Thread: Weekend C&D - Long Forgotten Edition

vCash

Weekend C&D - Long Forgotten Edition

We haven't had one of these in a while...

Caught a few nice trout yesterday and had some leftover crawfish tails from a recent boil. So, speckled trout with a crawfish cream sauce over rice. A few peronis during the process helped it get done properly as well.

Hope everyone else has something good going this weekend.

vCash
    Badass. Glad you started this. Good to see trout your way and that spillway hopefully closing. I’m probably cooking tomorrow so I’ll check back in

vCash
    Nice. Going something similar tonight. Been 3 times in the last couple weeks and brought home some good trout each time, and caught tons of Louisiana vacationers. Weather sucked for most of this week, surprised you got a good window yesterday.
    Caught some shrimp with a cast net last time out, so I?m doing a shrimp cream sauce over angle hair and blackened trout this evening.
    What did you catch them on? Voodoo shrimp and gulp shrimp is the only think I?ve used and it?s all been under a cork. Caught a few on early morning top water bite with a skitterwalk

vCash
    No good window. It was windy as all hell, but I had to get out.
    Yep, lots of 14.5" trout. All caught on a purple/chrome jerk bait that I have had for 15+ years. No idea what brand it is and has no markings, but it catches a lot of trout every spring.

vCash
    We’re doing taco night at in-laws. Mil and bil birthday. Bunch of tequila. I made some corn salsa for tonight. Fresh cilantro, lime, garlic, jalape?o, onion, salt, and canned sweet corn.

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    We're making pizzas tonight. Dough balls from a place close to our house, then prosciutto, pineapple, and onions.

Since my weekdays aren't all that different from my weekends at this point, I'll include my first sous vide steak, which I did on Thursday. Super easy as advertised. Two frozen strips in the water for 90 minutes, then one minute per side in a hot iron skillet.

vCash
    That steak looks killer!

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeckleDawg View Post
    That steak looks killer!
    Thanks, dude. Easiest one I've ever made, that's for sure. Not sure how much credit I can take, what with some gizmo doing 99% of the cooking while I milled around the house. If you're hip to 90's era Simpsons, this sums it up:

vCash
    Good work on that steak prediction pain. Last night was fun. Tacos, tequila, and UFC is tough to beat.

Took the kiddos to the lake to catch some panfish. My son who is 3 1/2 caught 2 all by himself with my ultra light. Those were his first 100% solo fish. Previously I hook them then hand him the rod and he reels them in. I’ve decided this summer I’m targeting catfish from the yak at night so I’m starting a frozen bait collection.

Tonight for dinner we had tomato and corn linguine. It’s also has pesto. It’s a dish a restaurant named Mick’s in Atlanta used to serve and my dad worked for them. Every now and then we’ll whip it up. Easy, quick, fresh pasta dish.