Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Absolute Insanity to Me that MSU Doesn't Use it's Best Logo For Highest Rated Sport..

vCash

Absolute Insanity to Me that MSU Doesn't Use it's Best Logo For Highest Rated Sport..

This is something that I will never understand as long as I live....

What if I told you that MSU had an awesome helmet logo that is nationally recognizable & would build our brand?

What if that logo already carried with it prestige, respect, & the brand of winning?

I get that the M over S is the baseball logo, but it has so much more potential. It's the best logo the school has ever created & is associated with winning.

Absolute insanity to not use it on our helmets & as the main athletic logo. Absolute insanity... to me the people that just want to keep this logo for baseball are beyond small minded & can't see the bigger picture that's right in front of their face.

Baseball deserves it's own logo? WTH does that mean & why? Why are we trying to separate sports & brands? Why would any MSU baseball player or fan care if the baseball team has it's own logo?

Just absolute insanity & small minded.

CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Would it even look good on the side of a helmet? It is small and fits the front of a hat. Not sure bout a helmet. Does any stacked logo look good on a helmet?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Would it even look good on the side of a helmet? It is small and fits the front of a hat. Not sure bout a helmet. Does any stacked logo look good on a helmet?
    It would look absolutely fantastic if it were the right size on the side of the helmet. Fantastic.

To me, keeping the best school logo for one lower rated sport is peak Mittittippi Tate thinking

vCash

vCash
    Maybe the football and basketball team can wear the 1985 baseball uniforms too.

vCash
    Baylor and OK aren't stacked, NC and auburn look good to me. They are wider than the M over S though, so might would have to widen the narrowness of the M over S.

If we ever go with only one logo, this would be a Lot better idea than templeton trying to do away with the M over S and change baseball to what football had in 07. Thank goodness Polk put his foot down on that one.

vCash
    You've got your baseball purists who will always say hell no, but the fact is, it's our best looking logo and would look good on a helmet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Baylor and OK aren't stacked, NC and auburn look good to me. They are wider than the M over S though, so might would have to widen the narrowness of the M over S.

If we ever go with only one logo, this would be a Lot better idea than templeton trying to do away with the M over S and change baseball to what football had in 07. Thank goodness Polk put his foot down on that one.
    Correct. Making it the right size and confirming the helmet is the most important part.

It'll look fantastic.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 05-16-2020 at 03:18 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    You've got your baseball purists who will always say hell no, but the fact is, it's our best looking logo and would look good on a helmet.
    Exactly.

It's funny Georgia and Auburn football both let their baseball teams wear their logo

Or how about Kentucky and Duke basketball letting their baseball team wear their logo?

You know why they do that? Because they want the best brand to be represent the school

Stop the insanity
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 05-16-2020 at 03:05 PM.

vCash
    Personal preference- I would rather see an interlocking MSU on the helmet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The M over S is a better logo than the interlocking.

The interlocking just happens to be far better than what we currently have.

The M over S is BY FAR the sharpest logo we've ever had.

vCash
    Whether the logo would look good on a helmet or not is an opinion up for debate. I think it could look okay and maybe better than what we have if done right, but not just overwhelming better than what we have. I think most people would agree that "State" is part of our brand, at least regionally, so I like that it's clearly stated within the main logo. I know there are split opinions on that logo, which is fine. All that aside...

College baseball, even our program, is very much a niche market and has very limited influence on the college football market. On the other hand football would absolutely dilute the powerful brand we've built for baseball within that niche market.

We have to be honest with ourselves, our football brand is not on par with our baseball brand. It's just not. And that's not "poor missippi state" it's just marketing truth. You don't dilute a successful niche brand with a larger more generic brand. You keep calling it insanity, but's really just smart marketing.

It would be like if Levi bought Patagonia and started calling all their jeans and other denim crap Patagonia. That's not really going to help the legacy Levi brand but surely you can see how this would dilute Patagonia.

Lastly, most of our fans buy gear with both logos and would probably buy less gear overall if we only had one logo. I know I would. I don't think our marketing people are interested in people buying LESS gear. At least I sure hope not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    Whether the logo would look good on a helmet or not is an opinion up for debate. I think it could look okay and maybe better than what we have if done right, but not just overwhelming better than what we have. I think most people would agree that "State" is part of our brand, at least regionally, so I like that it's clearly stated within the main logo. I know there are split opinions on that logo, which is fine. All that aside...

College baseball, even our program, is very much a niche market and has very limited influence on the college football market. On the other hand football would absolutely dilute the powerful brand we've built for baseball within that niche market.

We have to be honest with ourselves, our football brand is not on par with our baseball brand. It's just not. And that's not "poor missippi state" it's just marketing truth. You don't dilute a successful niche brand with a larger more generic brand. You keep calling it insanity, but's really just smart marketing.

It would be like if Levi bought Patagonia and started calling all their jeans and other denim crap Patagonia. That's not really going to help the legacy Levi brand but surely you can see how this would dilute Patagonia.

Lastly, most of our fans buy gear with both logos and would probably buy less gear overall if we only had one logo. I know I would. I don't think our marketing people are interested in people buying LESS gear. At least I sure hope not.
    Boy, I big time disagree that's using the M over S for football would dilute the baseball brand.

Big time disagree with that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Boy, I big time disagree that's using the M over S for football would dilute the baseball brand.

Big time disagree with that
    From an awareness standpoint, you are right.

From a success/natty contender yearly standpoint, he is right.

vCash
    Isn?t there a poster that likes to create examples of different uniforms and logos? Maybe I?m getting my boards mixed up. However surely he could do some to show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Same. I do not think the baseball logo looks good on a helmet. And I like that we have our own unique logo for baseball. Larry Templeton tried to get rid of it, but we are able to fight off him and the consultants.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post

This is absolutely correct

vCash
    I don't like MS on a football helmet. Not as it is anyway.

vCash
    Paging ChillyBilly. We need the mock up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I don't like MS on a football helmet. Not as it is anyway.
    When have you seen it correctly sized?