Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does Anyone Know Who or What is the Actual Reason MSU Won't Sell Beer at DWS?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash

Does Anyone Know Who or What is the Actual Reason MSU Won't Sell Beer at DWS?

This isn't a thread about whether we should or should not sell beer at MSU sporting events as any idiot can realize that pro sports stadiums have sold beer for over 100 years and been just fine. Here is the history of baseball & beer if you need me to prove that: https://blog.perlick.com/100-years-o...ball-and-beer/

So what is actually holding this up?

It's been said that Cohen is on board but Keenum is not, but why wouldn't Keenum be on board?

Politics? Who is he supporting in politics that would prevent something so trivial?

Laws? Are there any actual unchangable laws that are preventing this?

Again, the issue has been resolved by history & common sense that WE SHOULD be selling beer at DWS. That's not the discussion here. I'm just looking for clarification, if anyone has any, as what the hold up is?
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    I honestly don't care that much. Selling beer at Davis Wade would equate to no more outside coolers at Dudy Noble.

It would be nice to have a beer during a basketball game though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    I honestly don't care that much. Selling beer at Davis Wade would equate to no more outside coolers at Dudy Noble.

Yet again, the thread is not to debate should we or shouldn't we. History has already decided that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post

Those 2 things aren’t mutually exclusive. Same logic is that coolers wouldn’t be allowed in the junction anymore. They can easily sell beer at concessions and let the junction and left field coolers be. It’s easy. I’d much rather buy beer from vendors in dws, the junction, the dude, etc... than lug around a cooler or smuggle liquor like I’ve been doing for almost 20 years.

vCash
    Miss State is technically it's own city with own city ordinance. I just think the one guy who can make the decisions just doesn't want it or it may be he doesn't want to be the guy who does it. I don't see it hurting beer sales in Starkville or anything. So it's not starkville. It could be logistics. Aren't there certain rules as to where it can be sold in a stadium? It could be he is waiting on more data from the other SEC schools as to who is selling it. Who knows?

I have a feeling Cohen would be on board. It could bring in a lot of money and make those hot dogs even cheaper.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Miss State is technically it's own city with own city ordinance. I just think the one guy who can make the decisions just doesn't want it or it may be he doesn't want to be the guy who does it. I don't see it hurting beer sales in Starkville or anything. So it's not starkville. It could be logistics. Aren't there certain rules as to where it can be sold in a stadium? It could be he is waiting on more data from the other SEC schools as to who is selling it. Who knows?
    Yeah. IDK. I'd am curious as to the actual reason though

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash

I have a feeling Cohen would be on board. It could bring in a lot of money and make those hot dogs even cheaper.
    Look, its simple. If normal ticket holders can't buy beer, there shouldn't be beer or alcohol allowed in the suites.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Look, its simple. If normal ticket holders can't buy beer, there shouldn't be beer or alcohol allowed in the suites.
    I agree with you! I do want to point out those are private suites that they pay a lot of money for. It is isolated from the rest of the stadium. I look at it like the lofts at the baseball field.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    I agree with you! I do want to point out those are private suites that they pay a lot of money for. It is isolated from the rest of the stadium. I look at it like the lofts at the baseball field.
    We finally agree on something. Took 8 years, but we have bridged the divide. First, they are only deemed private, so they can have alchohol. Deem every single season ticket holders seats as private then.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    They say it starts with the President
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    They say it starts with the President
    I think Keemun overall has done a really good job but when you?re a MSU guy and you have nothing but MSU guys around you, you end up with a bunch of yes men operating in a vacuum lacking outside POV.

I?m not here to beat up on MSU leadership. Since 98 MSU and Starkville has skyrocketed on an upward trajectory while OM has trended down or held serve at best. If the next 2 decades are like the last 2, MSU will leave OM in the dust in every aspect. All that has been achieved with strong leadership. That said, I get an uneasy feeling when literally everyone who matters from the president to the ad, to compliance, to Associate ad, to communications guys are all ?MSU people?.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    That said, I get an uneasy feeling when literally everyone who matters from the president to the ad, to compliance, to Associate ad, to communications guys are all ?MSU people?.
    Agree & too many from Starkville. You need a balance & that goes for every school & athletic program.

Texas A&M, Alabama, Texas, etc all have the same issue. The people who grow up close to the program are the popular political choice for positions, &, while that may be true, you end up with no diversity of thought

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    This isn't a thread about whether we should or should not sell beer at MSU sporting events as any idiot can realize that pro sports stadiums have sold beer for over 100 years and been just fine. Here is the history of baseball & beer if you need me to prove that: https://blog.perlick.com/100-years-o...ball-and-beer/

So what is actually holding this up?

It's been said that Cohen is on board but Keenum is not, but why wouldn't Keenum be on board?

Politics? Who is he supporting in politics that would prevent something so trivial?

Laws? Are there any actual unchangable laws that are preventing this?

Again, the issue has been resolved by history & common sense that WE SHOULD be selling beer at DWS. That's not the discussion here. I'm just looking for clarification, if anyone has any, as what the hold up is?
    Only reason you want to know is so you can attack the person or the reason. Yep, Keenum makes the final decision. Keenum is a family man and holds strong Christian beliefs. He wants to keep the gameday inside the stadium more a family atmosphere. Now you can start your attack.

Yes, there are many that can drink and maintain their control but there are many that can't. Can you not go a few hours without drinking? Not that big a deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Only reason you want to know is so you can attack the person or the reason. Yep, Keenum makes the final decision. Keenum is a family man and holds strong Christian beliefs. He wants to keep the gameday inside the stadium more a family atmosphere. Now you can start your attack.

Yes, there are many that can drink and maintain their control but there are many that can't. Can you not go a few hours without drinking? Not that big a deal.
    Again, history has already decided that this is a stupid opinion. I don't believe Keenum truly believes what you just wrote, but, if he did, I wouldn't have much confidence in his ability to lead this university to greater heights.

Every professional stadium has beer sales & with little to no issue. It's not up for debate. There are actually people that thought prohibition was a good idea back in the day. Can you imagine that? Not selling beer at MSU is allowing a small minority to decided policy for the vast majority, which isn't right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Again, history has already decided that this is a stupid opinion. I don't believe Keenum truly believes what you just wrote, but, if he did, I wouldn't have much confidence in his ability to lead this university to greater heights.

Every professional stadium has beer sales & with little to no issue. It's not up for debate. There are actually people that thought prohibition was a good idea back in the day. Can you imagine that? Not selling beer at MSU is allowing a small minority to decided policy for the vast majority, which isn't right.
    You are easy. I knew you would react that way when I answered your question. That is what you wanted. The correct answer and then you could say that was stupid.

First it is not about it not being an issue 98% of time but that couple of times may be a game changer for those affected. I have sat next to a drunk before with my young kids at the time and I would not be back if that happened too many times.

Why are so many obsessed with beer at a ballgame?

vCash

Why do you hate freedom?**

vCash
    You are easy. I knew you would react that way when I answered your question. That is what you wanted. The correct answer and then you could say that was stupid.

First it is not about it not being an issue 98% of time but that couple of times may be a game changer for those affected. I have sat next to a drunk before with my young kids at the time and I would not be back if that happened too many times.

All evidence I have seen, points toward allowing beer sales at the games actually causes less incidents with less pregame binge fests. Smart people change their minds when presented with new evidence.

vCash
    Well I've sat next to drunks at games that didn't sell alcohol. Wonder how that happened? I've been to games with alcohol flowing all over that wasn't being sold in the stadium and nobody had a problem. I've also been to many games where alcohol was being sold and no one had a problem. Sometimes drunks are just drunks and you will have to deal with it whether it's being sold in the stadium or not. that's just going to sporting events or anywhere for that matter. Not selling it in the stadium is like the kindergarten rules people try to apply over the whole group for a couple bad eggs. Not everyone who drinks at game gets crazy wasted and Is an ass to everyone around them.

I've drank at multiple games and never accosted anyone except maybe yelling at a ref or coach. Plenty of non drinkers do that too. I've also sat next to people slap drunk at games who didn't buy it in the game. I've also sat next to plenty of fans who bought a lot of drinks at a game and they were fine and nice. I've also sat close to people who were assholes who didn't have anything to drink at all.

This whole selling alcohol and drinking at the games ruins the family atmosphere is BS logic.

Hey those three beers I had in the super dome last season were pretty good albeit expensive. Was nice to be in the ac drink some beers and watch us struggle to beat ULL. Had a great time. Wife and I sat next to a family of 4 with two small kids. Family had a blast. They didn't seem to have a problem with me drinking a few beers at the game. Why? Because I am responsible and not an ass which would be the majority of the the people drinking at the game. Drunks are shown the exits most of the time and would be no different than it is now.

vCash

Hiring a competent football coach will go a lot longer in making Davis Wade a family atmosphere because it will result in less cursing at the coaches.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Hiring a competent football coach will go a lot longer in making Davis Wade a family atmosphere because it will result in less cursing at the coaches.
    Agree with that for the most part.