Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $175 million for 5 years....

vCash

$175 million for 5 years....

$106 million guaranteed. If so Dak I sure hope you sign and get this behind!

vCash
    Where are you getting this information?

vCash
    it's not about the money. Dak wants 4 years, not 5.

There is a new NFL CBA in 4 years & Dak wants to benefit from that because the salary cap is expected to rise considerably.

The Cowboys want to lock him in to where he can't get another contract.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Where are you getting this information?
    Maroon Madness posted it.

vCash
    If that number is correct then WOW.

I do get that they are basically arguing over 1 year but DANG, that’s a lot of money!

vCash
    If Dak is waiting on a 4 year plan because of a contract increase in 5 years seems risky. Injuries occur, what if he gets hurt, what if he doesn't lead his team in playoffs to victories, what if he doesn't get along with the new Coach. A guaranteed $106 million contract is what is important plus it seems to me $35 million per is a great deal in today's market. Who knows what the future will bring.

I don't understand if this is true (contract) but take the contract and sign it!

vCash
    If he goes ahead and signs without it getting ugly, he stands to make very good money on endorsements...

vCash
    I'll say this, I was all for him signing it. With how they've done him, I think that he should do what's best for him. I'm sure that he'd have signed five last year but they paid their rb instead. Dak bet on himself and Dak's agents are making the cowboys to pay for letting that happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    I'll say this, I was all for him signing it. With how they've done him, I think that he should do what's best for him. I'm sure that he'd have signed five last year but they paid their rb instead. Dak bet on himself and Dak's agents are making the cowboys to pay for letting that happen.
    35 a year is way more than fair

vCash
    A five year contract may not be a bad deal. At the beginning of the next big salary cap increase, there will be several record-breaking QB contracts. It might be beneficial to let that happen so that Dak can base his third contract on those.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Dallas screwed up last year by not giving him an extension then. Dak is in the drivers seat and they know it. He is making north of $30 million a year now on endorsements alone.

vCash
    With Houston talking of paying Watson $40M and Mahomes possibly commanding $50M, Dak can work off the tag at $31.5 M and command $40M+ next couple years. Up to him if he takes less.
    Of course, the unknown is the virus and economic issues from it. I'm leaning more toward the tag now because of that, but Dak will be fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    Dallas screwed up last year by not giving him an extension then. Dak is in the drivers seat and they know it. He is making north of $30 million a year now on endorsements alone.
    That really seems to be much more than I would have believed.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    That really seems to be much more than I would have believed.
    Because it's not the actual #. That # was written about last year before the season as what he can make if he played out his rookie deal but the original article was that it included endorsements and a large insurance policy. SO that is only if he gets hurt and can't play again.#s for actual endorsements I've seen mostly estimate $5 to $8 mil. I've seen $10 mil max.

vCash
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    it's not about the money. Dak wants 4 years, not 5.

There is a new NFL CBA in 4 years & Dak wants to benefit from that because the salary cap is expected to rise considerably.

The Cowboys want to lock him in to where he can't get another contract.
    I'm not so sure the advertising money is going to continue to grow at the same rate....my daughter is a senior marketing officer at one of the the big three cell phone companies and they are completely changing how they market...they are getting away from the traditional venues and going toward digital data driven targeted marketing.... with the amount of cord cutting is going on, you will see a massive shift away from the scattered broadcast approach and a move toward personalized marketing messages delivered to your phone And tablet...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Wow... that number is no where close to that at another organization

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    That?s the actual number. I didn?t want to post it because people would flip out. Jerry knows the figure and he is trying to use it against Dak in negotiations. Dak would take less money for a 4 year deal from the Cowboys but for some reason Jerry doesn?t want to do it. The word is Dak?s agent put a offer out of $85 million guaranteed with a total value with bonuses up to $150 million over 4 years and Jerry said no.

vCash
    5 year deal puts Dak in damn good place but so does just about every other scenario. If he walked away right now after making the endorsment monies the last few years, he would be a wealthy man for the rest of his life unless he gets stupid with it.

If he bets on himself and signs the franchise tag, even if he bombs and they kick out of the league after this year, he will still make north of 80 million this year alone. He fine, don't worry about his money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    That?s the actual number. I didn?t want to post it because people would flip out. Jerry knows the figure and he is trying to use it against Dak in negotiations. Dak would take less money for a 4 year deal from the Cowboys but for some reason Jerry doesn?t want to do it. The word is Dak?s agent put a offer out of $85 million guaranteed with a total value with bonuses up to $150 million over 4 years and Jerry said no.
    If you read more than the title of that article that # includes insurance which I guarantee you is the largest portion of it by alot
    "Prescott has taken out loss-of-value and disability insurance policies that will compensate him in the event of a career-ending injury.

Taken together, Prescott?s endorsement deals and insurance policies are worth more than $50 million, ESPN reported, citing league sources familiar with the matter."

So multiple insurance policies. What do you think insurance taken out for compensation of an entire career lost as an NFL QB is worth?