Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
IF there is a second wave I'd rather it be now concerning football season.

This isn't surprising to me as I fully expected cases to rise once things started to open up. Which was the entire point of flattening the curve in the first place. Until the media tried to move the goalposts anyway.
I agree with that too. I don't think the media really moved the goal post though. Some health experts were trying to for sure. I think the media was mostly citing the 14-day decline recommended by CDC before the easing of restrictions. "Follow the plan" seems like a logical stance until politics gets involved. Totally agree with you though that this is a wave and we're going to have to ride it, especially in the short term. Long term, we either get a vaccine or this is the new flu. Herd immunity only works for short periods of time typically. We don't know if it'll be 3-4-5-6 months of immunity or years worth of immunity. The "goal post" has to be bed space and ICU space, combined with PPE and ventilator availability. (E..g, Approaching 80%, lock down. Approaching 60%, <10 people gatherings. I don't know what the numbers should be, just an example). Problem is, we aren't putting together a national testing strategy and tracing strategy to help manage this. We're just winging it. That's pretty damn dumb considering we could be managing it with testing and tracing data.