Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Will Rogers have IT?

vCash

Does Will Rogers have IT?

https://twitter.com/H_Kylin/status/1256784937757351937

Kylin Hill thinks so. Thought this was interesting.

vCash
    I think he does from what I’m told.

vCash
    Reading between the lines it sounds to me like Rogers is leading drills with his teammates on their own.

vCash
    He's a smart QB without elite athletic attributes. Hard worker because he has to worker harder, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. Leach obviously likes him.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 05-07-2020 at 08:04 AM.

vCash
    Prediction: He backs up Costello this fall, limiting himself to 4 games of mop-up duty but still logging significant snaps. He then starts the 2021-2024 seasons and ends up passing for more than 19,217 yards.

vCash
    My son is in the 9th grade at Brandon. He says 1/2 the kids thinks he is overrated and he is only in the position he is in because his dad is the OC at Brandon. 25% thinks he is ok and the other 25% thinks he is great. I have watched him play. He was good with Mingo but not so much without him. I think what he does do is help bring in other Brandon kids. There are some really good athletes at that high school.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 05-07-2020 at 08:04 AM.

vCash
    I've only watched him in the MS/AL all star game & my first impression is that he had instincts & looked natural at the position.

QB is the hardest position in any sport in the world to evaluate with the most important ingredients being 1. processing speed 2. Accuracy 3. Ability to feel pressure.

Processing speed is impossible to see at the HS level unless you watch a guy often enough to naturally know.

I thought his accuracy looked above average.

While not really athletic, I thought his ability to feel pressure looked natural.

We'll see, but my impression from the MS/AL game was that he looked like a low 4 star QB with a chance to develop into a highly productive starter with body maturity.

I guess the biggest thing that gave me confidence about him in the MS/AL game is that the game appeared to come easy to him. I've learned through multiple situations that regardless of natural talent, the players in which the game appears to come easy are often the best players.

As a GM once told me "Smooth gets better faster"
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 05-07-2020 at 08:12 AM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    My son is in the 9th grade at Brandon. He says 1/2 the kids thinks he is overrated and he is only in the position he is in because his dad is the OC at Brandon. 25% thinks he is ok and the other 25% thinks he is great. I have watched him play. He was good with Mingo but not so much without him. I think what he does do is help bring in other Brandon kids. There are some really good athletes at that high school.
    I have seen him play, and what you say is what I hear also. I see both side of what is said about him, I also saw him trying to lead and looks like he plays with "leadership ability". How successful he can or will be is left up to how hard he works and dedication, he has ability but how much is it Sec Quality is to be seen.

vCash
    Luckily we have Costello this year and then Shrader? and Rogers with another year under their belt. We also will have the Texas QBs in next year to go with the 2 redshirt freshmen (Shrader and Rogers).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Luckily we have Costello this year and then Shrader? and Rogers with another year under their belt. We also will have the Texas QBs in next year to go with the 2 redshirt freshmen (Shrader and Rogers).
    2020 - Costello

2021 - Likely Shrader, but Rogers & the Vandy transfer will get a shot. If all are meh in Spring, don't put it past Leach to just go get another grad transfer

2022 - Robertson becomes a real factor.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Do ya'll think Shrader stays? I am actually surprised that he hasn't already entered the portal.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

Kylin also compared L Witherspoon to Nick Chubb at one time.....meh
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

As a GM once told me
    EL

OH

EL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    EL

OH

EL
    He didn't say GM of what. Could be gas station, Taco Bell. I happen to know a few GM's too.

vCash
    watched some HS video. Has a strong arm, good accuracy AND had good wide receivers able to stretch the field while catching the ball. There were tons of throws to Mingo.

Mingo caught 77 passes for 1,451 yards and 14 TDs as a senior (2018) ... Finished high school career with 2,492 receiving yards and 23 TDs ... Led Brandon to 6A South State title game and 13-2 record as a senior ... Physical receiver was named Mobile Rivals Camp MVP in Summer 2018 ... Chose Ole Miss over Arkansas, Auburn, Georgia, Mississippi State, Notre Dame, Oregon and others ... Coached by Tyler Peterson.
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NWADAWG View Post
    He didn't say GM of what. Could be gas station, Taco Bell. I happen to know a few GM's too.
    So the scout or former scout he refers to is a Boy Scout

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Those opinions remind me a little of what this guy faced coming out of high school and college:

I'm certainly not stating that Rogers is the next Brady but if he's willing to put the work in and not coast on his physical talents he can be very effective in Leach's offense.

vCash
    Mike Leach took a lightly rated quarterback in high school and turned him into a draft pick and he happened to go to the same high school as Will Rogers.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NWADAWG View Post
    I'm just wondering how he got a GM to come down into his Mom's basement...

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

Covid19?
    No Signature