The rumors were true.

vCash
    Peace out. Let’s go, Lashley!

vCash
    Tell us what you think shotgun

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    The rumors were true.
    Or course they were. They usually are no matter how hard the 247 guys deny them.

Oh well, we'll be fine.

Selfishly, it's crazy to me that the SEC allows this in conference, but the rules are the rules.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Tell us what you think shotgun
    I think it's horseshit & clear tampering that can't be proven.

I also think the quarantine is really doing a number on us due to kids sitting at home.

I wish there was some recourse as this doesn't feel right IMO

The fact that the Florida message board moderators knew so much more about this than our people is ridiculous & shows clear tampering.

A SR starter just walked out on his teammates.

If anyone says the MSU company line "I understand" then 17 you. It's ridiculous
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 05-14-2020 at 01:50 PM.

vCash
    That sucks.

vCash
    I was told Reese didn't like Hevesy, but I guess he's willing to deal with that to play in his home state with his brother.

vCash
    Yeah, this is a loop in the process. No way to prove anything, but you can bet Mullen communicated with him through the little brother.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Yeah, this is a loop in the process. No way to prove anything, but you can bet Mullen communicated with him through the little brother.
    Absolutely he did.

the kid sat in on MSU position Zoom calls every day while telling the Florida staff he was transferring.

Just absurd. Even the Florida 247 writers mentioned that they were worried about tampering here

yet again though, I fully expect our admin to roll over & do nothing while a blue blood just steals a starting player.

If this situation were in reverse, would Florida call foul?

vCash
    We have got the nicest fans in the world & I just can't bring myself to get on board with that attitude.

Have a competitive bone in your body...

vCash
    I will say this extended time at home does everyone no favors. A lot of these kids are stuck in the house with dads, uncles, and cousins who get in their ear and fill it with nonsense.

Not saying that's what happened with Reese at all, bc he has ties to Florida

vCash
    Does open us up for another grad transfer?

I need to see who replaces him before deciding if it helps or hurts us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

Scott Lashley likely moves inside.

The transfer portal giveth, and the transfer portal taketh away.

Brandon Cunningham will also likely get reps

vCash
    the big beneficiary to this is Scott Lashely. There's probably a party in West Point today

I hate to loose Reese's experience, but maybe Lashely is more talented.

vCash
    I think it's horseshit & clear tampering that can't be proven.

I also think the quarantine is really doing a number on us due to kids sitting at home.

I wish there was some recourse as this doesn't feel right IMO

The fact that the Florida message board moderators knew so much more about this than our people is ridiculous & shows clear tampering.

A SR starter just walked out on his teammates.

If anyone says the MSU company line "I understand" then 17 you. It's ridiculous
    OK Gun ... I'm starting to come around to your train of thought .... How many Seniors that were 3 year starters have transferred in the past ... for ANY school. I'm sure it's happened before but there has to be a heck of a reason ... I don't know if Mullen is sticking it to us or if the guy just wants out or if Florida boosters are behind this but this absolutely stinks ..... can we make him sit a year ?
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Scott Lashley likely moves inside.

The transfer portal giveth, and the transfer portal taketh away.

Brandon Channing will also likely get reps
    Yeah, I'm curious if this allows us to go out & acquire a DB or WR?

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash

It hurts there's no way around it. Can he be replaced? Yea of course but MSU hasn't made it to the level of just losing a starter & it not having any effect. The issue just like with Lovett isn't the person immediately coming behind these 2. I think Pickering & Lashley can do the job. The problem is it hurts your depth & we don't have that great depth where a starter can be lost & we just move on unscathed.

To answer your question we are now 1 under our 83 limit so yes we could add a grad transfer. The question is if OL is the most pressing need. You can make an argument that CB or even WR are more needed right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    OK Gun ... I'm starting to come around to your train of thought .... How many Seniors that were 3 year starters have transferred in the past ... for ANY school. I'm sure it's happened before but there has to be a heck of a reason ... I don't know if Mullen is sticking it to us or if the guy just wants out or if Florida boosters are behind this but this absolutely stinks ..... can we make him sit a year ?
    He's a grad transfer I believe.

It's these types of situations that makes the free transfer policy the NCAA is considering impossible.

Everyone understands when players transfer for playing time reasons, but not this type of reason. The two schools should have to agree on the transfer & I can't imagine MSU would agree to this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    You can make an argument that CB or even WR are more needed right now.
    I agree &, if we're able to land a functional player at one those positions, this could be a net positive for this season.

I mean, it's possible that our coaching staff didn't try to convince Stew to stay all that much because they may not have loved him on film & may have an idea of a player, maybe a Wazzou guy or someone else, that they'd rather get as a grad transfer

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    I agree &, if we're able to land a functional player at one those positions, this could be a net positive for this season.

I mean, it's possible that our coaching staff didn't try to convince Stew to stay all that much because they may not have loved him on film & may have an idea of a player, maybe a Wazzou guy or someone else, that they'd rather get as a grad transfer
    The staff liked Stewart & he would've started. He's a quiet hard-working intelligent kid. Type of kid any staff likes. It sucks he's leaving but this isn't a kid getting pushed out or who was unhappy. He's just going back home to play with his brother in front of his parents & now they don't have to split time going to half Florida & half MSU games.