Quote Originally Posted by dawgman View Post
Sorry I was not clear. Auto photo in my post meant autographed photo. It is peculiar that this is the photo of choice that Boyer uses for autographs. Your post reminded me that I was on assignment in New York state in 1994 and worked the Cooperstown area. I went to Cooperstown numerous times and got autographs from Orlando Cepeda and Warren Spahn. Both were extremely generous with their time. Spahn had a pack of cigarettes in his shirt pocket and smelled like a chimney. There is a reason Cepeda was known as the baby bull. He was a very large man and Spahn was not small. I also became acquainted with a man that lived in a house around Doubleday field. He had black and white photos of the original opening ceremonies with Babe Ruth walking down the main street which was a dirt road back then. The photo album had at least 40 photos in it. Back when the Hall of Fame was opened, there was not an official photographer hired so these photos are the only ones known in existence. The Hall of Fame used these photos in a 50th (I believe) anniversary celebration.
That's a great story. Some of those old guys were very generous with their time. I've got a pretty solid collection beyond the 1961 Yankees I mentioned earlier.
My baseball collection includes Stan Musial, Willie Mays, Duke Snider, Mantle, Bob Feller, Early Winn, Bob Lemon, Roger Clemens, Rickey Henderson, Bruce Sutter, & Dale Murphy.
Mays was a jerk - just grunted, never made eye contact. Musial, and Feller were the nicest. They took time to engage with people - especially kids.

Non-baseball, I've got Herschel Walker, Vince Dooley, Dominique Wilkins, Pete Buck from REM, the original lineup of Govt. Mule (Warren Haynes, Matt Abts, & Allen Woody) and a guitar pick from Dickey Betts given to me at the ABB show at MSU in '94,

I'm hoping to reno our family room later this year. When I do, I have a ticket stub from every sporting event or concert I've ever been to going back to the 1981 Ga/Ga Tech football game. I'm going to frame them, some of my MSU schedule posters, and some nice prints of MSU related newspaper headlines (and the Dak SI cover). My wife has the rest of the house, this is my sports room.