Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fabian Lovett to OM?

vCash

Fabian Lovett to OM?

True? Interesting if so considering the prior FSU announcement

vCash
    It' doesn't matter where he goes, he'll never really make it.

He won't be happy there either because people that are looking to offended will always find something to be offended about.

He's nice player, but I suspect our culture will improve without him. Not because he didn't work hard, but because he obviously couldn't have been "ALL IN" & you only win with 85 players that are "ALL IN"

I've also got a big issue with him being disingenuous & using another man's ignorant tweet as the reason he's transferring when he had already decided to transfer in December while Moorhead was still at MSU. If we're looking at this black & white, that's lying. It's absolutely lying & hurting another person for your own personal gain. Why would anyone want that person in our locker room?

Again, I'm glad he's gone. This isn't about depth chart, work ethic, or potential. It's purely about my belief that you absolutely can't win with those type of people in your locker room.

I'm sure some will come on here & bash me for not just wishing him well & that I'm wrong, but deep down you know I'm right. Deep down you know that you can't win with people in your locker room that you can't trust.

Let him go be Ole Miss' problem. Let them depend on him on their depth chart only to see him get offended by a statue or something & quit.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 05-18-2020 at 09:51 PM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Wtf I thought he enrolled at FSU. What happened there?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    It' doesn't matter where he goes, he'll never really make it.

He won't be happy there either because people that are looking to offended will always find something to be offended about.

He's nice player, but I suspect our culture will improve without him. Not because he didn't work hard, but because he obviously couldn't have been "ALL IN" & you only win with 85 players that "ALL IN"

I've also got a big issue with him being disingenuous & using another man's ignorant tweet as the reason he's transferring when he had already decided to transfer in December while Moorhead was still at MSU. If we're looking at this black & white, that's lying. It's absolutely lying & hurting another person for your own personal gain. Why would anyone want that person in our locker room?

Again, I'm glad he's gone. This isn't about depth chart, work ethic, or potential. It's purely about my belief that you absolutely can't win with those type of people in your locker room.

I'm sure some will come on here & bash me for not just wishing him well & that I'm wrong, but deep down you know I'm right. Deep down you know that you can't win with people in your locker room that you can't trust.

Let him go be Ole Miss' problem. Let them depend on him on their depth chart only to see him get offended by a statue or something & quit.
    He was a rsFR starter in the SEC. He?s an NFL talent. Those two sentences alone mean it?s a loss so saying ?i?m glad he?s gone? just makes no sense to me. I think some of you guys live in a world where you think these players and coaches ?love? State like you do and it?s never been/never going to be that way. This is a gateway to their dream/a better situation. So not all 85 on any great team-Bama/LSU/Clemson etc are ?all in?. You get the best talent and coach them up and that?s how you win. Period. So being thankful a talented player is gone, potentially to a direct competitor, is just stupid to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipedream View Post
    He was a rsFR starter in the SEC. He?s an NFL talent. Those two sentences alone mean it?s a loss so saying ?i?m glad he?s gone? just makes no sense to me. I think some of you guys live in a world where you think these players and coaches ?love? State like you do and it?s never been/never going to be that way. This is a gateway to their dream/a better situation. So not all 85 on any great team-Bama/LSU/Clemson etc are ?all in?. You get the best talent and coach them up and that?s how you win. Period. So being thankful a talented player is gone, potentially to a direct competitor, is just stupid to me.
    Not as stupid as you not knowing how to get the question marks out of your posts.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    You must not have read my post.

I admitted he was a nice player. Although, let's not get carried away with the NFL stuff he a 5-7th round pick at best type player.

My point wasn't that he couldn't play, it's that you can't WIN with people like that in your locker room.

Big difference

vCash
    I was told the day he left he would end up at ole miss ....

vCash
    Mobile sucks on this platform.

vCash
    You must not have read my post.

I admitted he was a nice player. Although, let's not get carried away with the NFL stuff he a 5-7th round pick at best type player.

My point wasn't that he couldn't play, it's that you can't WIN with people like that in your locker room.

Big difference
    Idk what round he?ll go. He still has a few yrs to develop. The big schools win with guys like that every year-maybe even bigger egos/attitudes/complexes. You never want to talent to walk out the door. It?s the one thing we can?t replace.

vCash
    If he transfers to the most racist Power 5 school in America supposedly because of a 'racist' tweet and then wants to use that to get immediate eligibility that will about the most absurd, ironic thing I will have ever heard of.

vCash
    Anybody know of anyone else looking to transfer? - Geez!

vCash
    Idk what round he?ll go. He still has a few yrs to develop. The big schools win with guys like that every year-maybe even bigger egos/attitudes/complexes. You never want to talent to walk out the door. It?s the one thing we can?t replace.
    - Lovett isn't twitchy enough to be a top 3 round type guy. The combo of size & twitch isn't there. He's a nice player & has a chance at being a 5th-7th round type. A chance. It's not a given at all that will happen.

- Secondly, blue bloods can put guys with egos & attitudes into super competitive situations for playing time that weeds those issues out of them or just recruit over them. They do have those players, but because they don't play much, those players don't set the culture. At MSU, we are unfortunate in that we have to play those types of kids & sometimes we get burned by it. It's why Mullen started the Perkins over Josh Robinson.

- Agree. I hate that he couldn't get his attitude right & reach his ceiling at MSU. I hate that it didn't work out. However, in the real world, sometimes you have to come grips with the idea you probably weren't going to win with that guy. You can't depend on him.

In the end, it really sucks that between Quay, Lovett, & Charles Moore, we've had a rough patch of talented DL that couldn't get their mind right. I assume Charles Moore would've been a Dawg with his mind right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    If he transfers to the most racist Power 5 school in America supposedly because of a 'racist' tweet and then wants to use that to get immediate eligibility that will about the most absurd, ironic thing I will have ever heard of.
    The tweet had absolutely nothing to do with the tweet & Lovett knows it. That's a big problem I have with him.

He's throwing another person under the bus for his own personal gain.

vCash
    If Lovett was looking to get out that bad, then we do not want him. From what others have said on here, he was a hard worker, but there is no way he would have been good for team chemistry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    If Lovett was looking to get out that bad, then we do not want him. From what others have said on here, he was a hard worker, but there is no way he would have been good for team chemistry.
    This

You simplified it better than I could

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    My question is where is he going to go after that?

vCash

I wonder what Lovett and his Dad would think about the 2:15 mark of this video?

vCash
    The tweet had absolutely nothing to do with the tweet & Lovett knows it. That's a big problem I have with him.

He's throwing another person under the bus for his own personal gain.
    The real question is does the MSU twitter mafia have enough pissed off to @ all the national people that used this specific situation to slam Leach on national tv and ask them about the optics of a guy claiming a racist tweet was the reason he left while ending up at Ole Miss. Their fans literally threw a noose around a statue and they did it recently.

I doubt it. But to me that's the kind of stuff our fan base won't ever do collectively. And we don't have the national clout to do it. We get trampled on consistently.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Yeah nobody should be surprised here. Money talks.

vCash
    The NFL doesn't think much of players out of TSUN as evidenced by their outstanding draft this year.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!