Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stewart Reese is in the portal

vCash
    It's a loss but idk how big of a loss it is. There are other positions that a departure would hurt more but Lashley is going to have to step up along with . There was clear tampering here. Anyone with a brain who can put 2 & 2 together knows that. Can it be proven? No, probably not.

Now that we're at 82 with a spot to use, my first priority would be WR. Keep eyes on the portal until June & if an impactful, immediately eligible WR jumps in, grab him. I think that is the 1 single thing on offense that could hold us back from having a solid offense to being a lethal offense. Could honestly be the difference in a game, maybe 2.

If a big-time CB jumps in the portal that you can't pass up before a solid WR option jumps in the portal, then grab him up. I still think WR would be the 1 spot I'd add someone at but we could sure use another impact CB for next season too.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    I see Reese caring more about his family than Florida being the bad cop in this situation. I think it hurts us in depth not so much as a starter, in saying that I hate he is leaving. He may not have handled things the way we would have, but maybe he didn't want to let the "cat" out of the bag until he knew Florida was gonna accept him. I don't think it's that big of a deal since he graduated.

It's college football, nothing is surprising now days.

vCash
    One other thing, can I get a "Rosebowl was wrong" T-shirt?***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    and likely a much better chance to play in an SEC championship game than we have in the West with Bama and others..
    Awe.... here we go an Mittittippi Tate "I understand" guy
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    One other thing, can I get a "Rosebowl was 17ing wrong" T-shirt?***
    FIFY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    His pass pro at guard wasn't near as big a problem as at tackle.
    I agree. And guard is one of the easiest spots to replace on an offensive line. I felt bad for him having to play out of position like that because of Hevesy's lazy recruiting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Awe.... here we go an Mittittippi Tate "I understand" guy
    Good grief Shotgun, if you've read my posts you know I'm far from a poor ol' MSU guy. I was just trying to put out there Reese's probable thinking given our coaching staff is brand new here with no real relationship with the players while he has a brother and his former coaching staff down there. I'm certainly not OK with it but not much you can do with a guy who has already graduated. And yes, it is still much easier to win the East than the West. That is just a fact.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    His pass pro at guard wasn't near as big a problem as at tackle.
    Are we sure Lashley can play guard?

vCash
    Jokes on him. We're not playing football this fall**

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Are we sure Lashley can play guard?
    Yea they think he can.

vCash
    Let him go. He's a grad transfer and can move on. He wants to play with his brother- how do you blame him?

You cant be pissed about Reese and at the same time giggle with glee when Plastic Man or Costello transfers in. It's all the same.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    FIFY
    You forgot to add "again"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    Jokes on him. We're not playing football this fall**
    Lol rep given!

vCash
    This season is going to be so ****ed up anyway, and in so many ways. I guess a silver lining would be for one kid to get to play a game with his brother in college.

vCash
    One thing that kind of pisses me off on the other end of this is how aggressive Mullen has been in the transfer portal since getting to FL, yet he did hardly any of that at MSU.

Again, he's a really really good coach, but we got a 70% effort

vCash
    The portal didn't start til 2019. How was Mullen going to use it here?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Let him go. He's a grad transfer and can move on. He wants to play with his brother- how do you blame him?

You cant be pissed about Reese and at the same time giggle with glee when Plastic Man or Costello transfers in. It's all the same.
    Get that rational bullshit out of here.

If you want rational arguments, you have come to the wrong place.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    The portal didn't start til 2019. How was Mullen going to use it here?
    Huh? I thought it has been around longer than that. Maybe the current form of it but the rules have been relaxed for a few years before that even as far as the grad transfer market goes I'm pretty sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Huh? I thought it has been around longer than that. Maybe the current form of it but the rules have been relaxed for a few years before that even as far as the grad transfer market goes I'm pretty sure.
    The transfer portal I guess has made it easier for communication with players that want to transfer but there were plenty of grad transfers and regular transfers way before the portal came into existence. I mean heck, who can forget the one year wonder of Jeremiah Masoli as a grad transfer at OM?

vCash
    The transfer portal I guess has made it easier for communication with players that want to transfer but there were plenty of grad transfers and regular transfers way before the portal came into existence. I mean heck, who can forget the one year wonder of Jeremiah Masoli as a grad transfer at OM?

Yeah used to you had to make up stuff to get people to transfer- like Ole Miss making sure that Masoli was going to be a park ranger or something so that they could pick him up. LOL. What a disaster for them that was!