Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $175 million for 5 years....

vCash
    so in 2017 he was making $2.5 million and in 3 years he jumped to $30 or $50 mil in endorsements? No.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...e-s-nfl-salary

Y'all act like this man has his own shoe.

vCash
    He can do whatever he wants. Its his life and I'm in no place to judge these decisions surrounding his deal. I can't feel sorry for him though. He will have enough money to do whatever he and his family want for the rest of their life regardless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonBelle View Post
    so in 2017 he was making $2.5 million and in 3 years he jumped to $30 or $50 mil in endorsements? No.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...e-s-nfl-salary

Y'all act like this man has his own shoe.
    Yep. He isn't even in the Top 10 on endorsements. As of February, Matt Ryan was 10th at 5 million a year. I think Beckham was 1st at around 26 million.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    If Dak is waiting on a 4 year plan because of a contract increase in 5 years seems risky. Injuries occur, what if he gets hurt, what if he doesn't lead his team in playoffs to victories, what if he doesn't get along with the new Coach. A guaranteed $106 million contract is what is important plus it seems to me $35 million per is a great deal in today's market. Who knows what the future will bring.

I don't understand if this is true (contract) but take the contract and sign it!
    Agree he needs to sign this and move on. This is about to turn ugly and he may get traded and his career could tank fast. Sign it and go have an All Pro, HOF type career. I hope Dak has some good advisers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Agree he needs to sign this and move on. This is about to turn ugly and he may get traded and his career could tank fast. Sign it and go have an All Pro, HOF type career. I hope Dak has some good advisers.
    Agree, I just talked to a friend, I ask him what Dak would be worth at Cleveland? Also JJ is crazy, I can see him not giving in , he has a backup plan. If Dak’s backup plan is to sit out then I think he will be gone. Also if he plays as franchise player money, I hope they make the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Agree, I just talked to a friend, I ask him what Dak would be worth at Cleveland? Also JJ is crazy, I can see him not giving in , he has a backup plan. If Dak’s backup plan is to sit out then I think he will be gone. Also if he plays as franchise player money, I hope they make the Super Bowl.
    Jones did this same thing with Elliot. Just let it play out. I'm sure Dak's people know what they're doing.

vCash
    This story is no where to be found on any of the Dallas news outlets. With the franchise tag on Dak he is guaranteed $31.4M per year. The rumor is that he wants a 4 year deal of $35M a year which would place him as the top paid QB in the league.

vCash
    Some of you guys need to get those maroon shades off. I love Dak but no way he's worth 35 million/yr. He's not Russell Wilson and definitely not an Aaron Rodgers. Take that number down a few million and that's his *current* ballpark. If he was indeed offered that type of money for 5 years then you take it. The longer this drags out the more it looks bad for Dak. With the draft the Cowboys just had he has an exciting future ahead if he just takes the money and from what it appears he's been offered a lot more that what is fair.

vCash
    $106 million guaranteed. If so Dak I sure hope you sign and get this behind!
    Less in guaranteed money than the 4 year deal of Goff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Less in guaranteed money than the 4 year deal of Goff.
    Well Goff did sigh that deal coming off a super bowl appearance, and I'm sure the rams are sorta worried about that deal right now after last season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    Some of you guys need to get those maroon shades off. I love Dak but no way he's worth 35 million/yr. He's not Russell Wilson and definitely not an Aaron Rodgers. Take that number down a few million and that's his *current* ballpark. If he was indeed offered that type of money for 5 years then you take it. The longer this drags out the more it looks bad for Dak. With the draft the Cowboys just had he has an exciting future ahead if he just takes the money and from what it appears he's been offered a lot more that what is fair.
    You need to understand that it isn't that he isn't Wilson or Rodgers, he is the top QB on the market. Kirk Cousins got a 3 year deal for $90 Mil fully guaranteed. Goff and Wentz both signed 4 year deals that used their 5th year of their rookie deal to make it a 5 year deal. Dallas wants to get the benefit of Dak being a first round pick without paying him the extra 20M or so that goes with the first contract.

As far as Dak's play, people talk about Watson getting 40 Mil but Dak's stats are almost identical only Dak hasn't had Hopkins to throw to. Cooper was great in 2018 but mediocre all last year. His great OLINE was only truly great his first year, since then they are at best average and sometimes shitty. Martin is the only guy left that plays at a Pro Bowl level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Well Goff did sigh that deal coming off a super bowl appearance, and I'm sure the rams are sorta worried about that deal right now after last season.
    Wentz got almost the same deal. Neither of those guys are better than Dak in any stat except Goff in Playoff wins. Goff also has a high level play caller and Dak had a shit play caller until last year. Even then Garrett would 17 it up at times.

Dak is doing what every Pro Bowl level QB has done, try to push up the ceiling for the next guy. Dak also doesn't want to give away the 5th year at a discount. Dallas should have paid him before last year. I imagine they really didn't expect him to have the best season in Cowboys history last year.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Coach34;1249721]https://www.foxbusiness.com/features...wboys-contract

This says he makes around 50MM[/QUOTE

I wonder how long those endorsement deals are for? He isn't making that every year.