I liked the state script and bring the interlocking msu. Leave ms for baseball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    . Leave ms for baseball.
    Why?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Why on Earth would it disgrace it?
    Maybe the word "disgrace" was a bit harsh. It's just every 6 months to a year a new thread is created trying to make the M over S THE logo of the university. (by the way, ain't happening as long as a baseball guy is in charge of the entire AD) We should focus our efforts on trying to get the Nike MSJ logo back for football.

vCash
    Why?
    Because it's the Baseball logo.

vCash
    Why?
    The first consistent winning in my life was during the Tyler years, "MS on helmets but not M over S," followed by the Jackie are the best helmets and uniforms we ever had. I've always liked the interlocking msu for football helmets and the M over S for baseball. Baseball has tradition, which I would like to be built for football. God forgive us for the Russell Athletics uniforms! Real bulldogs say no to white helmets unless the opposition is wearing dark colored helmets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydawg1 View Post
    Because it's the Baseball logo.
    It represents the same university. Having separate logos for different sports is madness and does nothing to help Mississippi State

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    The first consistent winning in my life was during the Tyler years, "MS on helmets but not M over S," followed by the Jackie are the best helmets and uniforms we ever had. I've always liked the interlocking msu for football helmets and the M over S for baseball. Baseball has tradition, which I would like to be built for football. God forgive us for the Russell Athletics uniforms! Real bulldogs say no to white helmets unless the opposition is wearing dark colored helmets.
    The baseball and football programs represent the same school.

Separating your brand is dumb and the M over S is our best logo and brand.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    So is it still ?small minded? to like the ?STATE? branding idea I threw in that other thread Shotgun? Lol. I?m just busting your balls. But to me, the ?STATE? script helmet would instantly be the best helmet we?ve ever had. It?s super clean, looks awesome, and we can brand it really well. Not many, if any other teams use just ?STATE? as what they?re called other than what like Michigan State & we?re completely different colors and conferences. When people would see Maroon and White with ?STATE?, they?d know it was us. And people in the South/Sourheast would more than likely know exactly who ?STATE? was if we branded it more and pushed that more. The ?STATE? script jerseys are the sharpest uniforms in baseball and basketball, IMO. Why not add it to football and brand it more across all sports?
    I like them both... but then again I like the M-State one too. The one I don't like is the MSJ during the Rockey period.

As far as no one mixing us up with Michigan State, I've worn a maroon M-State shirt, out of Mississippi, and have had quite a few people ask if I was a Michigan State fan.

vCash
    Just to be clear, this is the interlocking MSJ I hated...

I, and almost everyone else, loved this interlocking one... bring it back! Pay Nike!

vCash
    It represents the same university. Having separate logos for different sports is madness and does nothing to help Mississippi State
    Even LSU has 3 different logos. Arkansas has that crappy looking A for baseball. Ole Miss uses Ole Miss for most everything except the block M for baseball. Auburn is about the only school I can think of that uses the same logo for everything. I guess Georgia does. I happen to really like our STATE over M logo on the helmets. (fun fact, it's our old basketball logo redone) Point being, many schools use many logos.

vCash
    I know I'm in the minority, but I don't mind the M-State one, but the first iteration was horrible. Luckily, I don't think it ever graced our helmets though.

vs.
    Last edited by Turfdawg67; 05-19-2020 at 12:05 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    I know I'm in the minority, but I don't mind the M-State one, but the first iteration was horrible. Luckily, I don't think it ever graced our helmets though.

Blah!
    I know we all like to forget the Croom error, but that logo was on our helmets in that time span. They looked like shart.

vCash
    Let’s just ask the question like this. You get to go buy one piece of MSU gear (say a hat or tshirt) and you’ll wear it to every sport event for MSU. What logo are you choosing?

The answer should be tour main sports logo. I’m choosing a maroon baseball hat with the baseball logo hands down.

There are places the block logo looks good. I like the “state” script as an alternative Helmet and the throwback basketball uniforms with just “state” on them are my favorite.

The current helmets are not awful like the Croom era but they are pretty mediocre

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    Let’s just ask the question like this. You get to go buy one piece of MSU gear (say a hat or tshirt) and you’ll wear it to every sport event for MSU. What logo are you choosing?

The answer should be tour main sports logo. I’m choosing a maroon baseball hat with the baseball logo hands down.
    This this this

Banned
    vCash
    Make it State and not 8tate and we have a winner.

Branding as State across the country is the move. We already have the SEC. LSU is the only other state school in the SEC and they're LSU. We already own the Southeast on this branding. Put it on the helmet and make it solely ours. State College is the only competition and we're simply "State".

Banned
    vCash
    This this this
    Wish it wasn't so faded but I had a off-white khaki hat with block maroon letter STATE on it. That was my favorite hat and it said enough imo.

vCash

vCash
    My avatar is the best helmet we have ever worn- but those look good that Rocky mocked up. Anything is better than what we currently have. The M-State crap needs to go yesterday.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is