Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Florida Fans Getting Restless...

vCash

Florida Fans Getting Restless...

I bet Tennessee's recruiting is eating them up right now.

It's interesting how the same general issues that Mullen had at MSU are now manifesting themselves at Florida. Only difference is that Florida has a step higher base of recruiting.

[tweet2]1259869764488486914[/tweet2]

[tweet2]1259875779929833474[/tweet2]
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 05-11-2020 at 11:05 AM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Mullen isn't getting rid of his core guys unless Stricklin & the boosters force him to. In his eyes coaching/teaching >>> recruiting & his staffs have always reflected that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Mullen isn't getting rid of his core guys unless Stricklin & the boosters force him to. In his eyes coaching/teaching >>> recruiting & his staffs have always reflected that.
    I think he ends up in the NFL or at a place like Notre Dame or Stanford before it's all said & done. Seems like the right fit. Mullen would be killer in the PAC 12 or Big 12 where super crooters don't exist. I could actually see him going to Texas once they fire Herman.

While his recruiting has been better at Florida than MSU, I think it's mostly just a symptom of more in-state talent & a bigger brand. Not necessarily that Mullen or his staff has gotten any better at recruiting.

vCash
    Thing is he can not manage a roster still. Having one running back or whatever it is will catch up to them and that's a major issue in a run first offense. He just doesn't get it when it comes to recruiting. At all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I think he ends up in the NFL or at a place like Notre Dame or Stanford before it's all said & done. Seems like the right fit. Mullen would be killer in the PAC 12 or Big 12 where super crooters don't exist. I could actually see him going to Texas once they fire Herman.

While his recruiting has been better at Florida than MSU, I think it's mostly just a symptom of more in-state talent & a bigger brand. Not necessarily that Mullen or his staff has gotten any better at recruiting.
    Yeah I can see that. If you are not going to recruit well in FL, and you do it your way, you better win big.

vCash
    Average of 6th rated class the past four years? See link below at 6th. Florida one of just a few teams that are on the outside looking in eyeing the prize. They are in a waaaaaay better position than TN. Will they win a championship? I don't know but guys we do have to remember that they have a total of three titles in 120 years. They better be just a little bit patient and only pull the trigger to get rid of Mullen after a really good run to let him find out.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...ngs-2019-class

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    Average of 6th rated class the past four years? See link below at 6th. Florida one of just a few teams that are on the outside looking in eyeing the prize. They are in a waaaaaay better position than TN. Will they win a championship? I don't know but guys we do have to remember that they have a total of three titles in 120 years. They better be just a little bit patient and only pull the trigger to get rid of Mullen after a really good run to let him find out.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...ngs-2019-class
    This is a big year for Mullen. If he goes 0/3 against Kirby that won't be a good look. He will begin to get the Mark Richt tag & that's not a positive for Mullen.

vCash
    When teaching is so much a part of your program, this virus issue is going to hurt more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    When teaching is so much a part of your program, this virus issue is going to hurt more.
    This needs to be noted.^^^

vCash
    He just about took us to a playoff. I have no doubts he will have UF knocking on the door soon. All he needed to do was improve his recruiting just a bit. Being at UF solved that issue for him. He can apply the same effort that he did here in recruiting and still finish with significantly better classes.

All he was missing while here was one or two studs at certain positions. He is going to get those one or two extra players needed at UF.

They are set to have a pretty solid season this year. I believe years 4 and 5 for him at UF will have the potential to be competing for a play-off spot.

I personally think he played a much more significant role in the success UF had while Urban was there than most will admit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    He just about took us to a playoff. I have no doubts he will have UF knocking on the door soon. All he needed to do was improve his recruiting just a bit. Being at UF solved that issue for him. He can apply the same effort that he did here in recruiting and still finish with significantly better classes.

All he was missing while here was one or two studs at certain positions. He is going to get those one or two extra players needed at UF.

They are set to have a pretty solid season this year. I believe years 4 and 5 for him at UF will have the potential to be competing for a play-off spot.

I personally think he played a much more significant role in the success UF had while Urban was there than most will admit.
    Your post makes it seem like he just got hired at a Florida. This is year 3.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    This is a big year for Mullen. If he goes 0/3 against Kirby that won't be a good look. He will begin to get the Mark Richt tag & that's not a positive for Mullen.
    Agreed. The grumbling has already started about him not beating Kirby. If he loses again in 2020, he'll officially be on the hot seat (at least with the fans). I think that'll be 0-10 vs a Kirby D... and Kirby likes beating Mullen too. There's no love loss there.

vCash

On average, he recruited well here (much better than many give him credit for), and he's doing the same at UF. His specific issue here that's continuing to show up there is his inability and/or refusal to adjust or compromise as the situation dictates to land the best possible talent at positions of critical need. It kept him from getting over the top despite having some very good teams here, and it could easily result in the same there. Those holes tend to show up in key moments against the best teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Your post makes it seem like he just got hired at a Florida. This is year 3.
    What makes it seem like he just got hired? He has done pretty good in his first two years there. Simply stating that I think he will have them in the playoffs in next 2-3 years.

Dude is a hell of a coach and gets results. People can say what they want about him but you can't deny that he is a top 10 coach, potentially top 5 in CFB.

I know a lot of our fans are salty with how things went the last couple of seasons and leaving us like he did but he did more here than anybody else has. He also left us with a pretty solid roster and base to continue to build our program. He built our program the right way and thanks to that it looks like we will be able to survive a terrible follow up hire.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    On average, he recruited well here (much better than many give him credit for), and he's doing the same at UF. His specific issue here that's continuing to show up there is his inability and/or refusal to adjust or compromise as the situation dictates to land the best possible talent at positions of critical need. It kept him from getting over the top despite having some very good teams here, and it could easily result in the same there. Those holes tend to show up in key moments against the best teams.
    That is a good point but it won't be as noticeable IMO at UF.

I mean their RB room doesn't look to be awful unless I am missing something?

2- Sophomores and a RSF. two of them being 4 stars and one a high 3

vCash
    That is a good point but it won't be as noticeable IMO at UF.

I mean their RB room doesn't look to be awful unless I am missing something?

2- Sophomores and a RSF. two of them being 4 stars and one a high 3
    When your competition for the SEC (UGA & Bama) are recruiting in the Top 3 it's noticeable. Also if TN start consistently recruiting Top 5-7 it looks even worse.

vCash
    Wait until they realize Mullen can't win the East and Georgia is his new Alabama.

vCash
    In his first two years, he has won 21 total games, won two NY6 games, and finished in the top 7 twice....and keep in mind that Florida won 4 games the year before his arrival.

His last two signing classes have been top 10 and his current class is ranked 6th (and has a higher average rating than UT's). And I expect his recruiting to improve as the HS coaches in the area get to know him and get used to his personality....that's what seemed to happen here.

All that to say, I think some of you that are waiting for Mullen to fail at Florida are going to wind up being sorely disappointed. The guy is a damn good football coach, and I expect him to win big down there before it is all said and done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwolf View Post
    In his first two years, he has won 21 total games, won two NY6 games, and finished in the top 7 twice....and keep in mind that Florida won 4 games the year before his arrival.

His last two signing classes have been top 10 and his current class is ranked 6th (and has a higher average rating than UT's). And I expect his recruiting to improve as the HS coaches in the area get to know him and get used to his personality....that's what seemed to happen here.

All that to say, I think some of you that are waiting for Mullen to fail at Florida are going to wind up being sorely disappointed. The guy is a damn good football coach, and I expect him to win big down there before it is all said and done.
    I don't think he'll fail. He's too good of a coach to fail.

However, I do believe he'll hit a plateau that he'll be unable to overcome & that'll lead to grumbling from the locals that will eventually piss him off enough that he'll leave for Notre Dame, Stanford, or someone else that can win & get to the playoff without the need of being a super crooter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwolf View Post

It's not necessarily about Mullen failing as much as it is that the batshit crazy UF fans have insane expectations. If they are not winning titles, the become disgruntled fast. Urban had two nattys and they were ready to run him out after 2011; Muschamp won the East and they hated him; Mac won the East twice and they hated him more. All it would take is a loss at Tennessee to start unraveling things. It's also just a matter of time before a group of UF players do something stupid and get suspended.