Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
Only reason you want to know is so you can attack the person or the reason. Yep, Keenum makes the final decision. Keenum is a family man and holds strong Christian beliefs. He wants to keep the gameday inside the stadium more a family atmosphere. Now you can start your attack.

Yes, there are many that can drink and maintain their control but there are many that can't. Can you not go a few hours without drinking? Not that big a deal.
Shotgun didn't start this thread to go down this path, but there are no "Christian beliefs" against drinking in moderation, or against alcohol being sold at sporting events. Yes, there are some ultra conservative Christians, most of which are 65+, that think all drinking is wrong, but I would say it is the extreme minority view these days.

With that said, I do think the "family atmosphere" thing is on Keenum's mind, which is not a valid reason not to do it based on the experience of stadiums that actually sell alcohol. And I do think Keenum is the road block based on everything I've heard from credible people and reading between the lines anytime Cohen talks about this issue.

And this has nothing to do with going a few hours without drinking or it being "that big a deal" to you. It's a legitimate money making opportunity that the school with the smallest budget is just giving up without any public explanation as to why.