Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mason Land transferring?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Mason Land got banged up a bit last year and was pushing for the 3B position, or at least platoon.

Meh is not the correct reaction here. He will go somewhere and tear it up. Watch what I say.
    Meh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Yea, not sure who all our signees are coming in as infielders for the 2021 roster but looking at the 2020 roster there aren't a lot of infielders on it behind Foscue and Westburg. I think we all assume KJames will move to SS so assuming both Foscue and Westburg go pro we have 2B and 3B to replace. About all I see without Land on the roster for infielders are Tanner Leggett and Landon Jordan. I know Rosebowl in his podcast earlier this week projected Land to be the starting 2nd baseman in 2021. So now that he is leaving who are our other choices in 2021 for 2B and 3B?
    Depends on the draft but Logan Forsythe and Davis Meche are two MIF prospects that could start. The staff seems to like Tanner Leggett for some reason so he's my guess to start at second with Kamren James at SS like you said. Landon Jordan is more likely to play DH than anything but if he makes it to the field it will probably be at third base. If Blaze Jordan comes to school I think he starts at third base. There are also some rumors that we may get a grad transfer second baseman out there but I don't have any names. If that's the case it makes some sense to me as to why Land left.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    It wasn't some great shock. We signed some other mid inf in this class we will survive.
    We are pretty loaded with MIF Freshman in 2021. Somebody will be really good. Mason Land and the other transfers only combined for 9 total at bats.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    We are pretty loaded with MIF Freshman in 2021. Somebody will be really good. Mason Land and the other transfers only combined for 9 total at bats.
    We also have Jeffrey Ince coming in a couple of years. He's really good and I think he could play as a freshman.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Depends on the draft but Logan Forsythe and Davis Meche are two MIF prospects that could start. The staff seems to like Tanner Leggett for some reason so he's my guess to start at second with Kamren James at SS like you said. Landon Jordan is more likely to play DH than anything but if he makes it to the field it will probably be at third base. If Blaze Jordan comes to school I think he starts at third base. There are also some rumors that we may get a grad transfer second baseman out there but I don't have any names. If that's the case it makes some sense to me as to why Land left.
    Is Kellum Clark a 3B candidate? Or is he purely 1B?

It seems that a truncated Draft gives us a good shot at this player

vCash
    Is Kellum Clark a 3B candidate? Or is he purely 1B?

It seems that a truncated Draft gives us a good shot at this player
    I think he's a first baseman for us.

vCash
    Anyone that thinks Land isn't a good ball player is fooling themselves. It's a loss. He was at the top of the list to fill our draft losses and he's gone. We'll find someone else but he's a good player. Don't fool yourself into thinking he wasn't.

vCash
    Leggett is trash. Dude didn't even hit .300 in juco

vCash
    Off Topic, but South Carolina signee, Luke Little, hit 105 on the gun this past week. LHP. Damn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    Meh
    ^^^Shotgun's biggest fan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trob115 View Post
    Leggett is trash. Dude didn't even hit .300 in juco
    I agree (Not that he is Trash) .. but I just do not see why they keep sending him out there. Guess you just have to trust the coaching staff (Not sure what it is they see).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Off Topic, but South Carolina signee, Luke Little, hit 105 on the gun this past week. LHP. Damn.
    Dude just got himself drafted real damn high if he wasn't already. As long as he can locate at all and has another pitch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Anyone that thinks Land isn't a good ball player is fooling themselves. It's a loss. He was at the top of the list to fill our draft losses and he's gone. We'll find someone else but he's a good player. Don't fool yourself into thinking he wasn't.
    So did Mason know that this Dubrule kid was coming in? I wonder if that was what spurned on his decision to leave?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    So did Mason know that this Dubrule kid was coming in? I wonder if that was what spurned on his decision to leave?
    Ding ding ding.

People need to realize that this grad transfer deal has brought about college football free agency, just without the magnitude of high round picks yet transferring.

Mason Land may have been MSU's backup 2B, but if the coaches didn't think they'd get what they needed out of him, then he was never going to start.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    I wonder if they just end up switching roles. One to MSU and one to Jacksonville. Basically, they are the same body type 5-10 180 both bat L and throw R. Both Florida kids.

Dubrule is an experienced grad transfer. career 300 plus. Was batting 420 in 2020. Was a starting SS with a .963 fielding percentage.

I only wish he were R-batting to help the Overall L/R balance.

vCash
    I wonder if they just end up switching roles. One to MSU and one to Jacksonville. Basically, they are the same body type 5-10 180 both bat L and throw R. Both Florida kids.

Dubrule is an experienced grad transfer. career 300 plus. Was batting 420 in 2020. Was a starting SS with a .963 fielding percentage.

I only wish he were R-batting to help the Overall L/R balance.
    Dubrule is a like a 3 time all conference player in the A10. It's not close

vCash
    Well that likely takes care of 2B. Biggest question now is who plays 3B?

vCash
    Kellum Clark most likely. Power bat. Unless Blaze comes to school. Landon Jordan still here too. Need to find a big bat in LF and we will be stacked.

vCash
    Kellum Clark

Blaze Jordan likely plays 1st or LF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Kellum Clark most likely. Power bat. Unless Blaze comes to school. Landon Jordan still here too. Need to find a big bat in LF and we will be stacked.
    Kellum is a better defender than Blaze at 3B & both can hit. You get both in the lineup. That's some serious young thunder in the lineup