Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chillbilly's Mississippi State Helmet Concepts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    I know I'm in the minority, but I don't mind the M-State one, but the first iteration was horrible. Luckily, I don't think it ever graced our helmets though.

vs.
    You aren't in the minority. The MState is the university logo as decided by MSU leadership. The MState logo is worn by fans everywhere on game days of all sports.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    You really think that from a distance, the M over S is distinguishable enough? You don't think it would just look like a big white block?

!
    Exactly. It isn't like you would be making some big improvement to the look of the helmet.

It's 2020....with the advancements in graphic design, a big company like adidas should get a lot more creative and come up with a look that is very unique and interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChillbillyRock View Post
    Those white look so damn good
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    You aren't in the minority. The MState is the university logo as decided by MSU leadership. The MState logo is worn by fans everywhere on game days of all sports.
    - The leadership was wrong.
    - Of course people wear it. What other options do they have?

vCash
    Exactly. It isn't like you would be making some big improvement to the look of the helmet.

It's 2020....with the advancements in graphic design, a big company like adidas should get a lot more creative and come up with a look that is very unique and interesting.
    The helmet in your avatar looks like complete ass

vCash
    Well, when you go to buy merchandise that is basically the only option you have. So yeah, that makes sense since that logo is what the merch stores sell.

If they were all selling a different logo everyone would be wearing that logo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    Well, when you go to buy merchandise that is basically the only option you have. So yeah, that makes sense since that logo is what the merch stores sell.

that logo.
    Back in the fall I was at maroon and company. They had plenty of MS baseball logo polos, T-shirt's and jerseys. None sold out and most on sale.

But hey.... if State fans want to create the narrative that all State fans hate their own logo, go ahead. That would be par for MSU. "Poor ole me trudging along with this god awful logo on my chest. If only we had leadership as smart as me, we'd win the national championship." Hahahaha.

vCash
    Back in the fall I was at maroon and company. They had plenty of MS baseball logo polos, T-shirt's and jerseys. None sold out and most on sale.
    They would sell if they were on the football helmet. That's the point.

We aren't fully leveraging our best logo.

vCash

But hey.... if State fans want to create the narrative that all State fans hate their own logo, go ahead. That would be par for MSU. "Poor ole me trudging along with this god awful logo on my chest. If only we had leadership as smart as me, we'd win the national championship." Hahahaha.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Maroonthirteen again.

vCash

Where did I say anything like that? Sorry your panties got in a bunch because you take it to heart when Shotgun makes fun of your opinion of which logo is better on a helmet. I'm not defending either of them. The whole conversation is dumb and strictly hypothetical.

It's known in the MSU community the M over S is baseball. Whether the administration wants to change that is up to them. There is a private school here in Chattanooga who has nearly the exact colors and (M over S) logo for their school logo. So that wouldn't do us much good in this area for branding. Not like the M-State logo. But that's a drop in the bucket.

Is it really surprising to you that all of the baseball attire didn't get bought up? It's a big MSU sport for those who love baseball but realistically, a large portion probably doesn't care much about it until we get into the postseason. So they buy the primary logo because that is their only option and can wear it to all sports without having to drop $300 on clothing to cover football and baseball.

----

The bottom line is, if you want to buy a shirt with your school's logo on it then you are going to buy the primary logo more than likely. If your team has a secondary logo for a particular sport and you don't care about that sport, you will stick with the primary. Since football has more fans more people buy the primary logo instead of the M over S ones you are referring to that were on sale.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    They would sell if they were on the football helmet. That's the point.

Yes

ETA: I can't believe we agree on something Gun!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    The helmet in your avatar looks like complete ass
    Opinions are like a-holes.
    Last edited by Turfdawg67; 05-19-2020 at 08:50 AM.

vCash
    1. Interlocking logo
    2. State script on the concept helmet
    3. Flying M
    4. M over S

5. M-state Banner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    I may be the minority, but I do not like the M over S at all. Now, they State one? FRESH.
    I don't like the M over S near as much as I thought I would.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    I may be the minority, but I do not like the M over S at all. Now, they State one? FRESH.
    I don't like the M over S near as much as I thought I would.

vCash
    The MoverS looks really good and is absolutely a far superior logo to the M-State. I avoid buying anything with M-State on it if I can and look for the MoverS.

I'm fine if you want to keep it baseball-specific; just go back to some form of the interlocking M-S-U. The M-State has come a long way, I will say that. It doesn't look nearly as bad as it used to. But it's still not great.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    The whole conversation is dumb and strictly hypothetical.
    This is all that needs to be said. It's just another retread of a tired Shotgun opinion that he desperately brings up when he can't think of any other topic. (See: South Endzone)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    Let?s just ask the question like this. You get to go buy one piece of MSU gear (say a hat or tshirt) and you?ll wear it to every sport event for MSU. What logo are you choosing?

The answer should be tour main sports logo. I?m choosing a maroon baseball hat with the baseball logo hands down.

There are places the block logo looks good. I like the ?state? script as an alternative Helmet and the throwback basketball uniforms with just ?state? on them are my favorite.

The current helmets are not awful like the Croom era but they are pretty mediocre
    ^^^this. A few years ago I started only buying gear with the M over S logo. I wear it to football, baseball, volleyball, softball alumni events, work on Friday and church on Sunday after a big win on Saturday. It is our most popular logo, I would say, based on the fact that if you find a nice pullover or shirt with the logo on it they tend to sell out. Hell, those black baseball hats are damn near impossible to find two weeks into the season every year.

I'm not wading into the 'it should be on our helmet discussion' but the argument that it's reserved for baseball is a not founded on anything other that people don't like change.

Basically what I'm saying is that I think M over S is our most popular logo, hands down. That and the current log on our football helmets sucks some kind of bad. I do not have the vocabulary to express how much I dislike it on the side of a football helmet. Use it for other things, hell I think it looks good on the basketball court,...just get it off the helmet.

vCash
    You and shotgun and others have clearly stated MState is the only option. It isn't.

I'm not upset. Matt Wyatt and people feeding Shotgun seem to be ones upset with a logo and pushing for a change.

vCash
    You and shotgun and others have clearly stated MState is the only option. It isn't.

I'm not upset. Matt Wyatt and people feeding Shotgun seem to be ones upset with a logo and pushing for a change.
    My post clearly says "basically your only option"