Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: California State Colleges Closed Through Fall Semester...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    This is just the Cal State system.

Does not affect UCLA or Cal as they are in a separate system.
    Correct. Only effects San Diego State & Fresno State

Since Arnett coached at San Diego State though, if there is anyone on that defense that can play for us, you'd think we'd be a legit option
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    We'll have SEC football. Only question is if the schedule will be all SEC teams or the regular schedule.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Correct. Only effects San Diego State & Fresno State

Since Arnett coached at San Diego State though, if there is anyone on that defense that can play for us, you'd think we'd be a legit option
    Wow! I would think the fans, students, coaches, administration etc. will be demanding to resume classes, and hence sports, if the rest of the US colleges do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    We probabaly won't be playing either. Y'all just need to get ready for that.
    I semi-expected that from you. Actually I expected for you to include "It won't matter anyways because we likely won't make a bowl."

vCash
    we should all just wait to see what the Ivy League schools decide. They were right on the front end.

vCash
    This statement is not meant as an attack on any certain party but I would imagine that most "blue states" will follow suit and close campuses for the fall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    This statement is not meant as an attack on any certain party but I would imagine that most "blue states" will follow suit and close campuses for the fall.
    Plus, Blue states will be demandIng Federal $$, your tax $$, while they refuse to open anything! Count on it!

vCash
    I don't see why having students on campus would really matter that much.

How many colleges before COVID had quite a bit of enrollment from online students? Joe Burrow took all of his classes online last year- and that's not uncommon in this era of football where players have five years to play four. I believe Nick Fitzgerald did the same his senior year at MSU.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    We probabaly won't be playing either. Y'all just need to get ready for that.
    The chance of us not playing is zero. Literally zero.

vCash
    Absolutely no reason to make that decision this far out. None.

vCash
    Negative ghostwriter.

You need to get prepared for us to play
    I hope you are right. I think the pros will play. I just don't see academic sports happening for a while. I hope I'm wrong. High school and college football are how I spend my falls.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Maybe all schools will soon announce closing for fall and then about early July, Fauci will roll out the MIRACLE VACCINE, everyone will be so desperate for football and the fear will be at all time high, everyone will run and get the vaccine and BAM everything will be back to normal. Fauci and Gates make BILLIONS and we'll all be none the wiser.
    No Signature

vCash
    I bet Colorado, Oregon, Washington, and other deeply liberal college sites call it quits. Maybe even Wisconsin, Miami, and some Big 10 (Rutgers/Maryland)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    This whole thing just keeps getting crazier and crazier, and I can understand the parents point of view, but Shutting something down that still 4 months away. Oh well.
    Just think how crazy it would be Football started in January. We could have Football, Basketball and Baseball on campus on the same Saturday.

vCash
    The Southeast and East Coast are playing football in 2020. Thats happening.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Next question will be what will the NCAA allow those players to do?
    Probably pay them to not play this year so they can be even with the other schools who will be paying players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    Plus, Blue states will be demandIng Federal $$, your tax $$, while they refuse to open anything! Count on it!
    Easy there... some of our favorite red states are the biggest sucklers of the federal teat. Hint, Mississippi is #1.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Just think how crazy it would be Football started in January. We could have Football, Basketball and Baseball on campus on the same Saturday.
    To me, that makes a lot of sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Easy there... some of our favorite red states are the biggest sucklers of the federal teat. Hint, Mississippi is #1.
    Deleted because I did not want to make this a political thread.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 05-12-2020 at 10:12 PM.

vCash
    I stand corrected on something.

California State University does not refer to UCLA & Cal. They are the University of California system not the Cal St system.

This only refers to San Diego State & Fresno State
    Well, if LA County bans this type of activity, then that takes out USC and UCLA regardless of the wishes of the PAC or even College Presidents. Governors and major Municipal authorities will trump Athletic commissioners.