Thread: Robertson Podcast - MSU baseball players transferring

vCash

Robertson Podcast - MSU baseball players transferring

Bryce Brock - OF and LHP

Josh Hill - RHP - redshirted last year

Austin Kelly - C - right handed hitter

Hunter French - OF

I wish Kelly would stay. Seems that C can learn other positions. Also many players are high on Kelly.

vCash
    Mason Land announced he was transferring today as well. We're going to have transfers, there's no way around it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Mason Land announced he was transferring today as well. We're going to have transfers, there's no way around it.
    I expect will be more along w some signees who opt not to come more than likely.

vCash
    Is it just me or is this an odd time to leave, when the season is canceled and there's no practice going on. Why attrition now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Is it just me or is this an odd time to leave, when the season is canceled and there's no practice going on. Why attrition now?
    Figured you would at least wait until after draft

vCash
    It's happening all over. With the uncertainty we're facing now some kids are wanting to be closer to home, or are trying to get closer to home. It's some crazy times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Because they're trying to get on teams now instead of try to stick it out until fall and then transfer. With a shortened draft and seniors being given an extra year, rosters spots will be at a premium for all schools.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Wonder why, he was becoming a starter. Leggett and Landon Jordan were not really producing. Plus we are losing Westy and Foscue

Unless the kids know Westy and Foscue are not going?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Wonder why, he was becoming a starter. Leggett and Landon Jordan were not really producing. Plus we are losing Westy and Foscue

Unless the kids know Westy and Foscue are not going?
    I think the coaches were going to start Leggett. As far as not really producing- the season was so short it's really hard to judge anyone on that and I'm not high on Leggett at all.

I'll touch on the others:

Josh Hill doesn't surprise me. There didn't really seem to be a role for him.

Austin Kelly was going to redshirt behind Logan Tanner who has a chance to be a high draft pick in three years. We have another really good catcher in Gray Bane coming in 2022 as well as Kace Garner a JUCO guy coming in next year.

Hunter French is a dirtbag type of player and I mean that in a good way. However, OF spots are pretty limited with Cumbest and Pimentel being sophomores and McGowan seeing more time than him. We also have a JUCO CF type in Brayland Skinner coming in and then I think Addison Reed will be a corner OF and you have Corbin Grantham who is another CF type coming in.

Bryce Brock is in the same situation as French.

vCash
    Todd, I’m going to be lazy and not look it up, but wasn’t McGowan pretty highly rated and came in with a lot of accolades? I think he is from Kentucky? I noticed that he was getting on the field some, so it looks like he might be first in line to take over an outfield spot once Rowdy and TA move on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    Todd, I’m going to be lazy and not look it up, but wasn’t McGowan pretty highly rated and came in with a lot of accolades? I think he is from Kentucky? I noticed that he was getting on the field some, so it looks like he might be first in line to take over an outfield spot once Rowdy and TA move on.
    I don't think he was that highly rated but the fact that the coaching staff had been putting him out there over others tells me that they have him in front of others.