Thread: Greatest Bulldog Bracket Final

vCash

Greatest Bulldog Bracket Final

Dak vs. Jake.

Jake had the better MSU career. Dak has obviously had more national success. I guess your vote depends on what you define as "the greatest." Tough one.

[tweet2]1262019744359735299[/tweet2]

vCash
    I'm torn on this one. If it was "Best State Player" I would go with Dak (or Bailey Howell, Raffy, Palmeiro or maybe Jeff Simmons), but something about the description of "Greatest Bulldog" makes me want to vote Jake.

vCash
    To me it's Jake. Because to me if you're voting on the best player at State then that should be the main factor. He has a better winning percentage against Ole Miss and delivered against them time and time again more consistently than Dak did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    I'm torn on this one. If it was "Best State Player" I would go with Dak (or Bailey Howell, Raffy, Palmeiro or maybe Jeff Simmons), but something about the description of "Greatest Bulldog" makes me want to vote Jake.
    Simmons position doesn't lend well to polls like this, but he's easily the best/most dominant guy at his job on the respective field we've ever had IMO.

vCash
    Is it the greatest player or fan favorite?

Johnnie Cooks, Will Clark, Raffy, Jeff Malone and Bailey Howell are the greatest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post

Johnnie Cooks, Will Clark, Raffy, Jeff Malone and Bailey Howell are the greatest.
    I think it refers to recent times. Most don't even know about Jackie Parker, Jimmy Webb, Walter Packer, Ode Burrell, etc.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash

These polls are just for fun; you can't really compare players/teams from different generations. Kinda like the time value of money. Money today always worth more than money years away. The more recent players always get the nod on these things.

Been lots of great Bulldogs over the years. The final are two good ones; boy there are a lot to choose from.

vCash

It's fan favorite obviously. I love Jake and what he did for our program and university, and will forever be grateful, but he's not even in the top two best baseball players, much less best ever to play any sport. But I get it. Dak shouldn't have been in the finals either. But again, love him and watch him every Sunday and hope he ends up in canton.

vCash
    I voted the whole time for who I thought was actually the better player, and the person I voted for was the loser at least half the time.

vCash
    Goodness, are we really debating this?
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    This stuff is pointless. I guess people are bored.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    This stuff is pointless. I guess people are bored.
    A global pandemic will do that..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Goodness, are we really debating this?
    Hahaha. If all people to complain about someone debating something... that's comical from you.

vCash
    Come on people---based on MSU accomplishments and Pro accomplishments--the 2 People are Raffy and Bailey---no even close for anyone else--Yet.

vCash
    It's Dak, and it's not really close.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    It's Dak, and it's not really close.
    This.

I can't believe people are actually arguing against this.

Wild world we live in

I guess if Rosebowl says we're a baseball school enough times people will actually believe it
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    This.

I can't believe people are actually arguing against this.

Wild world we live in

I guess if Rosebowl says we're a baseball school enough times people will actually believe it

was Dak and all=american--No. Hell-Palmero-was a triple crown-all-american who has top 5 ever numbers in MLB. Dak had one really good year at MSU and one really good year at Dallas

Bailey was a several times All-American and all pro.

Maybe Dak in ten years will be #1 but for Me He is just in top 5.

vCash
    Who has the biggest name? Who is most in the limelight?

Who gave State the biggest national attention we've ever had? Who made us a household name?

Who has relentlessly repped State and put us in the limelight? Who do people know and associate with Mississippi State immediately?

Who was sitting in the stands of maybe our biggest single spotlighted sporting event losing his mind rooting for Mississippi State even while he was the Dallas Cowboys' starting QB?

You can make an argument that others were better in their respective sports, sure. We've had some incredible athletes come through. But when you combine success, what he meant to the university, national name and platform, and how hard he continues to rep State at all times, it's not close. Not for a second.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    was Dak and all=american--No. Hell-Palmero-was a triple crown-all-american who has top 5 ever numbers in MLB. Dak had one really good year at MSU and one really good year at Dallas

Bailey was a several times All-American and all pro.

Maybe Dak in ten years will be #1 but for Me He is just in top 5.
    If you think Dak had only one "really good" year at State and one in Dallas you need to reassess your definition of "really good".

He was really good at State in 2013, especially considering the injury and personal tragedy he dealt with. He was great in 2014 & 2015, probably the two best years by a State QB ever.

In Dallas his numbers were down and he was just okay his second year and they missed the playoffs, but he was great as a rookie, great this past year and was really good his third year that included a playoff win against Seattle.

You can put him barely in your top 5 or out of your top 20, it's your opinion. But it's hard to take you seriously when you say he only had one really good year at State and in Dallas.