Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brunswick

vCash

Brunswick

If I remember correctly you either work for Glynn County or the state of GA. What's it like to be in the epicenter of something so horrible. I imagine you probably know some of the county officials involved?

What a sad situation. They will get what they deserve here and beyond.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxdog View Post
    If I remember correctly you either work for Glynn County or the state of GA. What's it like to be in the epicenter of something so horrible. I imagine you probably know some of the county officials involved?

What a sad situation. They will get what they deserve here and beyond.

Thankfully, I work for the City of Brunswick and not Glynn County. This tragic event took place about 5 miles outside the City. The Brunswick Police and the City of Brunswick government have no involvement in this case - other than the fact that as whole we support bringing these guys to justice.
    We have been following this case closely since it happened in February, and locally the opinions have been that the case was off from the get go. I know all of the officials involved, a good bit about their local histories, and a whole lot about what most people aren't connecting about this case to a bigger picture of corruption in the DA and GCPD.
    I also know the local radio host that originally posted the video on-line Tuesday morning, and know the attorney that somehow leaked it to him (the attorney is not involved in the case). And because of this case, I spent two days in lock down at work from death threats and bomb threats, watched our PD struggle with being called every name in the book (even though they aren't involved), watched co-workers of mine deal with the ugliest harassing phone calls you can imagine (thank Shaun King for posting our phone numbers and not the county to your 3 million followers on Twitter), and it added to an already elevated stress level from dealing COVID impacts in running a government and its impacts on our personal lives. In 25 years of working in state and local government, this might have been the most stressful week since 9/11. Our stress pales in comparison to what the deceased's family has been through, and if it leads to GCPD and the DA's office being cleaned up - I'll take it.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Thankfully, I work for the City of Brunswick and not Glynn County. This tragic event took place about 5 miles outside the City. The Brunswick Police and the City of Brunswick government have no involvement in this case - other than the fact that as whole we support bringing these guys to justice.
    We have been following this case closely since it happened in February, and locally the opinions have been that the case was off from the get go. I know all of the officials involved, a good bit about their local histories, and a whole lot about what most people aren't connecting about this case to a bigger picture of corruption in the DA and GCPD.
    I also know the local radio host that originally posted the video on-line Tuesday morning, and know the attorney that somehow leaked it to him (the attorney is not involved in the case). And because of this case, I spent two days in lock down at work from death threats and bomb threats, watched our PD struggle with being called every name in the book (even though they aren't involved), watched co-workers of mine deal with the ugliest harassing phone calls you can imagine (thank Shaun King for posting our phone numbers and not the county to your 3 million followers on Twitter), and it added to an already elevated stress level from dealing COVID impacts in running a government and its impacts on our personal lives. In 25 years of working in state and local government, this might have been the most stressful week since 9/11. Our stress pales in comparison to what the deceased's family has been through, and if it leads to GCPD and the DA's office being cleaned up - I'll take it.
    Wow, man. I'm sorry. I had no clue that you were this close to this.
    I applaud your stance and hope for the best all around.

Was worried because you post everyday or so. Hang in there.

vCash
    I'll Be praying for you and all involved and most especially for that young mans family. Watching that video was absolutely sickening. Stay safe and hope this all settles down for you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxdog View Post
    Wow, man. I'm sorry. I had no clue that you were this close to this.
    I applaud your stance and hope for the best all around.

Was worried because you post everyday or so. Hang in there.
    Appreciate it. At least my stress is handled with a steak on the grill and a glass of bourbon and I'm not having to deal with the loss of a loved one like the family is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I'll Be praying for you and all involved and most especially for that young mans family. Watching that video was absolutely sickening. Stay safe and hope this all settles down for you!
    I've heard that the video that was released is not the worst part of what is on film.

There are some sick people in this world.

vCash
    I've heard that the video that was released is not the worst part of what is on film.

There are some sick people in this world.
    I sure don't want to see the rest then. What I saw was enough. I'm just sickened by what happened. We need a whole lot less hate in this Ol world. Take care of yourself my man!

vCash
    From what I have seen it's not racism, it's cronyism. It appears the reason the rednecks weren't arrested was daddy redneck was buddies with the DA. That shouldn't happen, ever. The DA should be indicted as an accessory to murder. I feel for you Brunswick. It's not you and not your town. It's idiots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    From what I have seen it's not racism, it's cronyism. It appears the reason the rednecks weren't arrested was daddy redneck was buddies with the DA. That shouldn't happen, ever. The DA should be indicted as an accessory to murder. I feel for you Brunswick. It's not you and not your town. It's idiots.
    I think idiots is to kind.

vCash
    I was being polite.

vCash

Agree

It's sub human. Perverted souls.

vCash
    Amen. +1,000

vCash
    Race is a factor in the murder, but it is beyond cronyism with the DA. Daddy red neck worked for the DA as an investigator. And this isn't the first time the DA has failed to act when someone with GCPD or the DAs office has committed a crime.

If you want to run down the Glynn County rabbit hole: https://investigations.ajc.com/caroline-small-shooting/

https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/cop-who-killed-caroline-small-shoots-self-after-killing-wife-man/R4pDsnaw9JpPB1pTtpqJGP/
    Last edited by BrunswickDawg; 05-08-2020 at 10:35 PM.

vCash
    I was being polite.
    I know. Its so sad that freaking stuff like this even happens.

vCash
    I was being polite.
    Cocksucking piece of shit inbred assholes.

vCash
    NYT has done a pretty deep dive into some of the pattern of corruption here:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/08/u...ud-arbery.html

vCash
    Watching that video was absolutely sickening.
    Yes it is. Broke my heart. The corruption is sickening also. A man's life was taken & they just wanted to cover it up. Cover up a murder? That just blows my mind. Without that video, they would've gotten away with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tireddawg View Post
    Yes it is. Broke my heart. The corruption is sickening also. A man's life was taken & they just wanted to cover it up. Cover up a murder? That just blows my mind. Without that video, they would've gotten away with it.
    Scary as heck! If people will cover something as bad as this up they'll cover up anything!

vCash
    Those assholes should hang just for being that dumb. And they recorded it. There are a lot of people that lack walking around sense.

vCash
    Race is a factor in the murder, but it is beyond cronyism with the DA.
    I had been told that both the Dad and the Son had a previous "history" with the victim. And, that they had arrested him before. Now, that information has completely disappeared.

Is what I heard true or false? It's still not an excuse BUT it might explain some of their actions and speak to what they were thinking. Brunswick .. What have you heard?
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"