Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If NIL Rules Pass, Will Recruiting Sites Accept Kick Backs for Better Rankings?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    No because every Tom, Dick, and Harry would be trying to get there clientele bumped up. So you would still end up with only the most athletic or best players getting bumps or you would end up with way too many 4 and 5 stars.

Everyone can't be a 4 or 5* and recruiting services know this. If they all of the sudden started having more of each classification people would realize it's more of a scam than it already is. So even if you do have some kids agents paying to get bumped it is probably already a kid that is considered to be pretty damn talented or a kid that already has offers from your top schools IE Bama etc. Which they already get bumps anyways once they commit to one of the big schools.

So no, I don't think it will change much at all from what it already is if the recruiting services want to survive.
    I think this is a solid opinion in that you agree it will be attempted but are putting your faith in the recruiting sites to not cave.

It'll be interesting to see what happens
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    At least your honest here.

Your comment on HS football players not having agents was so incredibly ignorant that it showed you have no clue what you're talking about on this area. None whatsoever.
    You're just wrong here and out of line calling someone ignorant that is obviously very much experienced with recruiting, players, and the overall aspects ... in other words I think IYOK is in the business and you're not .... when the Hell are you going to learn to quit insulting people ????
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    You're just wrong here and out of line calling someone ignorant that is obviously very much experienced with recruiting, players, and the overall aspects ... in other words I think IYOK is in the business and you're not .... when the Hell are you going to learn to quit insulting people ????
    This post is completely ridiculous. What you think you know here is backwards.

I understand your point, but it's off because you're making assumptions that are way off.

IYOK is extremely knowledgable & awesome with players. He really is. Maybe the best in Mississippi. However, that has nothing to do with agents, how they work, & what would happen if & when they are allowed to be advisors to HS kids, which they would since agencies would want to start recruiting the most marketable college players at a young age.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 05-08-2020 at 10:03 AM.

vCash
    They already receive kick backs in the form of paying customers. The rankings benefit the paying customers just like the old magazines did.

vCash
    This post is completely ridiculous. What you think you know here is backwards.

I understand your point, but it's off because you're making assumptions that are way off.

IYOK is extremely knowledgable & awesome with players. He really is. Maybe the best in Mississippi. However, that has nothing to do with agents, how they work, & what would happen if & when they are allowed to be advisors to HS kids, which they would since agencies would want to start recruiting the most marketable college players at a young age.
    and just where did you acquire all of this experience ? Are you in the industry ? I think you're just speculating and don't have a clue .... at the very least you can quit calling INTELLIGENT people ignorant
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    and just where did you acquire all of this experience ? Are you in the industry ? I think you're just speculating and don't have a clue .... at the very least you can quit calling INTELLIGENT people ignorant
    Think what you want. I don't care

vCash
    Think what you want. I don't care
    Football is way different than basketball and baseball on evaluating players, as for as advisors/agents, shoe companies seem to have a huge market especially baseball and basketball on recruits. I know someone who received about 8 pairs of shoes attending a "show case game/tournament sponsors by a shoe company.
    Also football players mature much later because of it being the more physical game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Football is way different than basketball and baseball on evaluating players, as for as advisors/agents, shoe companies seem to have a huge market especially baseball and basketball on recruits. I know someone who received about 8 pairs of shoes attending a "show case game/tournament sponsors by a shoe company.
    Also football players mature much later because of it being the more physical game.
    I agree to some degree.

If I were an NFL agency, & the NCAA implemented the NIL rule with the ability of college players to have agents to seek out endorsement opportunities as recommended by the NCAA council, I would do the following:

1. I would view the rule in a lesser sense as a way to make money off college athletes & more as a way to get a head start on recruiting future NFL players to my agency.

2. I would obviously look at the recruiting ratings & target the 5* & high 4 star players first & then work my way down. Again, with all this being as a means to getting a head start on developing the relationship with the player & increasing my chances of getting the player to sign on with my agency when he was eligible for the NFL draft.

3. I would then ask: "How can I increase my chances of getting the player for his NFL career?" The obvious answer to that question is to make money for the player while he's in college & prove myself as an agent.

4. So how can I make more money for my client while he's in college? I've got to increase his marketability. That's the best way to do it.

5. How can I increase the marketability of my client? There are a number ways & one of those ways is to lobby for him to go into his college career with a higher recruiting ranking, which immediately makes him more marketable.

6. How do I increase his recruiting ranking?

That's the path I believe this will take. The Drew Rosenhauses of the world likely already have this mapped out, but, if they don't want to fool with it, young, aggressive, ambitious agents that are struggling to make a name for themselves in NFL circles will absolutely attempt this.

vCash
    I agree to some degree.

If I were an NFL agency, & the NCAA implemented the NIL rule with the ability of college players to have agents to seek out endorsement opportunities as recommended by the NCAA council, I would do the following:

1. I would view the rule in a lesser sense as a way to make money off college athletes & more as a way to get a head start on recruiting future NFL players to my agency.

2. I would obviously look at the recruiting ratings & target the 5* & high 4 star players first & then work my way down. Again, with all this being as a means to getting a head start on developing the relationship with the player & increasing my chances of getting the player to sign on with my agency when he was eligible for the NFL draft.

3. I would then ask: "How can I increase my chances of getting the player for his NFL career?" The obvious answer to that question is to make money for the player while he's in college & prove myself as an agent.

4. So how can I make more money for my client while he's in college? I've got to increase his marketability. That's the best way to do it.

5. How can I increase the marketability of my client? There are a number ways & one of those ways is to lobby for him to go into his college career with a higher recruiting ranking, which immediately makes him more marketable.

6. How do I increase his recruiting ranking?

That's the path I believe this will take. The Drew Rosenhauses of the world likely already have this mapped out, but, if they don't want to fool with it, young, aggressive, ambitious agents that are struggling to make a name for themselves in NFL circles will absolutely attempt this.
    It's such a bigger risk with football, like I said, maturity and injuries play a much bigger role. Football players who are in High school as well as Freshmen and Sophomores in college aren't close to being able to make a Nfl team imo.

I can see how advisors/agents can gamble with some football players.

I'm sure change is on it's way with college athletics, one thing for sure it will help the big time programs even more, such as the Sec and the other power conferences. Wish they would quit the Ncaa and form there own rules and policies.

Btw, advisors/agents can help, but like anything, get involved with the wrong group and it can hurt as much as help.

vCash
    This is a pretty telling article regarding recruiting rankings and the 1st round of the 2020 Draft:

https://247sports.com/Article/nfl-dr...rts-146550794/

Note: I did not independently fact check the veracity of the data.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    It's such a bigger risk with football, like I said, maturity and injuries play a much bigger role. Football players who are in High school as well as Freshmen and Sophomores in college aren't close to being able to make a Nfl team imo.

I can see how advisors/agents can gamble with some football players.

I'm sure change is on it's way with college athletics, one thing for sure it will help the big time programs even more, such as the Sec and the other power conferences. Wish they would quit the Ncaa and form there own rules and policies.

Btw, advisors/agents can help, but like anything, get involved with the wrong group and it can hurt as much as help.
    What risk is the agent taking on here?

He only pays $ to recruiting sites that benefit him and, if he finds the right price, the odds of him benefiting in the long term go up.

vCash
    You better hope your college football coach is tight with NFL agents as that may be the new path to getting players.

vCash
    What risk is the agent taking on here?

He only pays $ to recruiting sites that benefit him and, if he finds the right price, the odds of him benefiting in the long term go up.
    Players are the risk, agents have nothing to lose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Once things open up..... there will be a meeting at the Huddle House, Hattiesburg.

Maybe somebody will change a $20 to get the funds started.
    Everybody knows about Huddle House. We've moved the meetings to the Ward's in Siminary

vCash
    Players are the risk, agents have nothing to lose.
    Exactly