Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: We're not going to play football this fall **!!!!**

vCash
    delete

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Look at how the lines connect man and the values before. You are reading it wrong. Good grief.
    whatever. Carry on.

vCash
    Nobody is saying stay shut down forever. We need to open up, but it needs to be done carefully. I think government is trying to do that. The people I see around my area are NOT doing that. There are people on here who obviously aren't.
    Ok, but the fear mongering by the media and people scared to move need mental help. The constant attack on leadership about every decision has to stop. No one knows exactly what will happen and the perfect move. The constant daily attack and gloom and doom though is making things worse.

Another movie line from Saving Private Ryan. They are on Omaha Beach and getting killed. Solder asked Hanks, where do we go now. He says anywhere but here.

We gotta get moving and do best we can to mitigate; we'll deal with the next hurdle when it gets here.

Fauci and other Drs. only have a word about health stuff not anything else about needing to keeping everyone shut in. They don't doctor the economy patient or feed any of America. They are overstepping their bounds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Ok, but the fear mongering by the media and people scared to move need mental help. The constant attack on leadership about every decision has to stop. No one knows exactly what will happen and the perfect move. The constant daily attack and gloom and doom though is making things worse.

Another movie line from Saving Private Ryan. They are on Omaha Beach and getting killed. Solder asked Hanks, where do we go now. He says anywhere but here.

We gotta get moving and do best we can to mitigate; we'll deal with the next hurdle when it gets here.

Fauci and other Drs. only have a word about health stuff not anything else about needing to keeping everyone shut in. They don't doctor the economy patient or feed any of America. They are overstepping their bounds.
    Amen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post

Oh but the open it up damn the torpedoes people are equally as stupid, and even more self cetered and selfish. There has to be a balance.

vCash
    Oh but the open it up damn the torpedoes people are equally as stupid, and even more self cetered and selfish. There has to be a balance.
    Worked for Farragut.

vCash
    Torpedoes weren't contagious. Disease killed more than bullets in the Civil War by the way, WAY more. No vaccines or treatments then either.

vCash
    Those were tough folks back then. Every time someone died they didn't make a new law to try and keep it from ever happening again either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Those were tough folks back then. Every time someone died they didn't make a new law to try and keep it from ever happening again either.
    You need to read up a bit. They absolutely did. It was the age of discovery in sanitation and health. Your ignorance is showing.

vCash
    You need to read up a bit. They absolutely did. It was the age of discovery in sanitation and health. Your ignorance is showing.
    I said every time. Nowadays it's pert near every time. Part of the reasons lawyers are getting rich.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    whatever. Carry on.
    Look at it today. There is no confusion now.

vCash
    Torpedoes weren't contagious. Disease killed more than bullets in the Civil War by the way, WAY more. No vaccines or treatments then either.
    Torpedos, if they missed their primary target can "re-home" and find another target which could be the original sender, hence the term: Damn the torpedos, full speed ahead. Regardless if you are not perfectly aligned to shoot the primary target, you may be at risk if it is a miss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    Torpedos, if they missed their primary target can "re-home" and find another target which could be the original sender, hence the term: Damn the torpedos, full speed ahead. Regardless if you are not perfectly aligned to shoot the primary target, you may be at risk if it is a miss.
    Ehh .. we're talking stationary torpedoes during the Civil War. Sorta like land mines. And Union Admiral David Farragut issued that "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead" command during the Battle of Mobile in 1864.

ETA: To add something here. During the Civil War the South was I believe the 1st to produce an Ironclad warship, produced the 1st submarine to sink a warship, built an Ironclad out in the Wilderness near Yazoo City up the Yazoo River that lifted the 1st Siege of Vicksburg, and developed stationary torpedoes.

You wanna watch a good movie watch The Hunley. Those guys had big cahonas.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 05-16-2020 at 01:42 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Everyone that has common sense wants the re-opening to be phased. Even the President. But since we're talking about football I highly suspect that we will be in at worst phase two at that point since we're talking four months from now. High schools where I live are starting football practice/conditioning on June 8th.

The thing about social distancing, the economy, a "second wave"- which we don't know if it will even happen or not- the reality is we only can live in the present moment and make the best decision based on the circumstances at the present. If the economy and the country is about to fall apart and overall as a country things are improving from a flattening the curve standpoint and they are where I live the logical thing to do is to re-open using the guidelines set forth by the government. IF there is a second wave we will have to deal with it at that time. Re-opening the country in phases doesn't mean that PPE will stop being produced.

I can tell you at the hospital where I work that our vent population is now back to where it normally is on average. I can also tell you that the majority of people are surviving this- and I'm talking about exclusively the ones that are coming to the hospital and are on a vent at some point during their stay.
    A 2nd wave is beginning to form now in 8 of the 10 FEMA regions across the country. The spike could be from increased testing, but unfortunately the deaths look to be spiking too, which would indicate it's actually new growth and spread. Region 2 and 10 are flat lined (NY & WA areas). Every other region is spiking the last week. People are looking State to state without realizing national growth is surging in 8 or 10 regions.

Mississippi Drs are complaining about the precautions because they haven't seen it much yet. Just spoke with an ER doctor walking into work right now. He works New Orleans and in Miss. He said he's been explains to people in MS that this is a threat and they need to take precaution. Just a different mindset where you are because it hasn't been experienced first hand yet, at least not to the point where you're running out of rooms and capacity to serve those in need. Unfortunately, I think we're about to see a whole lot of that. A 2nd wave is absolutely coming. Might be in a week. Might be in the fall. But it is absolutely inevitable, unless you believe it'll just magically disappear?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    A 2nd wave is beginning to form now in 8 of the 10 FEMA regions across the country. The spike could be from increased testing, but unfortunately the deaths look to be spiking too, which would indicate it's actually new growth and spread. Region 2 and 10 are flat lined (NY & WA areas). Every other region is spiking the last week. People are looking State to state without realizing national growth is surging in 8 or 10 regions.

Mississippi Drs are complaining about the precautions because they haven't seen it much yet. Just spoke with an ER doctor walking into work right now. He works New Orleans and in Miss. He said he's been explains to people in MS that this is a threat and they need to take precaution. Just a different mindset where you are because it hasn't been experienced first hand yet, at least not to the point where you're running out of rooms and capacity to serve those in need. Unfortunately, I think we're about to see a whole lot of that. A 2nd wave is absolutely coming. Might be in a week. Might be in the fall. But it is absolutely inevitable, unless you believe it'll just magically disappear?
    IF there is a second wave I'd rather it be now concerning football season.

This isn't surprising to me as I fully expected cases to rise once things started to open up. Which was the entire point of flattening the curve in the first place. Until the media tried to move the goalposts anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    IF there is a second wave I'd rather it be now concerning football season.

This isn't surprising to me as I fully expected cases to rise once things started to open up. Which was the entire point of flattening the curve in the first place. Until the media tried to move the goalposts anyway.
    I'd rather it be now just because it will probably spread more slowly with warmer, more humid weather and people being outside more. Might naturally keep the spread at a point that doesn't overwhelm our healthcare system and put us in better position for the winter when conditions are more favorable to its spread.

vCash
    Look at it today. There is no confusion now.
    And the numbers are back down. Hospitalizations at lowest point in a month, icu back down to 141, and vents down 8% since yesterday. Hope it continues.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    And the numbers are back down. Hospitalizations at lowest point in a month, icu back down to 141, and vents down 8% since yesterday. Hope it continues.
    Best numbers in a while for sure. We actually have gone a couple of days here with no new cases. That's the first time that's happened since March.

vCash
    I guess we should hault people driving until the death total goes down because 1.25 million die each year in wrecks and that is selfish and self centered to want to continue driving while so many people are dying on our roads.**

Real talk though, it seems like most states are taking the correct precautions in opening up. There will without a doubt be a second wave and that is going to be part of it. But that second wave would come regardless of if we opened up now or in 3 months. Might as well get it over with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    whatever. Carry on.
    What are you guys looking at?