Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Good Will Myles Brennan be for LSU?

vCash

How Good Will Myles Brennan be for LSU?

This is a huge question mark for them that isn't getting asked about enough.

Realistically, how good will he be?

They seem to believe they got something

"One of the top QBs in America" LOL. I must've missed that

[tweet2]1260732330513240064[/tweet2]
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    He might be pretty good but there was a reason they went and got burrow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trojandawg View Post
    He might be pretty good but there was a reason they went and got burrow.
    Brennan, himself...was LITERALLY the reason they went and got Burrow!

...his family does have some amazing restaurants though!!

vCash
    He's prolly somewhere 'tween Tyler Russell and John Parker Wilson,,,

ie - Not that great, but decent with good (surrounding) talent.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post

This all day

vCash
    He ain't no Joe Burrow. LSU takes a step back on offense next season.

vCash
    Brennan isn't good. He was never good. Signed because of who his family is

vCash
    Not saying Brennan will be good but ... going into last year everyone on this board thought Burrow sucked too.

ETA: However, if Brennan was our QB going into this year, he'd be the next Joe Montana like Tommy was last year ***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post

I think this is the right answer. He'll be serviceable
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Brennan was a high rated recruit and he had to benefit some from sitting behind Burrow. He might be a bust or good but there are a lot of factors working against him.

It is always tough following a legend. They also lost a ton of talent to go with Joe Brady leaving along with the DC. If LSU wins 10 or more then it shows that Coach O is better coach than a lot of people give him the credit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Brennan isn't good. He was never good. Signed because of who his family is
    False,

Kid was pretty electric in high school. I don't think teams offer kids scholarships on the basis of who the family is unless they are trying to sign a package deal of one really talented guy and one average guy. A good way to waste a scholarship on someone that doesn't need the scholarship to pay for school to begin with. They may offer a roster spot to the kid of a prominent family or booster but I don't see them giving away a scholarship to Brennan solely based on who his parents are, especially when they needed a QB. I mean when he was signed it wouldn't have made sense if they didn't really think he could potentially be a good QB. The QB room when he was signed was pretty bare.

The kid was a high 4* out of high school and the number 6 pro style QB in the country for his class. He had a decent offer sheet as well. He only broke about every passing record the state of MS had.

All this to say, he won't be Burrow or anything close but he will be serviceable and he will have some stud athletes to throw the ball to. I think LSU ends up a 9-3 or 10-2 team. The kicker IMO will be the Texas game early in the season. I think we'll have a good idea of what he'll look like after that game. I can say I wouldn't mind having him on our roster under Leach. I think he would do well in Leach's system.
    Last edited by BB30; 05-14-2020 at 09:58 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    False,

Kid was pretty electric in high school. I don't think teams offer kids scholarships on the basis of who the family is unless they are trying to sign a package deal of one really talented guy and one average guy. A good way to waste a scholarship on someone that doesn't need the scholarship to pay for school to begin with. They may offer a roster spot to the kid of a prominent family or booster but I don't see them giving away a scholarship to Brennan solely based on who his parents are, especially when they needed a QB. I mean when he was signed it wouldn't have made sense if they didn't really think he could potentially be a good QB. The QB room when he was signed was pretty bare.

The kid was a high 4* out of high school and the number 6 pro style QB in the country for his class. He had a decent offer sheet as well. He only broke about every passing record the state of MS had.

All this to say, he won't be Burrow or anything close but he will be serviceable and he will have some stud athletes to throw the ball to. I think LSU ends up a 9-3 or 10-2 team. The kicker IMO will be the Texas game early in the season. I think we'll have a good idea of what he'll look like after that game. I can say I wouldn't mind having him on our roster under Leach. I think he would do well in Leach's system.
    His ranking was propped up by an LSU offer given due to who he is. LSU has always struggled with quality QB play minus a guy here and there. Instate schools didn't push for him. I saw him several times and was never impressed. Favre was better.
    He's down to his last year and has never played much at all at LSU. You'll see this year. He's got to hope he can be a manager because the talent is limited.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Not saying Brennan will be good but ... going into last year everyone on this board thought Burrow sucked too.

ETA: However, if Brennan was our QB going into this year, he'd be the next Joe Montana like Tommy was last year ***
    Tommy did get drafted... just saying..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

Adequate. Nothing special. They learned a lot from Brady last year, probably enough to make Brennan better than he would've been had brady never come to LSU. They really simplified a lot of things last year. That can only help, provided the current staff retains what they learned last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Tommy did get drafted... just saying..
    Maybe he'll become the next Tom Brady then ... since he was drafted so low. Who knows yet ... he might can.
    I guess I'm kinda glad he wasn't Joe Montana last year cause if he had been we'd still be stuck with JoMo.

I think you know what my point was tho. Mainly I'm not sure we'll know till 4 or 5 games into the season about Brennan.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    If Joe Burrow had a 95 rating. Myles Brennan would be a 80.
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Brennan was a high rated recruit and he had to benefit some from sitting behind Burrow. He might be a bust or good but there are a lot of factors working against him.

It is always tough following a legend. They also lost a ton of talent to go with Joe Brady leaving along with the DC. If LSU wins 10 or more then it shows that Coach O is better coach than a lot of people give him the credit.
    He didn't get an offer from us or TSUN.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    He didn't get an offer from us or TSUN.
    Can't speak for OM but he didn't fit what we were doing at the time at all. Just wasn't a good fit for us. Minshew didn't have offers from the in state schools either and he panned out alright.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    Can't speak for OM but he didn't fit what we were doing at the time at all. Just wasn't a good fit for us. Minshew didn't have offers from the in state schools either and he panned out alright.
    He changed schools multiple times though. He didn't sit and get beat out every year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

Depends on his Oline. He is smart and can make quick decisions but he can be snapped in half very easily.