Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Florida Fans Getting Restless...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    When your competition for the SEC (UGA & Bama) are recruiting in the Top 3 it's noticeable. Also if TN start consistently recruiting Top 5-7 it looks even worse.
    Knowing what Dan did here, if UF fans will give him time he will win big there. If he was able to be in the running for a championship appearance here in the West during its prime he will without a doubt be able to do it there. If UF fans will give him the time he needs to do it. It takes more time his way but he builds a much better foundation doing it the way that he does. Our program was in the best shape it has ever been in when he left.

It was the first time I can remember a coach leaving us in a better situation than he found it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Its amazing to me how much fans put into recruiting versus on the field results. Let me be clear, I completely understand it and partially agree with it, but the guy is 21-5 in his first two years with two top 10 finishes and 11-5 in the SEC while only losing to UGA by 7 and then losing to LSU in Baton Rouge by 14 (it was a one score game in 4th quarter)

You would think they would be happy. It reminds me of AU fans the first year Saban beat Tubby. Even though Tubby was like 6-1 against Bama in the prior 7 years he was getting decimated on the recruiting front and the AU people wanted him gone.
    Florida hired Mullen to win championships. If he doesn't make it to the SEC championship game this year I think his seat gets screaming hot. Add in the not happy about recruiting crowd and he could be on the chopping block next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstatelp1 View Post
    Florida hired Mullen to win championships. If he doesn't make it to the SEC championship game this year I think his seat gets screaming hot. Add in the not happy about recruiting crowd and he could be on the chopping block next season.
    They'd be dumb if they fired Mullen after another NY6 bowl. This is a dumb fanbase though... run off urban for not running a pro style offense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    They'd be dumb if they fired Mullen after another NY6 bowl. This is a dumb fanbase though... run off urban for not running a pro style offense
    That is BS - Urban quit because he saw the Saban train coming and he doesn't like to lose.

vCash
    That is BS - Urban quit because he saw the Saban train coming and he doesn't like to lose.
    Urban is 2-1 vs saban in championship/playoff games

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    Knowing what Dan did here, if UF fans will give him time he will win big there. If he was able to be in the running for a championship appearance here in the West during its prime he will without a doubt be able to do it there. If UF fans will give him the time he needs to do it. It takes more time his way but he builds a much better foundation doing it the way that he does. Our program was in the best shape it has ever been in when he left.

It was the first time I can remember a coach leaving us in a better situation than he found it.
    no doubt Mullen was and is a good coach but at some point he's gonna have to win a BIG game ... 2014 was our best chance after beating top ten ranked Auburn, aTm, and LSU - we expected to probably lose to Bama ... but if we had only beaten a mediocre OM team we might have remained in the play-off ....... as many chances as he had I never saw it happen - maybe, just maybe LSU in 14
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    I don't think they're dumb enough to fire Dan. However they hired him to be Urban Meyer 2.0 not Mark Richt 2.0. That's why this season is so huge for him. This may be his best chance in the next 2-3 years. You lose this year & go 0-3 vs Kirby then no matter how many 10 win seasons he's going to have that stain on him. Like you said the Florida fan base isn't a patient one.

vCash
    I don't think they're dumb enough to fire Dan. However they hired him to be Urban Meyer 2.0 not Mark Richt 2.0. That's why this season is so huge for him. This may be his best chance in the next 2-3 years. You lose this year & go 0-3 vs Kirby then no matter how many 10 win seasons he's going to have that stain on him. Like you said the Florida fan base isn't a patient one.
    Correct. I don't think they'd actually fire Dan unless this went on for a decade or more like it did for Richt. However, if Dan starts feeling the heat, I could totally see him bolt for Texas, Stanford, USC, or Notre Dame where he wouldn't have to face super recruiters

If Dan doesn't win the SEC East this year & USC &/or Texas fires Helton/Herman, I think you could see him bolt. The writing will be on the wall
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Correct. I don't think they'd actually fire Dan unless this went on for a decade or more like it did for Richt. However, if Dan starts feeling the heat, I could totally see him bolt for Texas, Stanford, USC, or Notre Dame where he wouldn't have to face super recruiters

If Dan doesn't win the SEC East this year & USC &/or Texas fires Helton/Herman, I think you could see him bolt. The writing will be on the wall
    IDK, they did fire a coach that went to two straight SEC Champ games. If they don't beat UGA soon and go to SECCG, Dan will be gone one way or another - leave on his own or be forced out.

vCash

The Fla melt continues. This is great!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I think he ends up in the NFL or at a place like Notre Dame or Stanford before it's all said & done. Seems like the right fit. Mullen would be killer in the PAC 12 or Big 12 where super crooters don't exist. I could actually see him going to Texas once they fire Herman.

While his recruiting has been better at Florida than MSU, I think it's mostly just a symptom of more in-state talent & a bigger brand. Not necessarily that Mullen or his staff has gotten any better at recruiting.
    No way Mullen goes to Texas. WAY too many huge money oil men that want to call plays in a game for Mullen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    that's hilarious .... "Hev is gonna Hev" .... I see the Hevesy consternation is contagious
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    No way Mullen goes to Texas. WAY too many huge money oil men that want to call plays in a game for Mullen.
    yep ... and their cigars are bigger than ours

vCash
    He lost to Saban in 2009, he was 4-4 in the SEC in 2010 and realized that his dominance was over. He lost a great OC to us, and his recruiting was falling off because Saban was beating the brakes off him on the recruiting trail.

He saw the writing on the wall and ran like the wind to an easier path to the title which is what he ended up doing at Ohio State.

He couldn't handle that Saban smoke.

vCash
    Let's not let simple facts in this....

vCash
    I agree with all of that. I think Dan will realize that he really left a place that was perfect for him. We don't have unrealistic recruiting expectations. We care about the product on the field. He is great at developing talent and making them fit his system. He doesn't give a shit what anyone else thinks about recruits.

All of that works at an under the radar P5 school. It doesn't work at a school that thinks back to back top 10 finishes are something to be pissed about.

Now he is such a good coach that it may not cost him, but I just think he will look back and realize what a huge mistake it was to leave a school that fit his coaching/recruiting/personality to a T.

vCash
    I don't know how patient they will be. But I think they win the East before it matters.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Let's not let simple facts in this....
    You think Meyer left Florida for health reasons? That was the original post I was responding to. There was zero pressure at Florida for him to leave. He left because he knew that he had gotten his ass kicked on the recruiting trail and the next few years at Florida were going to be rough and he simply isn't built for that.

They went 3-5 in the SEC in 2011. No coincidence that Saban and Bama were rolling through the next season at Florida. They proceeded to destroy Florida.

I think Meyer was an absolute coward and knew that his run at Florida was over and instead of getting worked the next few years - he decided to retire due to his health and to spend more time with his family. He proceeded to work at ESPN and less than 12 months after his last game at Florida - he took the Ohio State job.

A job that proved much easier.

vCash
    He lost to Saban in 2009, he was 4-4 in the SEC in 2010 and realized that his dominance was over. He lost a great OC to us, and his recruiting was falling off because Saban was beating the brakes off him on the recruiting trail.

He saw the writing on the wall and ran like the wind to an easier path to the title which is what he ended up doing at Ohio State.

He couldn't handle that Saban smoke.
    He was cam newton stealing a vcr (or whatever) from rolling on just fine.

vCash
    He was cam newton stealing a vcr (or whatever) from rolling on just fine.
    Saban survived Cam just fine.

That is my point though, if he had kept Cam, he probably stays because he figured he could compete. That is the point, the guy is a front runner - and he saw the writing on the wall with no Cam and a pretty bare roster in 2011 that went 3-5 in the SEC and barely beat vandy.