Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does Will Rogers have IT?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    https://twitter.com/H_Kylin/status/1256784937757351937

Kylin Hill thinks so. Thought this was interesting.
    The IT factor is so way overused today. Every new player is tagged with having IT. IT is the new favorite adjective of every sports commentator. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't.

So what is "IT"?
    In my opinion, Dak is one of the few that had the IT factor to come thru in some time. I don't think there are a handful of players in college football that have "IT". Lots of great players but the "IT" is a special. Special in skills, ability but there are lots of great players there. The IT is really about what is inside a person. A drive, motivation, self aware, comfortable in their own skin, leads by example, confident, courageous, bold, etc. Hard to define IT but Dak had it, Michael Jordan had IT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fader2103 View Post
    Do ya'll think Shrader stays? I am actually surprised that he hasn't already entered the portal.
    Shrader is staying. He believes he can beat out Costello. No clue if he's correct, but I love his confidence in himself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Shrader is staying. He believes he can beat out Costello. No clue if he's correct, but I love his confidence in himself.
    Costello is not Shrader's problem. Even if Shrader doesn't get the job this year he still has a RS year available. Shrader's biggest threat will be the guys coming behind him that are hand picked by Leach (including Rogers). Theoretically Schrader could redshirt with his 4 games behind Costello and then still start for 3 more years after that if he can stay ahead of the other competition.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Costello is not Shrader's problem. Even if Shrader doesn't get the job this year he still has a RS year available. Shrader's biggest threat will be the guys coming behind him that are hand picked by Leach (including Rogers). Theoretically Schrader could redshirt with his 4 games behind Costello and then still start for 3 more years after that if he can stay ahead of the other competition.
    Correct. Shrader just needs to take the coaching & keep getting better.

I really liked what I saw from Shrader this year & think he could be really good. I have no idea what his intangibles are other than he's tough as the Willie Gay situation created some questions in my mind.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Shrader looks the part to me. I hope he can redshirt this year and start for 3 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    The IT factor is so way overused today. Every new player is tagged with having IT. IT is the new favorite adjective of every sports commentator. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't.

So what is "IT"?
    In my opinion, Dak is one of the few that had the IT factor to come thru in some time. I don't think there are a handful of players in college football that have "IT". Lots of great players but the "IT" is a special. Special in skills, ability but there are lots of great players there. The IT is really about what is inside a person. A drive, motivation, self aware, comfortable in their own skin, leads by example, confident, courageous, bold, etc. Hard to define IT but Dak had it, Michael Jordan had IT.
    That's the thing- only time will tell if a player has IT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Correct. Shrader just needs to take the coaching & keep getting better.

I really liked what I saw from Shrader this year & think he could be really good. I have no idea what his intangibles are other than he's tough as the Willie Gay situation created some questions in my mind.
    The Gay incident doesn't really concern me with him at all. You have a true FRESHMAN QB who is trying to be a leader. The biggest mistake he made was not defusing the situation and I think that comes with maturity and experience. You also have to take into account that our coaching staff had a poor culture that allowed things to escalate to that point and ultimately was a factor in the head coach being fired.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Shrader looks the part to me. I hope he can redshirt this year and start for 3 years.
    I think the way I would handle Shrader is play him as the back up and start him for two years and then let Rogers take over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post

So what is "IT"?
    I would say Mangum had IT also.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I would say Mangum had IT also.
    Yes I agree. I was thinking football when I named Dak but Jake had IT too.

vCash
    GS biggest obstacle to overcome is GS. I was told that he was starting to mature and the new staff and how do we adjusted the attitude a little.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    GS biggest obstacle to overcome is GS. I was told that he was starting to mature and the new staff and how do we adjusted the attitude a little.
    I believe that & I also believe you could say the same for about 98% of the team. Everyone except Lovett actually
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    My son is in the 9th grade at Brandon. He says 1/2 the kids thinks he is overrated and he is only in the position he is in because his dad is the OC at Brandon. 25% thinks he is ok and the other 25% thinks he is great. I have watched him play. He was good with Mingo but not so much without him. I think what he does do is help bring in other Brandon kids. There are some really good athletes at that high school.
    He had better stats without Mingo than he had with him. So that is a myth. Every single kid at Brandon can tell their dads what they want but no kid starter or bench warmer senior or 9th grader ever had the set to stand up to him or tell him he was just ok or it was all bc of his dad being the OC.

vCash
    If there is an It Will has It. Kylin is kissing up a little bit bc he wants number 2 and that is wills number but there is a huge difference in the mentality of both of those kids. Rogers has ran throwing sessions and ran a bunch of workouts. He is a winner