Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: USCe just announced...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Think about all the nursing home residents that are forced to go to our football games!**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MSU 1984 View Post
    That the university WILL open back up this Fall for in person instruction. Hopefully other SEC schools (and all other football schools) will follow. I?m still holding out hope for college football in 2020 and having students back on campus would obviously be necessary for that to happen. For the faint of heart, there will be a new normal on campus...

Plans include the following per the university president:

?We will have the capacity to test every Student, Faculty and Staff member for COVID-19 upon return the campus

We have the capacity to sustain a robust testing program throughout the entire semester

We are reviewing several comprehensive tracing and tracking apps for early and thorough identification of at-risk contacts

We have designated ample student housing for those who may require isolation and quarantine, and we are putting in place the support services to provide for their meals, education, and other needs

We will increase on campus single-occupancy rooms in on-campus residence halls

We will modify our dining practices in order to reduce close student contact in student dining facilities through "grab and go" meals

We will make accommodations for high-risk individuals and others who choose to continue online instruction with safeguards for protection against discrimination and stigma

We will follow clear public health protocols, including social distancing within classrooms, lecture halls, meeting rooms and sports venues, with strong encouragement of proper social distancing off campus

We will ensure that large class sections will either meet in smaller sections or in online formats and create alternative academic offerings to accommodate safe class gatherings

We will provide advising over the summer to help all students adjust their course schedules as needed

And finally, as stated, no student, faculty or staff member will be required to return

The new normal on campus won't be easy but judging by how well all of you have risen to the occasion during the challenges of the last many weeks, I have great confidence in you.?
    In other news, I'm going to win the powerball in late september.

USCe has NO WAY of knowing whether they will be playing this fall because there is no way of knowing right now if we are going to still be in, or re entering stay at home orders.

I really wish people who are leading our country and our state would formally announce that any plans beyond the next 14 days are tentative AT BEST.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Folks on here dissing our leadership don't know how the world works.
    You mean other states & schools don't appear to work faster?

Sure, there is a chain of command but why does our always seem to be the slowest?

We seriously look like we're led by a complete bunch of bumpkins.

Same thing with a good bit of our fan base... poo is us. Mittittipppi Tate...... I understand why he chose LSU.... I understand why he'd transfer from MSU..... Nothing we can do about A&M purchasing players in our state..... I understand why Coach X left..... We can't afford it.....

It's just pathetic. This state will never move forward until aggressive leadership comes along & sticks it's foot up the collective ass of a good portion of the population
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 05-06-2020 at 07:25 PM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    In other news, I'm going to win the powerball in late september.

USCe has NO WAY of knowing whether they will be playing this fall because there is no way of knowing right now if we are going to still be in, or re entering stay at home orders.

I really wish people who are leading our country and our state would formally announce that any plans beyond the next 14 days are tentative AT BEST.
    I disagree with this take. Just because we don't know what's happening in the future (when have we ever?), doesn't mean you shouldn't make plans. Obviously, anything can happen between now and September; however, schools can't wait until August to make a decision to reopen. Reopening a college (especially in light of the virus) isn't like turning on a light switch. It's not about KNOWING what is going to happen in the future, it's about preparing for it. If colleges don't start preparing NOW to open in the fall, they definitely won't open, even if they could have. That's why this is good and meaningful news and should be taken as such by anyone hoping for life to return to normal as soon a possible.

Making no decision at this point because of uncertainty is a decision. It's a decision to definitely not open.